Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

General problems with Lush (recently) on mac?

last reply
25 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've been encountering a ton of problems with using Lush recently via Safari on my mac.

The problem I've mostly been experiencing is having to reload the page a ton of times before I can click on 'post a reply' or 'new topic' or similar. I am also unable to post photos on people's profiles via uploading - if I upload the image the page refreshes to the comment being blank. I've also been seeing a lot of delays in page loading that I haven't experienced before with Lush (not to this extent, anyway).

I have used Lush on Firefox on this same laptop with none of the above difficulties..

Is this a problem at my end? Any advice??

B x
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
online messages keep hanging
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
I've been encountering a ton of problems with using Lush recently via Safari on my mac.

The problem I've mostly been experiencing is having to reload the page a ton of times before I can click on 'post a reply' or 'new topic' or similar. I am also unable to post photos on people's profiles via uploading - if I upload the image the page refreshes to the comment being blank. I've also been seeing a lot of delays in page loading that I haven't experienced before with Lush (not to this extent, anyway).

I have used Lush on Firefox on this same laptop with none of the above difficulties..

Is this a problem at my end? Any advice??

B x

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem and just downloaded google chrome instead of safari and it works like a charm! Good luck!

smile
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you for the replies...

I can see it works on other browsers, but it'd be nice if the issue with safari could be sorted. Safari works excellently for me, I've been using it for as long as I can remember, I don't want to have to have two browsers open at once...nor will I move to a different browser purely to be able to use Lush.

It's a bit of a bugger, really, I'm definitely barely using the site as a result of this.
Matriarch
0 likes
I'm sorry to hear that LittleBambi.

Apple's recent iOS update, has really screwed with millions of web sites, ours particularly.

If you send Gav a message detailing the issues, I'm sure he'll look into resolving the problems for you.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

If you send Gav a message detailing the issues, I'm sure he'll look into resolving the problems for you.

That could take awhile ...it's a long list! But I will get on that...tomorrow....or the day after....
Matriarch
0 likes
He's spent about a month, off and on, trying to fix all the problems caused with this OS "upgrade". We should send Apple an invoice
The Linebacker
0 likes
I do better on Lush using an older Mac with Firefox. My newest Mac kicks me out completely. But even on my older one the site has been super slow lately and sometimes Lush bogs down until I just have to quit. I also have an new Android with Explorer but its slower than my old Mac. I love my time on Lush and with outside pressures cutting my time down and tech problems its a real drag. Aaaaargh!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I do better on Lush using an older Mac with Firefox. My newest Mac kicks me out completely. But even on my older one the site has been super slow lately and sometimes Lush bogs down until I just have to quit. I also have an new Android with Explorer but its slower than my old Mac. I love my time on Lush and with outside pressures cutting my time down and tech problems its a real drag. Aaaaargh!

gav got in touch and asked for a lowdown of the issues being experienced...so hopefully when he gets the time we'll see an improvement!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
He's spent about a month, off and on, trying to fix all the problems caused with this OS "upgrade". We should send Apple an invoice

Or we could hire a bunch of tech guys to fix the problem and make crapple pay the bill biggrin Unless that's what invoice means
Lurker
0 likes
I was beginning to think something was wrong with my Mac. It's comforting to know others are in same boat.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Knickerbocker7
I was beginning to think something was wrong with my Mac. It's comforting to know others are in same boat.

It's a real bugger, isn't it? I've been completely put off from posting and using the site like I normally would because it crashes my entire browser approximately 1/3 times when I try to page hop. I can only lush if I have all other websites closed down...then at least it only crashes one site as opposed to crashing every site I'm using!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Glad I found this forum, I have been having just about all of the same problems described here with my Mac. I am a new Mac user and thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks for any fixes that might be coming.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

It's a real bugger, isn't it? I've been completely put off from posting and using the site like I normally would because it crashes my entire browser approximately 1/3 times when I try to page hop. I can only lush if I have all other websites closed down...then at least it only crashes one site as opposed to crashing every site I'm using!!!

