Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just take away the guns, do it now Options · View
Monocle
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:25:40 PM

oldhound wrote:
Ever see starship troopers? Campy movie, but the book was good. One aspect I liked, if you didnt serve, you didnt get to vote, you had all other rights, but the fate of the nation was left to those who risked all for it. Anyway, being gay is a cop out in my book. I served with a score of openly gay men and women. Well openly is the wrong word, all knew but we didnt care because they did their job, stood the line. And by ”right” I should have used another word...like you havent earned it. He is a one percenter, and the other 99% need to respect that. I did a paper for a homeland security class, on how I would increase our security. Easy, more guns. Every service member, appropriately trained and checked, always has their carbine, rifle or sidearm (unless were prohibited). Every eligible CITIZEN, once a fee is paid for background check, training and certification, can carry. Brings in revenue annually, and turns the US into a very hard target. Think if the Colorado shooting had occured like that. Hed get one or two rounds offf and then be staring at 30 barrels.

And here's where we part ways. If there had been 30 more barrels in the Aurora theater there would have been many, many more deaths as vigilantes confused each other into who is a valid taret and who isn't. It would have been a war zone. Someone would have been sure there was more than one assailant and opened fire on a fellow vigilante, and things would have only escalated.

The fascist state of Starship Troopers is one of first class citizens and powerless proles, a stratified society guaranteed to create an oppressed underclass. It looked fine in the SciFi gloss of the movie, but is, essentially, an economic slavery state.

Arming "everyone*" (*who qualifies/passes blah blah) I don't buy either. More guns means more guns fired.

And yknow what? A 1%er doesn't deserve automatic respect from anyone by virtue of his wealth or status. Especially when they spout bullshit right left and center.
nicola
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:28:57 PM

Monocle
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:39:13 PM

Buc wrote:
you left out 'waitress'. :) "

I have one rule when it comes to these masters of the dining event. Earn a tip, it is not a forgone conclusion that I will leave one (unless i am at a big top and the gratuity is automatic) I have to work to earn it, you have to work to extract it from my wallet.

Let me tell ya. People like you, with the 400 pound chips on their shoulder, waiters and waitresses give up on within two minutes. They earn less than half of minimum wage, bust their asses the entire day, and then self-important fucks come in, cop attitudes, and shit all over them. They won't waste their time kowtowing. You're not worth the grudging handful of pennies you might give out of the judgmental stone of your heart.
foxjack
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:50:16 PM

More guns, less guns, the end result is the same, our friends and family still get to be around the same number of insane nuts that want to harm them. Removal of the tool does not fix the actual issue, I'd prefer to live in a world where the mentally unstable are spotted before they can shot, stab, and harm others.
Monocle
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:50:35 PM

Sorry, nicola. Any forum that has political threads and a diverse population will have this happen. It wouldn't bother me at all if political forum categories at Lush went away completely. There are lots and lots of other places these conversations and spitting matches can be had.
ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:12:04 PM

nicola wrote:

Sorry Nicola but current opinion polling shows that US women really hate the gun nuttery and this is an issue that could persuade them to turn out in large numbers in the mid terms. Its going to be the main topic in US politics at least until Hilary runs in 2016.

Compared to most of the US politics issues this is tame. Last election we had the Republicans demanding Women seeking an abortion show ID and vaginal ultrasound examinations before voting.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:33:29 PM

Hey, this is the think tank you fuckers..quit apologizing. Nic approved of this in 2010. She's big girl. Nic thought long & hard about this then.

You go - Kai - you're one of my new heros. Fuck a bunch of guns. Fuck a bunch of psychos. People need to look out for each other.

Nic knows this. This is the Think Tank. DamonX where are you?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
foxjack
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:07:31 PM

Now if you look at it from the glass half fulll point of view, they say there is no such thing as bad advertisment, maybe she'll meet some nice people because of this.
oldhound
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 7:49:29 AM

Waitresses: I never knew they got less than minimum till about 2007, a hooters girl told me. Being drunk at the time I put a tip of 10 bucks for each girl working on my tab. Oooh had to explain that one to the ex lol...there was 6 girls working lol
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:34:12 AM

Say you live in the Mountains of CA and there is a rough cop with a death wish and has military training. Would you rather be un armed or armed?
sprite
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:37:53 AM

Buc wrote:
Say you live in the Mountains of CA and there is a rough cop with a death wish and has military training. Would you rather be un armed or armed?

no, you're right. i'm buying a tank and hiring a platoon of mercenaries. Brick wall

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
oldhound
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:38:36 AM

Good point buc. I wonder if the Governor will activate NG units, especially any SOF they might have.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:41:25 AM

Let me tell ya. People like you"

Omg, sorry that is so funny, look at you, "telling" people and expressing it with "people like you" I am attempting to find the tolerant left side in your comments.

Roadkill

Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:43:56 AM

oldhound wrote:
Good point buc. I wonder if the Governor will activate NG units, especially any SOF they might have.

I would move the US 10 th Mountain division snipers and troops there. It is amazing how important the US Federal government becomes in matters like this. Home Land Defense continues to mismanage data and to protect us against terrorist like this guy.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:45:13 AM

Dear Sprite, less the hyperbolic tone of your non-response, attempt to calmly answer the question.

