Chat room problems

last reply
40 replies
5.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For some time I have been unable to get the chat rooms to load.It just sits there with a blank page. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by real69luvr
For some time I have been unable to get the chat rooms to load.It just sits there with a blank page. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Is it just today? Gav has released something or other to do with apples in macs or something technical, which meant some disruption, I believe. It should be sorted out soon if it isn't already. Hope that helps?

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its been going on for me for over a week now. I can't chat at all
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Is it just today? Gav has released something or other to do with apples in macs or something technical, which meant some disruption, I believe. It should be sorted out soon if it isn't already. Hope that helps?

some people cant private chat,some people get booted out of the chatroom altogether only seconds after logging in,others get 2 black box message boxes from only 1 message being sent,ect
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by chris_brown

some people cant private chat,some people get booted out of the chatroom altogether only seconds after logging in,others get 2 black box message boxes from only 1 message being sent,ect

Yes, this should just be until the release is rolled out and severely admonished until it behaves itself.

Real69luvr, what browser are you using, and have you cleared your cache/cookies lately?

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Yes, this should just be until the release is rolled out and severely admonished until it behaves itself.

Real69luvr, what browser are you using, and have you cleared your cache/cookies lately?

any idea when thats coming?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

You said, coming".

u know what i mean lol,and besides,ive been hearing alot of complaints from friends about how just about nothing's working right
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by chris_brown

u know what i mean lol,and besides,ive been hearing alot of complaints from friends about how just about nothing's working right

And the answers are in that thread. So they can stop the whining soon enough when it's sorted. They can always read a book or phone a friend whilst they wait.

Internet Sensation
0 likes
The chat rooms should no longer be repeating what you just said a second ago.
Gav says he has scared off the live in parrot.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
The chat rooms should no longer be repeating what you just said a second ago.
Gav says he has scared off the live in parrot.

but he hasnt fixed the constant booting problem,i still get bumped a few minutes after i enter a room and try to have a conversation with anyone
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
People keep saying Gav is working on it.. We just have to grit out teeth and bare it.. I've been having the same issues now also. It's been going on for about a week. It affects my chat rooms but also my online messages and even pvt chats. Basically anything that involves chatting with people! Lol. I even had trouble last night leaving comments an scoring some peoples stories..

I hope the problem is fixed soon!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by chris_brown

but he hasnt fixed the constant booting problem,i still get bumped a few minutes after i enter a room and try to have a conversation with anyone

Try using a different browser and some patience! Have you done the whole clearing the cache and cookies thing? Does anybody else have this particular problem? Do you have any idea what a hulking great site this is, and all the things he makes it do? Why not go and play in the games forum for a bit? It will be dealt with in time!

Code Monkey
0 likes
I have applied some fixes after some detailed instructions from poppet about how to repro them.

Let me know how they go, better/worse!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by gav
I have applied some fixes after some detailed instructions from poppet about how to repro them.

Let me know how they go, better/worse!

Well my Dearest Gav, so far tonight since last speaking with you, the chatrooms haven't been bad. Though I still can't be in them and use my black box messages, I'm still having trouble with the private chats but it's still pretty new. You did just post your comment so hopefully by the morning it should give me less trouble. I'm really hoping so.. I know you can do it though. ♥ I belive in you!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeatine.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeatine.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by AuntieAngela
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeatine.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeatine.
Messages keep repeating.
Messages keep repeating.

Chat room messages? Instant (black box) messages?

You need to detail issues:

Which phone / computer / mobile device are you using?

Which Operating System / Browser / Versions?

What exactly is the problem, where?

There were nearly 100 people in the chat rooms today, it seems the majority of people have their issues fixed
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Try using a different browser and some patience! Have you done the whole clearing the cache and cookies thing? Does anybody else have this particular problem? Do you have any idea what a hulking great site this is, and all the things he makes it do? Why not go and play in the games forum for a bit? It will be dealt with in time!

Did someone say cookies?? Nom nom nom nom

Daisy the techie .... Loves it!!
Lurker
0 likes
just let me know when all the tech issues get sorted! i will be under the duvet till then ;0)
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I've spent more time in the chatrooms and gotten black box messages "Online messages" and can now chat in the rooms and there without being booted. However I got "private chat" invite and got booted from the chat. I don't know if it was a glich or just bad luck. I'll you up to date with what I see.

Everyone who is getting bent out of shape.. Keep your pants on.. Gav is busting his butt trying to figure this out. But he is human! He has a life, that is not LUSH! Give him a break!!!! Come and tell him what is wrong with as much detail as you can, and he'll get to it as soon as he can.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I hate to be the barrier of bad news.. ._.

I've been in a private chat with someone for about an hour now. Every so often the chat simply stops working and we have to close out and re-open it. I'm not sure if this is normal or a new glich but I thought I'd let you know, Gav.. I'm sorry Dear.. sad You can spank me later!
Code Monkey
0 likes
Can you refresh your browsers and try again please.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It crashes on me and I end up having to refresh my browser, and once it starts doing that it happens every few minutes until I give up and leave.
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
As of today November 8Th I haven't had any issues personally.. The chatroom issue has been fixed, the black box issue has been fixed. I haven't been freezing nearly as bad. I haven't been in any private chats today so I don't know if those are fixed but I'll keep you posted over the next couple of days in what is going on. So far everything seems to be okay..

Thank you so much for getting it all done Gav.. You're truly amazing.. I'm honored to have met you personally... Hope to chat with you again... xxx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
okay what up with the smilies????? GAV.....please fix them i love them...they make chat funny. when i dont feel like saying something a little smilie can do it....thankyou very much for your time.
my newest :)
Lurker
0 likes
no problems here
Lurker
0 likes
help i can not post a comment in chat room how do i correct this
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Usually it's just to type your message in the text box and press enter or the send button.

Is your problem that it's not sending when you press enter or the send button? Or is there another problem?
Lurker
0 likes
I can't use any of the chat rooms on any of my browsers. Simply doesn't work at all regardless of cache etc. Sad times.
Site administrator
0 likes
The team are working as quickly as they can to get it all working again ..