My Safari was doing the exact same thing. Crashing nonstop on Lush. I downloaded Google Chrome and it works just fine. It's too bad though, because I still prefer Safari. Once the Mac bugs are fixed, I'll go back to it but in the meantime Chrome is totally functional.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I use Firefox on my Macs to access Lush and it works very well. (Unfortunately, Safari does not work well at all on Lush and I find that Firefox works better than safari most of the time. Explorer for Mac is pretty much useless.)

I am having major problems with my Samsung Galaxy however. Many times stories on Lush are not accessible at all and every single time I post a comment on a story or Forum or even click a vote on a story it crashes Explorer. I have to reopen it and log back in.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

It is a real bugger! It’s the reason I haven’t been on this site. It’s actually a Christmas miracle I’m able to post, and my browser hasn’t closed unexpectedly, yet...
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by cocokisses
All the Apple issues and resulting fix attempts are seriously bugging up Android, specifically my Galaxy devices (SIII and Note). I don’t often complain, but it's becoming a real problem.

Hey Coco, what problems are you having? Also what browser are you using?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cocokisses
All the Apple issues and resulting fix attempts are seriously bugging up Android, specifically my Galaxy devices (SIII and Note). I don’t often complain, but it's becoming a real problem.

It is a shame when a site you like doesn't 'work'!

I appreciate that everybody has said we could all use different browsers.... but it is inconvenient for me to have up a second browser, and I certainly shan't be switching all my stuff across from Safari to Firefox or similar. I have everything I like, set how I like it... right here on Safari.

Unfortunately I have now noticed that using Lush is resulting in two, further, more serious problems for me:

1) Other websites I have open log out if Lush wonks up on me (ie. facebook etc)
2) My browser often continues to be screwy after I've shut Lush down.... to the point where I have to reset my browser OR, even, restart my whole laptop.

I do genuinely believe that Lush's staff work hard, and I do thank them for that - as do I appreciate that changes have been made outside of Lush that are likely to have caused these issues in the first place. But given the severity of this issue I hope we see it resolved before other, more trivial, changes are made/issues resolved.

My logging in to Lush today has gone like this: profile > forums > this post ....then I shall log out for I do not wish to have to restart anything.
Lurker
0 likes
Typically posting that made it go screwy. At least I suppose now I can have a look around since either my browser or my computer will need a reboot regardless.
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond

Firefox for all my devices. It's simpler for me to use my laptop so that's what I'm doing now, but that means less Lush time. The snappiness of the site is no longer and it is constantly refreshing, odd Comms Error messages, and posting stuff. Odd...

I'm not switching browsers, I like Firefox too much.
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond

Firefox for all my devices. It's simpler for me to use my laptop so that's what I'm doing now, but that means less Lush time. The snappiness of the site is no longer and it is constantly refreshing, odd Comms Error messages, and posting stuff. Odd...

I'm not switching browsers, I like Firefox too much.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lately the search thing for the forums doesnt work, i thought it was like a bug that was getting fix, but its still not working. Not sure if its a mac related issue or just a site issue, just wondering if someone else had the same problem!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by latinfoxy
Lately the search thing for the forums doesnt work, i thought it was like a bug that was getting fix, but its still not working. Not sure if its a mac related issue or just a site issue, just wondering if someone else had the same problem!

You have to search using the child forums, rather than the parent titles. All those with a hyphen in front of them, basically.

The forum software can't handle searching entire sections unfortunately, only individual forums. With over a million posts, you can imagine the data it has to crunch through.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

You have to search using the child forums, rather than the parent titles. All those with a hyphen in front of them, basically.

The forum software can't handle searching entire sections unfortunately, only individual forums. With over a million posts, you can imagine the data it has to crunch through.

The child forums? a hyphen? not sure if im lost in translation or just lost, but no idea what you are talking about.
Matriarch
0 likes
Perhaps a visual clue would help.

Search with the blue line on one of the ticked sub forums...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh lol ok that makes sense thank you!!