Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : Who would you vote for right now? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Barack Obama (Democrat) 58 54 %
Mitt Romney (Republican) 35 32 %
Gary Johnson (Libertarian) 7 6 %
Tom Hoefling (American Independent Party) 1 0 %
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party) 2 1 %
Other 4 3 %

Let the voting begin! Let's see how a lushworld poll compares to the real world... Options · View
Travengineer
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:07:09 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 7/30/2012
Posts: 31
Location: Westerly, United States
]I am a citizen of the United States. I am voting for Barack Obama. I believe the alternative is to put in power a political party, specifically the Republican party, that represents the anti-intellectual, anti- science, anti- woman worst parts of my country. A country I love and served proudly as a US Marine.
Mr. Romney I believe truly thinks that you make it on your own and you are in charge of your own destiny. It is not just untrue but it is a way to blame people who are less fortunate than you for their situation and release you from any sense of obligation. My belief is that true patriotism is a commitment to your country and your fellow citizens.
If you want to vote for Mr. Romney and think you can make it on your own without any help. I hope you are never involved in a flood, a hurricane or an earthquake where your very survival depends on the generosity and good will of your neighbors and fellow citizens and I certainly hope you are never in a fire fight where everything depends on those same fellow citizens who are likewise serving their country. You will learn that in the end we are all in this together.

One vote for Barack Obama
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:22:23 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
For MITT
Obama is a continuation of Bush. Spending, Global Goverment, Print MONEY, No Oil policy, Big Bank backing and on and on...As a military family Obama is awful!!!!!! When he called the special forces they went, when they called for help he and his people said NO. And that was not the first time he hung them out to dry!!!!
tazznjazz
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:42:01 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/30/2012
Posts: 329
Location: under bright lights, United States
I am not one of those that thinks Pres. Obama can do no wrong. I think the expectations when he was elected were so high that no one save superman could have met them. I'm somewhat disappointed in his leadership to be honest and more disappointed in his negative campaign and lack of inspiration.

I do feel he's a far better choice then Gov. Romney for a number of reasons, [1] He has got us out of one senseless war and is winding down the other senseless war he was stuck with and has a reasonable, tempered policy to the looming Iran nuclear crisis. His State dept. has worked well, restoring our standing in global politics after the maverick policies of the previous administration. He rid the world of Bin Laden and focuses the war on terrorism on terrorists, not nations. [2] His record on woman's issues is in line with the 21st century, not the 19th. [3] His attempts at recovery of the economy, those not blocked by congress seem to be working, although people want instant results to complex problems. [4] Heath care is long overdue in this country and while Obama care is not perfect, it's a step in the right direction. [5] While Pres. Obama is far more moderate than I'd hoped for, he's a proven leader while the other candidate is a unknown commodity who has more flip flops and unclear plans then any candidate on record.

We can be certain that Mr. Romney will take unfavorable positions on gay rights and woman's issues,and the rest of his policies are mirky at best. I have to have more respect for other candidates [Gingrich,etc.] who while I don't agree with them, have the backbone to take positions and stick with them instead of saying anything and everything to be elected.

We do know that Mr. Romney is a Wall street insider, a corporate raider with offshore bank accounts,
has holdings that sent jobs oversea's and has holdings in China companies, wont make public his income tax records, has a known record of gay bashing and harassment that under current law would be considered a hate crime, saved the winter games in Salt Lake City with taxpayer funds costing us in the millions, and believes that 47% of US citizens don't matter, but he knows how to fix this country so we should take his word for it.

For these reasons and many more President Obama is my choice. He is not superman nor should we expect him to be, but he has proven to be a steady, thoughtful leader who has the whole country's best interests at heart, not 53% of us.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:57:16 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,301
Location: West Coast
tazznjazz wrote:
I am not one of those that thinks Pres. Obama can do no wrong. I think the expectations when he was elected were so high that no one save superman could have met them. I'm somewhat disappointed in his leadership to be honest and more disappointed in his negative campaign and lack of inspiration.

