A clever pick routine?

last reply
13 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
This pick up routine was told to me, so I’m telling it second hand. The guys are best friends, Jake and Pete and have practiced it over and over. Most of the initial efforts crashed and burned, so they had to add to it, revise the approach…

Jake and Pete first targeted clubs that had dancing. They would peruse for potential prospects and decide whom they would approach. Usually targeting 2 women so their tag team effort worked..
They looked for a pair of women shopping the club the same as they were doing. Even their timing was planned out. They would approach the two women on the early side of the night. Initially there opening line was, My friend and were wondering what bags you two chose after shopping, paper, plastic, or reusable cloth bags? Usually what happened, is they got blank stares and realized the line was not working. After a few crashes and burns they added to it By saying why don’t we dance and allow tyou time to develop an intelligent answer.

Pete tells of this one dance partner the light dawned as to what he really asked her? Her answer was so philosophical, it really surprised him. She said plastic was synthetic material but could be recycled Paper was fibrous and again can be recycled and cloth was natural and reusable. Now if it were raining out, Plastic would be my choice. Since I’m having such a good time dancing with you I choose cloth

Pete and Jake are better than average looking not tall about 5’10” very athletic but naturally built, Personally they have a real fine asses They also happen to be good dancers, willing to experiment with their partners. They planned the dance floor is not crowded early on and it gave them the space to direct a spinning move or two, to really move around the dance floor.

This time their routine hit a homerun. The two woman and guys all joined at one table and soon the two women went to the power room to exchange notes. They came back with two beers and placed them in front of the guys and told them they wanted to make sure they hung around. They enjoyed their unique approach, which led to a good lever of conversation about the initial question, to being environmentally responsible. The intelligence of small talk was elevated to being or more substance / fiber. Pete Jake finally found two intelligent woman that saw the meaning of their approach

When they told me of the approach and explained many of the underlining and double meanings It was so cleaver. So heady Jake said it weeded out the airheads right at the start. Pete said , one reason we approached early was that if they crashed and burned. Chances are no one else would approach the women again fearing the same fate Smart women would at least get up and dance once just to show they were approachable.

I must admit they had a well thought out approach and used each other to further conversations. What they did was lessen the awkwardness of the moments for an intelligent conversation mixed in with cleaver humor.

As the evening progressed they planted the seeds for their next encounter Ie the reusable cloth bag. All it took was a unique clever opening line, that piqued the woman’s interest and would turn into a relationship

As Pete said ,”we filled their shopping cart right after the first dance”
Lurker
0 likes
Sounds like too much trouble to me. Hi my name is Pete would work much better than some dumb pick up line.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Sounds like too much trouble to me. Hi my name is Pete would work much better than some dumb pick up line.

You like things simple....so do I. The simple approach is just so damned attractive and genuine to me.

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

Seeker
0 likes
Quote by techgoddess
Quote by chefkathleen

You like things simple....so do I. The simple approach is just so damned attractive and genuine to me.

I totally agree there.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Of course there are some simple pick up lines that are neither genuine nor attractive:

Can I borrow 70 cents? (No) Then how about 69. I'm sure you can offer 69.
Brrr! My hands are cold. Can I warm them in your heaving breasts?
If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head?
I'm an astronaut & my next mission is to explore uranus!
I'm Irish, wanna taste my lucky charms?
Remember my name. you'll be screaming it later.
Do you work for UPS? I thought I saw you checking out my package.
Can I use your thighs as earmuffs??
You're on fire. Can I stop drop and roll with you?
If you jingle my bells I can promise you a white Christmas.

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

Mr Nobody
0 likes
I have always used

Hello darlin ..wanna see my magic wand ..

Never worked though .
Lush Legend
0 likes
Harry Potter in the Houseeeee!!!!
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Zafia

I'd check out his magic wand anyday. Yum
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
Quote by Zafia

Um...Harry's or D's?.....LOL!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Zafia
Quote by MerryAnita
Quote by Zafia

hmmm, I have to choose?
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
Quote by Zafia
Quote by MerryAnita
Quote by Zafia

hmmm, I have to choose?

Well no I guess......enjoy them both.......LOL!!!!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Zafia
Quote by MerryAnita
Quote by Zafia
Quote by MerryAnita
Quote by Zafia

hmmm, I have to choose?

Well no I guess......enjoy them both.......LOL!!!!

Two are always better than one
Lurker
0 likes
Initially there opening line was, My friend and were wondering what bags you two chose after shopping, paper, plastic, or reusable cloth bags?

In the Pickup Community, that's known as an "Opener". Another would be, "Did you know Elvis dyed his hair? True story." Another: "I need your opinion on something. Would you date a guy that..." The Opener is applied over a shoulder or when he's just walking past, to make it appear non-threatening and innocent. Women don't like a guy that "hovers"; it spooks them.
Another approach that works well with a 10 (gorgeous woman) is the "neg". A 10 is sick of hearing how beautiful she is; she's probably had 20 guys tell her that in one night. A PUA (pickup artist) will neg her with something like:

"Aren't you going to say Hi? I've been standing over there for 5 minutes and you haven't said anything!"

"Nice dress/hat/ear rings. Where did you get it, Salvation Army?"

To two women:"I'm going to guess you're the nice one and you're the dirty one, right?"

It's all psychological. The man is DHV (Displaying Higher Value). If the man just keeps saying she's gorgeous and smiles and agrees with everything she says, she'll think he's just another guy, another desperate one using old lines, etc. The DHV says,"Look at me. I'm at equal status or even a little higher right now." It makes the 10 stand up and take notice:"Hmm, that one's real different. I like that."
I know this is stuff that's contrary to what you think, but it's very true and amazingly accurate.
Lurker
0 likes
Roco I know, It gets boring, being told how beautiful you are for an opening line.

I want some imagination. Not the common bland line I heard so many times.

One guy at a sports bar asked me the score of the game on the large screen TV's
Being a sports fan I was paying attention and the conversation followed about the team /players /and game

Common ground was struck with his question

At times I think it is a smile or eye contact that is the best part of the pickup,

other times it is the body language the aurora of confidence I notice.

I remember one night standing around with a group of my friends, being approched by an average looking guy. He asked me to dance.
What he did, was to take my hand spin me and then ask. The first thing I noticed was his touch the way he held my hand, then the smile.
He caught me completely off guard. BTW he was a good dancer and turned out to be an equally interesting guy.

I've had the crude lines hey babe want to get lucky?

Really the reason behind the original post, was to have others reveal the best or worst line they heard or for guys they used.

BTW Roco I like you post. I was hoping to see some thoughtfulness and insight.

There are times, I just want to dance have a good time and all it took is a guy brave enough to ask. At times I will do the asking.

I will peruse the dance floor and look for a guy, that has some elegance to his dancing.