Site Outage – 22 September

last reply
47 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
I need to take the site down for approximately an hour to repair the database. Observant viewers would have seen the error page show more frequently the past week or so. The database is corrupt which is causing it to crash sporadically.

Not sure what time, but you will know when its offline. SS and HL will still be available during this time.
Lurker
0 likes
ok i am dumb what is SS and HL ????
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by gav
The database is corrupt which is causing it to crash sporadically.

So, the Lush database has entered into politics? That brings a whole new meaning to backhanders.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by cocokisses
I did notice and said, "No doubt Gav is on it."

I don't think the database can cope with how he rocks it...
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I don't think the database can cope with how he rocks it...

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
omg... an HOUR???? *bursts into tears and cries* how will i cope!?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I don't know who you are Gav, but if you can fix the crashing problem, I thank you wholeheartedly. I kept thinking my computer was possessed until I logged on to another site without issue. Thank you kindly for all that you are doing to restore the harmony of Lush.....

You Rock

Irish
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
can you do this when it's not inconvenient for me? like wake up at 4am or something, cause like, you know i'm the center of the universe, right?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Is akin to the earlymorning 6 am crashes that have been creeping in? I notice that, it hasn't done that in ages silly
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Who'd a known that I should've taken those two Spanish electives when I was in college 30 years ago. gawddamned it all!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Code Monkey
0 likes
5 minute warning.

downtime is dictated around the twins sleeping, sorry!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gav
5 minute warning.

downtime is dictated around the twins sleeping, sorry!

ok, well the twins take precedence over us... i guess it's ok... smile

Code Monkey
0 likes
...and we're back.

anyone lost any cheese?
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Woo Hoo
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav

...and we're back.

anyone lost any cheese?

Actually, I lost some parmigiano and prosciutto, but wine was involved so maybe that was my dinner and I don't remember it clearly ;) However before total locked down I had 63 still unread messages, now I have 42. Not that I mind, less work for me, but sorry for people who's message I wont be able to reply. Just wanted to inform you, nothing else
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav

...and we're back.

anyone lost any cheese?

Whats up. Four of my stories are missing.
Lurker
0 likes
Gav, all my Poems are missing, and I checked another friends wall, his work is missing as well. I hope this isn't going to be as big problem as it seems.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i am missing a bunch of stories too...

at least 6 stories and all my poems...

Code Monkey
0 likes
Can I swear...... FUCK

I had to rollback to the previous restore point. Can you check again make sure things are back to normal.

This means we still have our database hiccup
Lurker
0 likes
I am grinning! You are f... genius! Thank you!

p.s. LOL I thought you might lost 2 hours of work , but didnt wanna put salt on your wound
Lurker
0 likes
They're back. Thanks Gav.

edit: oh, you still have the old problems. Hope you get it worked out.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
looks like i'm good now, Gav - thank you very much, i tried really hard not to panic *hugs* sorry that this has been stressful on you.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NathanDrake

edit: oh, you still have the old problems. Hope you get it worked out.

giggling, you see, this is salt on the wound
0 likes
If Lush goes down again, I'd just like to ask that people who are visiting Stories Space during the downtime PLEASE remember it's a non-erotic site aimed at all ages. I've had to change usernames of a sexual nature and delete blog posts related to Lush etc. It's really good to see new people there but if you could please remember it's not an erotic story site, that would be much appreciated.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by sprite
looks like i'm good now, Gav - thank you very much, i tried really hard not to panic *hugs* sorry that this has been stressful on you.

I suck @ databases. I think I shall just keep all the data on your ipod next time. Dont unplug it from your computer oks!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gav

I suck @ databases. I think I shall just keep all the data on your ipod next time. Dont unplug it from your computer oks!

ok, just as long as you don't try to put any Justin Beiber songs on my ipod (again)! wanna know something? even if you'd lost my stories, i'd still love you. *hugs*