Sent Messages - Why you no delete

last reply
57 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Our messaging storage is mounting up, our backup requirements (Lush wide) is now 250gb.

I'm proposing that we purge messages in your sent items after a set period (say 100 days). You can always move anything you want to keep to a folder to secure it.

Thoughts?

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Huh, I never considered that this might be a problem. I probably still have every email ive ever sent or recieved here. Lol, my account is probably 5000 deep. I suppose I should start tossing out the trash!

Yeah Gav, I say do it. Guys like me shouldn't be given unlimited storage.
Lurker
0 likes
lol I have slight OCD issues, all my mail goes into folders and I clear any unwanted mail weekly.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Sounds like a good idea to me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tried deleting them all but it won't let me. Don't tell me I have to delete 653 pages one by one , it would be nice to delete them all at once.
Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
deleting : )
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
anything YOU say Gav smile
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can't see any problems that.

Maybe there'd be a space saving to be had if "send to everyone" mails were stored as one sent item instead of as many friends as you have.

I'm sure just keeping them for one month would be fine - as you say, there are folders to store them if you're one of "those" types of people.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Good idea. I never think of cleaning out my send folder, oddly. Actually I'm pretty lazy and don't clean out my inbox at all, something like that would be useful, especially for for us lazy bones. Better get my inbox sorted, actually it's looking pretty messy.
Lurker
0 likes
No problemo! I never look at them anyway!
Lurker
0 likes
How do I save ones to a "folder" Gav? There is some stuff I want to keep....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Go for it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am for deleting.. but I think we should have the options to save for longer elsewhere...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by gav
Our messaging storage is mounting up, our backup requirements (Lush wide) is now 250gb.

I'm proposing that we purge messages in your sent items after a set period (say 100 days). You can always move anything you want to keep to a folder to secure it.

Thoughts?

May I move 80% of the most cherished ones since September 2009, to a new folder labeled: Sent Mail ?

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Naughty_Magician
I tried deleting them all but it won't let me. Don't tell me I have to delete 653 pages one by one , it would be nice to delete them all at once.

Wow 653 pages of sent messages. No wonder you haven't been able to find this one...

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I say do it. I just cleaned out my mail the other day.
Bunker Love
My Dream my latest stopry
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

i have this issue too - when i saw the topic, i went and started deleting messages... a page at a time, and yeah, i had like... ok, i don't want to admit how many, but it's kind of crazy, like NMs number... after about 20 pages, i stopped, it would take all day! i don't really save them for a reason, it just saves automatically, and having them self delete after 100 days would be really a blessing for me.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Thanks everyone.

No need for manual deletes (unless you have OCD like stelmaria and myself), they shall automatically delete after 100 days.

Starting.......................NOW
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gav
Thanks everyone.

No need for manual deletes (unless you have OCD like stelmaria and myself), they shall automatically delete after 100 days.

yay! i'm down to 600! *does a happy sprite dance*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by gav
Thanks everyone.

I'll have you know trooper, my box is impeccably tidy ;) hahahaha

Excellent idea I think!!
Code Monkey
0 likes
Purge complete.

Welcome to your minty fresh new sent box, from 2.2 million messages, to 496k

Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by gav
Purge complete.

Welcome to your minty fresh new sent box, from 2.2 million messages, to 496k

Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
Quote by gav
Thanks everyone.

things like this are why we love you, gav.
Lurker
0 likes
I delete nothing. I'm too lazy!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
awww i did all mine by hand!
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Wow 653 pages of sent messages. No wonder you haven't been able to find this one...

Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Clever Gem
0 likes

A) Glass houses
B) You should read the small print, that image is copyrighted.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav
.. they shall automatically delete after 100 days.

NO Gav!!! NO!! I read them, and re-read, I loveeee to read how cute and smart I sounded, so please, don't take my hobby away!!! Please?