Tango Yankee
sprite
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:52:00 AM

Buc wrote:
Dear Sprite, less the hyperbolic tone of your non-response, attempt to calmly answer the question.

Tango Yankee

ok, a serious answer? hypothetically, i live in the CA mountains and there's a rough cop with a death wish and military training running things. i assume that, all the guns in the world aren't going to go much if he suddenly decided he needs to shoot me down in cold blood - i mean, he's crazy, he has military training, he's got a death wish. i'm pretty much screwed, right? now, is he an honest cop? cause being a law abiding citizen, i don't think i need to worry about him going after me - or is he a killer that some how has been left in charge and no one checks up on his killing sprees (in which case, he's probably already ambused and shot me dead without me even knowing about it). btw, i assume no one in town has a telephone or email to actually COMPLAIN to the proper authorities IE his bosses or the FBI or whatever about the dangerous powder keg that is running around with a license to kill, right? i mean, dude, seriously, Rambo is a fictional character, you KNOW this, right?

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
oldhound
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:56:48 AM

10th Mountain is an active duty division and would take the president and Congress to use on US soil. NG has troops at stare level for use. The Constitution limits military use, rightly so, but I think gun sales will hit a high note, no more training, but sales wil increase.
oldhound
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 10:00:58 AM

Sprite, the majority of the cops hunting him have similar training, but you should have that final line of defense. I recommend a 12 gauge pump action. Alternate double ought buck and slug rounds, get one with a long tube, lots of rounds.
sprite
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 12:07:56 PM

oldhound wrote:
Sprite, the majority of the cops hunting him have similar training, but you should have that final line of defense. I recommend a 12 gauge pump action. Alternate double ought buck and slug rounds, get one with a long tube, lots of rounds.

how about i just never move to the CA mountains. problem solved without a single gun bought or fired. :)

oldhound
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 12:15:56 PM

Misunderstood, thought you said you were there, sorry
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:19:47 PM

Sprite, triggers he flight response and that is ok, but, most if not all that live there are being terrorized by this one man and the US Federal, State and Local governments have been unable to find him, One lone wolf.

Do you sanction the use of predator drones by this US President upon Citizens of these United States?
Monocle
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:46:13 PM

Buc wrote:
Let me tell ya. People like you"

Omg, sorry that is so funny, look at you, "telling" people and expressing it with "people like you" I am attempting to find the tolerant left side in your comments.

Roadkill

Nothing to do with left or right. People with your personal sense of entitlement and condescension are reprehensible no matter what part of the political spectrum you stand on.
sprite
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:07:14 PM

Buc wrote:
Sprite, triggers he flight response and that is ok, but, most if not all that live there are being terrorized by this one man and the US Federal, State and Local governments have been unable to find him, One lone wolf.

Do you sanction the use of predator drones by this US President upon Citizens of these United States?
\

so, you just wandered out into Mad Max territory now... honestly, i think you need to step back and think about this stuff - should i assume you're talking about a real case, or is this all hypothetical? and of course i don't sanction the use of drones against common criminals on US soil. that whole justice thing is kind of important to me - trial by jury and all that, ya know? seriously, you're smoking some crazy ass shit out their on your ranch, i am guessing. :)

Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:08:16 PM

personal sense of entitlement"

Yep, I am entitled to all the benefits of my labor and the personal property I have amassed also the entitlement of freedom from Gov't . As was the intent of the founding Fathers.

Monocle
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:19:21 PM

Buc wrote:
personal sense of entitlement"
Yep, I am entitled to all the benefits of my labor and the personal property I have amassed also the entitlement of freedom from Gov't . As was the intent of the founding Fathers.

As long as you have yours (in an infrastructure and system made possible and maintained by the work of others), fuck everyone else. You're perfectly happy to withhold from others the fruits of _their_ labor.
oldhound
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:22:08 PM

Since drones in their current configuration , are a military weapon, cant use them on us soil, and the.citizens I have heard.theyve been used on had done all but say ” Im an enemy of the USA, NO LONGER A CITIZEN”, using that us status as protection. If they are engaged.in aiding a foreign power agai.st the us, whats the difference between a drone and a Soldier on the ground that gets them in their sites.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:12:06 PM

sprite wrote:

how about i just never move to the CA mountains. problem solved without a single gun bought or fired. :)

So..... No tank? Damn. I was gonna apply to be your gunner. I already had an absolutely smashing day-glo camo pattern all picked out for the seat covers. And NO California vehicle would be complete without the dingle-balls hanging from the visors...

cussing

sprite
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:13:07 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

So..... No tank? Damn. I was gonna apply to be your gunner. I already had an absolutely smashing day-glo camo pattern all picked out for the seat covers. And NO California vehicle would be complete without the dingle-balls hanging from the visors...

cussing

yeah, i guess we could hang your dingle balls up - you're not really using them anymore, right? evil4

MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:40:04 PM

sprite wrote:

yeah, i guess we could hang your dingle balls up - you're not really using them anymore, right? evil4

"Nuh uh. Not THIS boys pintu. Not today."

blueonblack
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:44:20 PM

I agree with Nicola. We all have our opinions. We can all rant and rave but none of us will be swayed. Can't we just give it a rest and move on to something else?