I do feel he's a far better choice then Gov. Romney for a number of reasons, [1] He has got us out of one senseless war and is winding down the other senseless war he was stuck with and has a reasonable, tempered policy to the looming Iran nuclear crisis. His State dept. has worked well, restoring our standing in global politics after the maverick policies of the previous administration. He rid the world of Bin Laden and focuses the war on terrorism on terrorists, not nations. [2] His record on woman's issues is in line with the 21st century, not the 19th. [3] His attempts at recovery of the economy, those not blocked by congress seem to be working, although people want instant results to complex problems. [4] Heath care is long overdue in this country and while Obama care is not perfect, it's a step in the right direction. [5] While Pres. Obama is far more moderate than I'd hoped for, he's a proven leader while the other candidate is a unknown commodity who has more flip flops and unclear plans then any candidate on record.

We can be certain that Mr. Romney will take unfavorable positions on gay rights and woman's issues,and the rest of his policies are mirky at best. I have to have more respect for other candidates [Gingrich,etc.] who while I don't agree with them, have the backbone to take positions and stick with them instead of saying anything and everything to be elected.

We do know that Mr. Romney is a Wall street insider, a corporate raider with offshore bank accounts,
has holdings that sent jobs oversea's and has holdings in China companies, wont make public his income tax records, has a known record of gay bashing and harassment that under current law would be considered a hate crime, saved the winter games in Salt Lake City with taxpayer funds costing us in the millions, and believes that 47% of US citizens don't matter, but he knows how to fix this country so we should take his word for it.

For these reasons and many more President Obama is my choice. He is not superman nor should we expect him to be, but he has proven to be a steady, thoughtful leader who has the whole country's best interests at heart, not 53% of us.


Great post! 3601


Guest
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:15:17 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
Umm why do I not see Ron Paul on this ballot? Like Richard Pryor said in Brewsters Millions "None of the above!"
ApoTmo
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:39:56 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 10/17/2011
Posts: 2
Location: USA
Romney all The way. But I do agree with President Obama's foreign policy, however, The President has not done near enough to recharge The economy. Unemployment and food stamps are at their highest during this administration.
ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:49:26 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 754
Location: Massachusetts, United States
lyndav2 wrote:
For MITT
Obama is a continuation of Bush. Spending, Global Goverment, Print MONEY, No Oil policy, Big Bank backing and on and on...As a military family Obama is awful!!!!!! When he called the special forces they went, when they called for help he and his people said NO. And that was not the first time he hung them out to dry!!!!


Umm what are you referring to here?

If it is the Libya thing, well under Obama the US and allies have managed to eliminate the dictator whose support for and acts of terrorism have caused more US and NATO deaths than any other. In fact Gadaffi was responsible for supplying the Badder Meinhof gang, the IRA, Action Direkt and bombing two civilian airliners (one US, one French). Mitt Romney opposed that action right up until it was successful when he tried to claim credit.

Now four US deaths is certainly to be avoided, but that is a heck of a lot more impressive than Bush who invaded Iraq on a whim resulting in 3,000 US military dead, 4,000 other US dead and between half a million and a million dead Iraqis. Since Bush was forced to agree to a timetable for withdrawal of all US forces the Iraqi government has been allied with Iran.

Moreover, the administration had asked Congress for more money for US embassy and consulate protection and it was turned down by the same Republicans who are now grandstanding claiming that the administration was responsible. Check the constitution, the House has the power of the purse, they are the ones who blocked the money for more security.

Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:16:39 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,401
Location: United States
ApoTmo wrote:
Romney all The way. But I do agree with President Obama's foreign policy, however, The President has not done near enough to recharge The economy. Unemployment and food stamps are at their highest during this administration.


Unemployment insurance and food stamps are available during this administration. What will happen when there is a deep recession and those things aren't available because of conservative cut backs in the budget?

I have said this repeatedly, the Romney economic plan doesn't work. It doesn't add up. The numbers are all wrong. There aren't enough deductions to make up for the tax cuts he's planning. All he can do is cut domestic programs. You know his party isn't going to let him cut anything from the defense budget. If Bush hadn't followed the voodoo economics of Ronald Reagan, we wouldn't be in the economic mess we are today. Romney wants to take us back to the Bush era economic plan. The trickle down theory of economics doesn't work. Nothing will ever make it work. It just moves wealth from the bottom to the top, shrinks the middle class, and puts more and more people into poverty.

