Chase is in the hospital

last reply
30 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I recieved an e-mail from Chase. Apparently he is in the hospital in Baghdad (sp?). Apparently he has some kind of hernia in his neck and is in extreme pain. Will let you all know more when I do.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Heard the news as well. Hope he will be ok. He said it was a herniated disk and they were medivacing (SP) to the nearest military hospital.
Lurker
0 likes
i'll keep him in my thoughts.....poor Charlie!
Lush Legend
0 likes
Let him know I hope he recovers soon Pix.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Matriarch
0 likes
Get well soon Chase [-o<
Lurker
0 likes
I received 3 emails from him yesterday, not one mention of his medical condition or going to the hospital.

Dido what all other members have said. We all hope for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

Our thought are with you
Lurker
0 likes
Hurry up and get well, Chase.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Get well, Bro.

We need ya back.

Bat
Fireman
0 likes
Hope you feel better Chase
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Really hope that you are going to be fine. Miss you.
Matriarch
0 likes
Hey there, what's new pussycat?

This will make his hernia worse for laughing too hard.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Life is wonderful all is well in my world. So many new and wonderful experiences to explore. I feel a lightness of being. Jom jones more my Mums era.
Matriarch
0 likes
It's the only song I know with pussycat in it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know who still has it Rod Stewart saw him in concert earlier this year brilliant far better than Mr Jones
Lurker
0 likes
Folks, thanks for the well wishes.

I am in Baghdad's IZ, and while it would be nice to have had a wheelchair available and someone to have made the bed up for me, I managed.

I have not known pain like that for so long...I am better now, and relieved that I am not heading home for surgery.

Strangely enough, the MD here says it is due to advanced carpal tunnel - easy surgery, I guess, that can wait until I am home. I am not 100% confident of his diagnoses as it doesn't explain to me the extreme pain I had from neck, and that made me feel like falling down after 30 seconds of standing at one time.

Anyway, splinted, a bit of drugs, and I should be back in my own camp tomorrow.

Thanks again all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Doesn't sound right to me. Neck and wrist don't seem related.

Neck to wrist - yes, but not the other way around.

I've had some dealings with back problems. Crushed L1 - L4. Yours seems to be higher. More to take care of. So be careful.

Take it easy.

Bat
Lush Legend
0 likes
This is how I learned about Tom Jones....LMAO!!!!

Lurker
0 likes
Poor Carlton
Matriarch
0 likes
Glad to hear you are on the mend Chase.

The old ones are the best (I've always thought Tom Jones is / was terrible):

A man went to the doctor with a strange complaint.

"Well it's like this Doc, when I drive to work in the morning through the country lanes I start to sing 'The green green grass of home'. If I see a cat then it's 'What's new, pussy cat?'. It's so embaracing, even when I'm asleep and dreaming, I still keep singing. Last night, it was 'Delilah', and my wife was not amused!"

"Yes, it would appear that you have the early symptoms of Tom Jones syndrome."

"Well I've never heard of that, is it common?" asked the man.

"It's not unusual," replied the doctor.
Lurker
0 likes
Good one Lush.

So glad you are doing better Chase. Hope you continue to stay on the mend.
Lurker
0 likes
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving airs tonight, speaking of Chase and his ever-present Avatar.

Get well, sir.
Lurker
0 likes
To me, Tom Jones is timeless. I'd say he's bigger now than he ever was, and that proves it. I'm not a fan, but I have to respect him.
Lurker
0 likes
Great joke, thanks.

I will be home for a couple weeks over the holidays. Am trying to convince a family practitioner, based on the diagnoses here by a full M.D., to issue me a referral to a neurologist and/or orthopedist soon so that I can make an appt now to be seen and sched for surgery....over the holidays.

I keep getting no-way at most turns, but will continue to be trying to get the slow-moving bureacracy to move in my favor. And this is before we get rationed, national health care....

And yes, Bat, I wonder if there isn't more at work here than simple carpal tunnel....my neck has been bothering me for months, so while I would hope to clear everything up with simple outpatient fix of my wrists, I would also like to clearly rule out something more tender.
Matriarch
0 likes
That's good to hear Chase.

Lush Legend
0 likes
LOL@Lush

Ahhh Benny Hill.....

Good Times....
Lurker
0 likes
Love Benny Hill.
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Love Benny Hill.

Strange guy though ..he lived alone in a tiny little rented apartment in SW London
Did not even have a car ...
Lurker
0 likes
I heard that he died.