Offline & Online

last reply
30 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it cheating to carry on (in chat or email) online if you have a relationship offline? (I'm assuming the online doesn't become offline.)

What is it about online written sex ("I'm kissing you ... etc") that makes it so hot?
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Depends on the boundaries of your relationship. Just think about how it would make your significant other feel if he/she knew if you were cybering online. If it's something you wouldn't want them to know about, then chances are you shouldn't be doing it.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
... and how would you feel if your significant other was doing it behind your back?
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
look at it this way would you get pissed off if your partner was on here doing all this sexy cyber.you just have to weigh it all out.but cheating is cheating if you are doing things behind your partners back without them knowing..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
Depends on the boundaries of your relationship. Just think about how it would make your significant other feel if he/she knew if you were cybering online. If it's something you wouldn't want them to know about, then chances are you shouldn't be doing it.

I wouldn't mind. She would mind knowing. She might not understand it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1ball
... and how would you feel if your significant other was doing it behind your back?

Wouldn't bother me in the least. So long as the online/offline boundary was kept.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Vanellus

I wouldn't mind. She would mind knowing. She might not understand it.

Then you have your answer. If you can't tell her "Hey, I cyber fuck strangers as often as they let me!" then chances are you're cheating.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

Then you have your answer. If you can't tell her "Hey, I cyber fuck strangers as often as they let me!" then chances are you're cheating.

OK, but what if I want to cheat, but keep the cheating online?
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Vanellus

Your question was "Is it cheating?" You just admitted to cheating. YES....it's cheating. I don't know if I can be any more clear.

Gosh. It's like nailing jell-o to the wall.

0 likes
Quote by Vanellus

You seem like you're asking for permission to cheat. Your wife is the only one who can give that the okay, and if she does it's no longer cheating.

You just have to take the words "offline" and "online" out of the question to find your answer. Is it okay to carry on with another person when you're already involved in a relationship?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ummm... I have a quick question for the OP...
Why don't you do this with your wife?
Texts, emails and sexy handwritten notes in strategic places can give you the same thrill without the worry of "cheating".
Plus... Your wife gets the added benefit and so do you with a little extra sack time for "keeping things fresh" between the both of you.

Note: This is also a great way to introduce some roleplaying into your relationship. Sometimes people are more comfortable letting their inner sex goddess out by writing it down. You have that ability to bring it out in her. Just a thought.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I unfortuately, I know the hurt of my husband cheating online as it is called. He had been emailing a woman for months behind my back. I never would have suspected anything because like everyone else we had normal marriage spats. In our worst of times I would never have thought he would do such a thing. And before you ask...Did I give him all sex he wanted? The answer is yes. Let me just say that he got everything he wanted. His cheating tore my heart out. When I read the words "I Love you more than my own wife." It hurt like hell. I got mad, angry, sad, and then I kicked him out. Cheating is cheating and it is never ok. Perhaps you and your wife need to roll play and pretend you too are having the affair by emailing each other.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Vanellus

That's entirely on you then. You will deserve any negative consequences that might result from sharing intimacy with someone outside the acceptance of your spouse.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Vanellus

Wouldn't bother me in the least. So long as the online/offline boundary was kept.

really? youd be ok coming home and finding spread legged in front of a comp being cyber fucked by some random dude online? i think you need to try it before you say you'd mind it or not.
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Many relationships today are similar to the modern television.

It has become a disposable world. When something becomes; old and worn out, or one grows tired of their mate, it's easy to pitch it and buy a new one, or worse yet, go an watch the neighbors set.

I see nothing but excellent advise here friend.
I hope you choose to follow.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by littlemissbitch

really? youd be ok coming home and finding spread legged in front of a comp being cyber fucked by some random dude online? i think you need to try it before you say you'd mind it or not.

A cyber cuckold? Next he'll be licking the cyber creampie.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, it's cheating. It's all in the intention and mindset.
Lurker
0 likes
it is cheating if you have that much affection and time to give to another person especially online. then what is stopping you from putting that effort and passion into your actual relationship. it hurts deeply to find out the person you are with is carrying on with someone online reading the things they would like to do or have done it hurts. trust me she will notice a difference. put that passion where it truly matters.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Always interesting debates with online cheating. I honestly believe that there is a gender difference of what constitutes cheating (and please don't read that as though I am saying ALL genders at 100%, because if common sense prevails, there are always exceptions to a "stereotypical ideal"). It has appeared to me, on Lush, that men "generally" believe that if it is NOT physical, there is no cheating. Though, we all know and most agree, if there is any type of emotional involvement, that is indeed considered to be cheating.