The President's failure to recharge the economy is not due to the fact that he has pursued progressive economic policies. If it were, Romney might be able to fix it. The truth is that Obama has followed the same economic strategy that the Bush administration did, letting wealth flow upward at a steady rate while failing to do anything that might actually make jobs. He is too conservative in his economics, not too liberal. Electing someone who is even more conservative, who has an absolute belief that private enterprise is the answer to all our problems, like Romney and Ryan, isn't going to fix things. It's going to make things worse.

We need a complete overhaul of the economic system in this country. People who provide the capital are doing fine, it's the people who provide the labor who are getting screwed. Our economy, at least after WWII, was consumer orientated. The supply siders failed to see this. They think that wealth grows completely out of capital. They fail to see the value in labor that lies in working class and middle class people having money to spend on goods. They have discovered that they can produce overseas and sell overseas, so the American worker no longer matters as a consumer.

DLizze
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:21:58 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,552
Exactly. And, I might add, a vote for a non-viable third (or other) party candidate is the same as a throw-away, which will only help the Romney camp.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Guest
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:09:37 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
President Obama adandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal goverment of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The president admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.
"Look, it's an all volunteer fource." Obama complained. "Nobody made thse guys go to war. They had to hvae known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute. "I thought these were eople who were proud to sacrifce for their country. (Obama continued) I wasn't asking for blood, just money."

This is the thoughts of our Command In Chief. OK to give free medical to non citizens, but not to people who fight a war, that we did not start (remember 911).
ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:48:27 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 754
Location: Massachusetts, United States
The reason people are objecting to Republican voter suppression techniques is that they are intentionally demanding evidence that they know people do not have.

The US does not have a national identity card system. Many young people and old people do not drive cars and so do not have current driving licenses. Not coincidentally, the targeted groups are rather less likely to vote Republican.

Voter impersonation fraud is practically non-existent. There were less than ten cases prosecuted last election. None would have changed the outcome. The significant fraud in elections comes entirely from preventing legitimate voters from casting ballots. So in Ohio in 2004 the corrupt Secretary of State Ken Blackwell deliberately ensured that student dominated precincts had two machines while the rich neighborhood with fewer voters had twenty. People waited eight hours to vote. It was not a mistake, that was the intention, to steal the election by stopping students voting.

The architect of the Pennsylvania voter suppression scheme admitted that voter suppression was the goal, to give Romney Pennsylvania.

Dani
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:59:12 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 4,725
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
ScottFord wrote:

Sliperywhenwet wanted to know who I thought worshiped Obama. The media for one. Some channels spend the whole time kissing his feet (MSNBC and NBC and ABC). Not that we have a free press anymore. But CNN and FOX and CBS do at times have hard questions and check out a story. Not that they are perfect. The President does not like anyone who questions him and has said various medias who do are not invited to his "Press Conferences". By the way when is the last time he really had a press conference. I like the British form of government where the leader is required to go before the elected officals of both parties and defend his or her polices. Could you see one of our Presidents ever doing something like that? Freedom of speech is also dying. If anyone speaks out against Obama his backers or whorshipers instead of giving a defense or explaining facts call the unbeliver names and insult them. (If you want an idea of if our press is censored and only covers good stories of our leader and reality shows watch news from outside the country. Even the fully censored news of China gives more information on what is happening in the world than ours do. MSNBC "reporters" actually do political ads which have to now, been banned.

People who belive that their Leader is beyond doing anything wrong, even when they know he is corrupt, lies, and has sold out his own people, that is worshiping. Have you noticed that those who don't believe in a God will get really angry when someone says there is a God and all but burn the person who does not "believe" as they do. An anti god is their god. But back to humans. No human is perfect. But when they expect people to not question them, not remember what they said or did yesterday and only hear what they say today, and people obey. Then they are worshiping the Beloved One.

Those who are in the media and those on here will not defend Obama but attack those who question him in any way. They cuss and insult rather than talk facts. That is how someone acts who worships someone.

