Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

If you fell for someone on lush and the feeling is mutual, would you expect the relationship to be exclusive?

last reply
10 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm going to asssume you are talking about meeting and playing exclusively online with each other and not in real life. Therefore...

Speaking from experience, as much as I think some people may expect or even discuss exclusivity, I sincerely believe that MEN especially are unable to completely and faithfully subscribe to such a thing. Online is a candy buffet of lustful temptations - just when you think you've found your perfect candy, there is always another sweeter one just a click away. Most people look to online as a means of fantasy and release not for it to be another 'relationship'.

Having said that, I know there have been relationships found and developed as a result of meeting on here that have trascended into real life (good for you!) but the odds are slim to none. I think everyone needs to leave their expectations at the door and take this place for what it is - a good time. If you're lucky enough to meet a few good men (or women) that do it for you, treat you with respect and make you feel good, awesome! But I highly advise not getting wrapped up into thinking you're really that super special that it will be enough to keep your online object of your affection, exclusive and faithful to chatting and/or playing with only you (even though I'm sure you are special, of course!). At the end of the day, this is online and it's impossible to know if anyone is really being completely honest about anything they are saying and doing be it online or in real life.

I'm not saying it can't ever happen, I'm just saying to let it evolve naturally and forget about feeling like you have to label what you have and especially expecting anything from it except a chance to make a new friend and have a good time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
well as a tender hearted woman you may! but there are some real arseholes out there who will say one thing and in the other window be saying something else, people can be so misleading or even evil enough to break a heart and not give a flying donald !
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would expect it to exclusive if that is what we agreed on, same as in real life. But if we never discussed it, I would not make that assumption or expect the other person to make that assumption of me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I would expect it to exclusive if that is what we agreed on, same as in real life. But if we never discussed it, I would not make that assumption or expect the other person to make that assumption of me.

I agree completely. But has not he word gotten out about unconditional love without exclusivity. If not Darn.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I would also agree with Nikki - maybe I am naive but I believe you should treat people and be treated by people on here as you would in the "real" world and the rules and expectations of that relationship should not be different just because you are online.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes I would. when you fall in love with a person you should not want to be with anyone else, only the person you love.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I think that if it has been descussed and agreed apon then it should count in both online and in real life if you plan on meeting that person and if you truly love one another then you should be together
Lurker
0 likes
There has never been any guarantee against infidelity. Infidelity is part of human nature. Even in committed, long-term, mutually-satisfying relationships, there are always moments of mental infidelity. It happens. It is human. If we are totally committed to a relationship we will chastise ourselves for thinking such thoughts. As relationships become less and less committed, and the opportunities for infidelity increase, the actual likelihood of infidelity also increases. A relationship based solely on social networking is the pinnacle of false commitment. We can say any truth, or untruth, imaginable. So we do. If I find someone whom I think be a great partner for my sexual fantasies, I can say anything I want that I think will encourage my electronic partner to stay. Even if both of us agree to be exclusive of all others, there is no foolproof method of verification. I could be chatting with two people at the same time, promising each my undying commitment. Social networking via Internet is nothing more than a fantasy-playground. The odds against a lasting committed relationship are difficult enough in real life. The odds against a committed relationship based only on Internet interaction is astronomical. Best not to even try.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

This ^

I'm so glad I read the comments before I posted, because I was about to post these exact words. Unless you discuss it, then everyone's a free agent. This is where so many people get it wrong in a relationship...assuming things before there actually IS a relationship. No need to get possessive or territorial, especially if the grounds of your relationship haven't even been established or determined.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░