Even here on Lush, both parties single in real life, finding an interesting relationship developing ....... and one decides to "play" with someone else. Yikes!

Even here on Lush, the one who finds out about the other playing with someone else, will usually garner a "cheated on" feeling from the cheatee. Yikes!

Even here on Lush .... sometimes one thinks more of the other person ... like the idea of SO ... "presuming" that they are just playing with only each other.

Even here on Lush .... bad feelings and break ups happen because of this.

Nature of the beast is this .... when your eyes, thoughts, body, heart moves to someone else besides your significant other (in real life or online) .... it's a sad mistake to assume that the other person will be "OK" with it.

I am of the opinion that one must break it off, clearly .... before starting up with someone else, in real life and online. One should try to be courteous and still considerate in any type of relationship. I have never cheated on a significant other, in any fashion whatsoever. I believe they deserve to be released before I start up with someone else.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by amberlyn
it is cheating if you have that much affection and time to give to another person especially online. then what is stopping you from putting that effort and passion into your actual relationship. it hurts deeply to find out the person you are with is carrying on with someone online reading the things they would like to do or have done it hurts. trust me she will notice a difference. put that passion where it truly matters.

This is probably the best advice I've ever read on Lush! X
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Each person has a different classification of cheating. One would argue that it is emotionally cheating, but honestly- how emotionally invested can you be during cyber sex? You can't really take anyone for who they claim they are, and although it is a thrill, it's pure fantasy. Unless of course, they chose to pursue whatever relationship they have offline.. But for the sake of argument, I would have to say no. I would also have to consider the fact that if someone were caught by their actual partner, how the partner would feel (inadequate, jealous, or "Why them and not me?").. it's all a tedious thing to sort out. It's not going to be the same end result every time, some will be more forgiving if there was a problem to begin with.. and some might even end the relationship over cyber sex.. That is why you stay single, kids! You don't have to get entangled with relationship drama! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by swollen

This is probably the best advice I've ever read on Lush! X

But even with the advice - it is not going to make you stop.
Isolation - A Tale Of Star-Crossed Lovers
By
hartclass & CumGirl

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hartclass

But even with the advice - it is not going to make you stop.

Ouch! Dim-fuck comment alert!

(I just can't get enough feel-good factor out of this public annihilation of my moral character today - have to keep revisiting this one, for the kick!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by swollen
Ouch!

Well that's you told ;)
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Well that's you told ;)

Water/duck's back, and all that! You know what a tough, insensitive, brazen hussy I am! X
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
@swollen

Well yes, but only because it takes one to know one x
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Story Verifier
0 likes
When I was a child and being taught to make responsible decisions, my parents told me, 'As you make decisions, pretend your Mother is watching over your shoulder. If you think she would approve of what you're doing, go ahead. If you think she would disapprove, don't do it. That advice would work here. If your mate was watching over your shoulder, would she approve? Based on what you've written, I'd guess no. That means regardless of whether or not YOU consider it cheating, she probably would consider it cheating. Why do you have trouble being honest with the most important person in your life?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by swollen

Ouch! Dim-fuck comment alert!

(I just can't get enough feel-good factor out of this public annihilation of my moral character today - have to keep revisiting this one, for the kick!)

But why not just accept that you lust after someone - end of
Isolation - A Tale Of Star-Crossed Lovers
By
hartclass & CumGirl

Lurker
0 likes
Cheating has no place in a healthy, loving relationship. I have seen the best definition of cheating here on Lush-anything you do that you don't want your partner to find out about-whether it be a physical relationship, cyber, sexting, flirting, anything that places an area of your life 'off limits' to them.

I have never cheated on my wife physically. I have, however, done some flirting behind her back and felt terrible about it. I was scared she would find out and how much that would hurt her. I wish I had been thinking along those lines before I had done it and decided against it. She did find out because I didn't try to conceal it from her. When I saw how devastating it was to her and her self esteem I promised myself to never do anything like that again. I promised her I wouldn't do anything like that behind her back again and asked her to forgive me.

I still feel very bad to this day for ever doing anything so hurtful to her and try to think about how my actions will affect her. I just think to myself "how would she feel if I..." I don't ever want to hurt her. She is way too important to me and I care for her too much to do anything like that again.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if your partner would mind..then yes

to me it is..if i found out my lover or partner was sharing what i WANT

i would kick hom to the curb

but as i have said before...1 i am way too demanding in bed for a man ot EVEN think of another and 2...i dont share...

perhaps instead of looking for another..u start being the LOVER to..your partner...

texting her sexy words...overnight stays in hotels where u "meet" as strangers

toy play in the bedroom and bath....

i belive we all get lazy in love...and most DEF..in sex...