Obama lied to the former Press Secretary of Pres. Clilnton who now works for ABC. Did he object, or make any comment? No. Obama said he knew it was our enemies who murdered our people in Africa, yet he sent his puppets and even he went to the UN and lied to the world leaders. Did any of his followers question this. No. The little idol worshiper on MSNBC nearly torn the head off a young guy standing in line at the last debate because he had a question about the murders. The idol woshiper yelled at the poor guy for questioning the President. That is worship.

Remember how people make their money. I have family in Ark. They knew the Clintons when they were there and anyone can tell you they were not rich. But now they are. Obama too has made his fortune mostly as a politican. I prefer someone who has made their money in the business world not off the backs of the tax payer. And Obama followers made a big deal out of the Gov. of Mass. paying more taxes than he should have. There is no law that says you have to take all the deductions. There is no law saying you can't write a check to the Treasury if you desire. But the Rich who back Obama and say they WANT to be taxed are full of BS. If they wanted to they could pay more now and write checks to the U.S. instead of to Obama. When they say they want their leader to tax people (and remember the Congress writes the loop holes. When taxes are raised, it usually the working class that gets hit the worst) and then turn around and complain because one of the Rich does shows that they aren't thinking about facts but only what their beloved Leader is telling them to believe even if it doesn't make since. That is worship.

As far as the Gov. goes he has one strike against him from me because he comes from Mass. And Obama has one on him because he comes from Ill. Have lived in both places and know the routine of corruption in those states. Not that either of the candidates are corrupt. Althought most of his Cabinet and lower agency leaders have been proven corrupt from gun running to giving money to crooked CEO's whose business then went belly up and they kept the money. And his giving away all that money much of which seem to go to bribes, pay backs and kick backs to people who paid for his last election I am sure is to be blamed on someone else. I would rather have been given a refund check along with all the other tax payers (not the nearly 40 in Obama Administration who are said not to have paid taxes). Then that money would have gone back into the economy. But those who question the huge pay offs question the leader and his followers will jump all over you and say yes it created Green Jobs. Most of those jobs no longer exist as the companies no longer are there. But that is worship.

I don't think the Gov. is strong and I don't think he is all that much different on some of his policies as Obama. I do believe that he is honest, a lot more than a man whose only real job was stuffing ballot boxes, and maybe he won't sign bills that no one in Congress ever read. If he does he should be kicked in the ass just as Obama should be and esp. Princess Nancy who was suppose to be the leader of the House but admited she knew nothing about what was in Obama's health plan. (I have a paper that Hillary Clinton put out when she tried to pass this the first time. I read it and see the big problems and have talked to several doctors and insurance people and have already seen what is happening to a family member because of it so I guess I know more than any Congressman or woman does.) But the Gov. believes in the same thing so I question him and his policy on health insurance and social security. In other words pretty sexy sliperywhenwet I don't worship either man or trust either man completely. They are both professional politicans. Any one who makes a career as a politican is untrustworthy. They get elected saying they are going to do something yet they admit every election that they failed and need to be put back in office. That is why I am for term limits. If it is legal for the President it is legal for all from city to Fed.

Now I am going to get yelled at and insulted rather than have someone say 'You are wrong because...". That is because Obama's followers like Obama can not defend his actions over the last four years. Two of which he had complete control so should have been able to put into effect all that he needed to bring the economy up and to make us strong in the world instead of (as his speech in 2008 on Meet the Press) bring our Government and military down to a level where his brothers in the Middle East will no longer fear us. No one will explain why he wasn't able to put his plan for the children and the future into being when he had the time and chance. To question him would be to not believe in him. So you must not question, but worship.


I did my best in narrowing down your post to the relevant stuff. Not to be rude, but I really didn't start paying attention until my name popped up. All politicians get their share of media "worship". I have yet to see anyone say President Obama can do no wrong. That's just a foolish thing to say about anyone, no matter what the profession is. And even if President Obama were being "worshipped" as you say, he's not telling anyone to do it. And you focus on things he hasn't accomplished while completely overlooking the things he HAS. You claim people have insulted you, but I see no insults. I only see factual rebuttals. I don't agree with every single thing President Obama does. And I'd never yell at or insult anyone who points out his flaws. I've even pointed out his flaws when discussing him with others. I'm sorry, but the majority of your post is just fluff. There isn't much truth to anything you've said. And I've tried dissecting it and looking for actual facts, but overall you just seem very paranoid and jaded, and perhaps you have good reason to be. It's like reading something that a conspiracy theorist came up with. I mean no disrespect, but the majority of your logic is invalid.



Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

TheGulfCoaster
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:40:37 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 1/2/2011
Posts: 581
Location: Sarasota County, United States
Wow - I've been trying to stay off the more politically oriented forum topics because I'm passionate about my own political beliefs, but Wow - I don't know what to make of ScottFord. He doesn't really make a direct stand for any candidate but bashes Obama severely, while only throwing a couple softballs in Romney's direction. Pretty transparent attempt at posting the conservative talking points heard on Fox News Channel and the Limbaughs, Becks and Hannities, et al on AM radio. "Obama's Brothers in the Middle East"??? That statement alone tells me you lack research and critical thinking skills. Do some research of your own instead of letting the right wing propaganda machine do it for you. Check Politifact to compare the number of lies coming out of the Romney camp to those from the Obama camp - I think you'll find you're being lied to by what seems to be your sole source of information. All candidates twist facts to improve their position, but there is much evidence of Romney telling out and out lies. Personally, I don't trust him at all.

(added in edit) Scott, you also made a statement that lawyers are not sworn to tell the truth in court which isn't really true. As officers of the court, they are sworn to an oath that includes honesty in the court. I've never seen a court reporter swear an oath to write or record the truth at the beginning of a trial either, but I know they are sworn to an oath of office, that controls their behavior in court, I actually have doubts you've ever been in court in a duty capacity of any kind.
JessicaX
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:44:39 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 503
Location: Minneapolis, United States
gina80 wrote:
Umm why do I not see Ron Paul on this ballot? Like Richard Pryor said in Brewsters Millions "None of the above!"


Ron Paul isn't on my goofy little ballot because he isn't on any state ballot as far as I can find. dontknow



TheGulfCoaster
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:56:34 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 1/2/2011
Posts: 581
Location: Sarasota County, United States
JessicaX wrote:


Ron Paul isn't on my goofy little ballot because he isn't on any state ballot as far as I can find. dontknow


As far as I can see, he isn't even running to hold the Texas 14th district seat he's held for 26 years! (Hooray! and good riddance)
tazznjazz
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:13:32 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/30/2012
Posts: 329
Location: under bright lights, United States
Scott, your post is too muddled to make much sense of, but I'd like to point out that Gov. Romney comes from Michigan, not Mass. His father George was Gov. of Michigan and ran against Richard Nixon as an anti war republican while sending his son to France as a Mormon missionary as a way to avoid the draft.
George Romney made his wealth from the...wait for it..auto industry.

Politicians are generally well to do before they enter public service, only becoming richer if they are corrupt and we all know that would never happen in D.C.

Pres. Obama made his money from book sales and investments and is a millionaire, but barely where as Gov. Romney made his money as a corporate raider and he wont release his income tax except for a doctored one that shows he gave his money to charity [meaning his church one would guess] so we cant really gauge his true wealth as some of his money is hidden in off shore accounts.

I suggest you watch and listen to PBS to get your facts as they are as unbiased a station as your likely to find, but if Gov. Romney wins, he's promised to stop funding so hurry!

LadyX
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:31:01 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
tazznjazz wrote:

I suggest you watch and listen to PBS to get your facts as they are as unbiased a station as your likely to find, ]


(cue wacky conservative sputtering about how liberal PBS is)
Guest
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:30:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
Ron Paul! The write-in candidate of the people!
Buz
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:27:28 PM

Rank: The Linebacker

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 5,837
Location: Atlanta, United States
ByronLord wrote:


But which Romney? Romney the moderate Republican MA governor or Romney the Tea Party supporter?


If Romney was a real Tea Partier I might consider voting for him.

But he is not.





Guest
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:20:26 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
Vote for the one who doesn't lie, puts America first, is not a racist and never has burned the U. S. flag. One who has never paid off his buddies and the rich fat cats who have backed his election by giving them tax payers money or fixing a business that their corrupt running has destroyed. But even if you prefere corruption and slavery at least vote.
seeker4
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 11:35:48 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/17/2012
Posts: 3,588
Location: Gone walkabout, Canada
Canadian here, so I'm stuck with whoever you elect as my neighbour for the next 4-8 years.

Obama is good at vision, short on delivery. Romney doesn't seem to have a vision and his delivery remains to be seen though we can get some idea from his record in Massachusetts (sorry, Mitt, Bain Capital and the Olympics don't really seem that relevant to me). His running mate definitely puts me off though. I can't see any benefit for Canada in either. Obama has largely ignored us (as did Bush before him). Romney might get along better with our right-wing PM Stephen Harper but your whole system is very inwardly focussed right now so don't see him paying us much heed either. And that might be a good thing, too.

Your Greens are not our Greens and that's probably a function of your system pushing them further out while ours are moving more into the mainstream.

So, reluctantly, I'm endorsing the Libertarians this time. Not a huge fan of Libertarianism but if they are true libertarians (i.e. support minimal government and corporate intervention in individual's lives), that may be preferable to the kind of interventionism the traditional parties seem to practice down there.


Stories that satisfy about people seeking satisfaction

Satisfaction in the Park

Satisfaction in the Library
ByronLord
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 1:54:26 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 754
Location: Massachusetts, United States
ScottFord wrote:


You have never worked at a poll or know anyone who has. Fraud is a part of the election. It was easier to catch when the polls were in the local neighborhood. Our poll workers were always catching people who were cheating. And if you live in a big city like Chicago or Boston or anywhere run by a Political machine you know things aren't always honest.


Well thanks for playing. You are clearly a liar and a troll here. You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Or you know that what you are saying is complete fabrication.

If what you are saying was true then the GOP would have pled it in their attempts to stop their voter suppression laws being thrown out in the courts. But they have not been able to come up with any evidence when asked and have so far had their suppression laws struck down in every state they have been challenged.

TheGulfCoaster
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 4:13:04 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 1/2/2011
Posts: 581
Location: Sarasota County, United States
ByronLord wrote:


Well thanks for playing. You are clearly a liar and a troll here. You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Or you know that what you are saying is complete fabrication.



I agree!

I thought that when he made the statement in an earlier post claiming he had worked as a court reporter and didn't like lawyers because they aren't sworn to tell the truth in court, I pointed out I've never seen a court reporter sworn in either.

The guy is simply regurgitating talking points he hears from FNC and the various RW propagandists on AM radio. He couldn't hold his own in a face to face debate on the facts.
Donte
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 6:28:49 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 9/20/2011
Posts: 80
Not voting Pissed at Obama for his lack of education reform that he promised and then backed the Unions.

Can't pull for Romney either.
Guest
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 7:23:06 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
Obama....no sense arguing or trying to convince anybody at this point. Just based on how the Republicans have tried to manipulate the vote how they don't denounce people like Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. How they're willing to toss their values aside and support an idiot like Aiken from Missouri since it's the best they got and what the hell... or even more simply as soon as they signed Grover Nordquists pledge they ceased to be representatives of the people So..I'm registered as an independent But OBAMA all the way. Oh Yeah..I'm also a veteran.
tazznjazz
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 11:02:58 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/30/2012
Posts: 329
Location: under bright lights, United States
This is a wonderful vid done with fairness and without hysteria that every voter needs to watch as election day gets closer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXOr3KELqE&feature=player_detailpage
Guest
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:02:58 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,825
Gee guys, talk points not just call me names, but hell I don't mind. No I am not a liar and yes in court the staff has to have an oath, not like the witness, but the Judge, clerks, reporter and rest of the staff have rules and codes we have to follow. Lawyers are given a wide leeway on "truth". And I am not against all lawyers. I have worked with some really good ones who care more for their client than their wallet. But it is like everything else you see bad ones and make the mistake, that I have and I admit it, of using the word all. It would be like me saying all Democrats or all reporters or all Republicans or all of us at Lust are this or that. That is way wrong and we all know it, but we all do it. But that is no excuse for me doing it. Or for anyone else on here doing it.

Second you keep talking about being afriaid to have some one ask you if you are the same person that is registered. I take it you have not been honest in the past in voting. Are you guys one of those cartoon characters, or dead that Obama's ACORN registered in the last election? I don't mind someone asking me for my I.D. I have nothing to fear. As for the courts well it isn't the first time they went against the people. You know they said that now private companies can take your home not just projects for the public good like dams or roads, but private outfits because they pay more taxes then the city or state is getting from the business or home owners. A lot will argue that is right, but its not and it changes the meaning of words in the Constitution. Point being courts are not alwyas right or they wouldn't have appeals to other courts or later change their rulings. And if they were right then why isn't the Sup. Court always voting 9 - 0? Judges are human and don't always agree and most are political appointed so they might just vote as the party who put them in office. Maybe. A Judge I worked for once told me their is right and there is the law. It is rare that you hear the word justice and law in the same sentence.

Tell you what. For evey instance you can give me of a crooked or illegal voting or registering or manipulation by the news and Republican Party (you can start with Alaska as their Republicans are really on the crooked side) I'll give you five on the other side. Of course we would end up filling all the alloted bits on this system.

By the way check the unemployment figures for black Americans and Latins. Also just check what Obama has done with the money he has given out and who he gave it out to and how many of those "companies" went belly up. In San Francisco they have a bridge made in China while Nancy P. was House Leader and Obama was making speeches about giving hiway jobs and bridges to American workers. I don't have to lie and you don't have to pretend, just check out the facts. Like I said both of them are professional politicans and both have many of the same "plans and visions". One had four years and failed. But like the majority of Congress that have also failed (in both parties) but people are sheep and figure don't rock the boat even if they have to suffer. So most will be reelected and the bad times will keep going forward.

I don't go along with FOX, but who in the world would go along with MSNBC or the other networks? I just watched news from Japan, Aust. and S.K. and they all were a lot more honest than anything you can find on our networks. But people are sheep and easy led and easy fed B. S. By the way one person brought up "talking points". I take it you listen each week end when the reps of the president make their rounds and all use the very same catch words and give the very same speech so you recognize "Suppression Voting Laws, Kick The Can, War on Women, It was the Video and accept the fixed figures on unemployment (if you have never taken a class in college on how those figures can be moved around you should. In the last set, Gov. Brown of CA. did not turn the states figures in and yet we accept these regurgitating talking points as the gentleman said.

What I org. had in mind was that people who follow a politican and think that he or she can't do any wrong can be said to worship them. In many countries of the world this is the accepted way that the Leaders require. Look what happened to those women in Russia that only sang a song against their Beloved Leader. They were expected to accept what ever their leaders say and do and not question. They can do no wrong. We don't believe in that. Never should. No politican is perfect and those who can not find any fault at all are the ones who have had their minds washed and are willing to sell themselves into slavery. That is all I wanted to say at the beginning. I don't object to someone not voting as I do. That is their right. And we all a right, for now, to our views. And I don't call anyone on here liars. All I ask is you check facts. In court there are three sides to every case. Look at all three sides BEFORE you make up your mind.
Pelicanbill
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:50:54 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/13/2011
Posts: 304
Location: Top Of The South
I am a New Zealander. We haven't always had good relationships with the USA. I never voted for the parties that caused this rift. I am glad that we are back to talking and interacting with the US again. If I was an American I would be voting for Barack Obama. The other man has too many issues that he has espoused that cause me to, from down here, wonder where he is at.
Pelicanbill
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:56:28 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/13/2011
Posts: 304
Location: Top Of The South
I am a New Zealander. We haven't always had good relationships with the USA. I never voted for the parties that caused this rift. I am glad that we are back to talking and interacting with the US again. If I was an American I would be voting for Barack Obama. The other man has too many issues that he has espoused that cause me to, from down here, wonder where he is at.
Pelicanbill
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:00:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/13/2011
Posts: 304
Location: Top Of The South
Have just looked at some other entries. I like TazzinJazz. Reasonable approach. I believe that Obama is the better of two evils. He comes across as the more reasonable of the two contenders. The opponent reminds me of Tricky Dicky. I am old enough to have been "living" those days. God Save the USA!!!
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.