Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just take away the guns, do it now Options · View
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:15:46 PM

Buc wrote:
I think that was your way of saying thank you to the US Troops and for those that have set more people free then any other Army in the history of the planet.

Do I have to be pedantic - they did not free my Dad's country so what is there to be thankful for? Or is there some subtle nuance escaping me?
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:17:54 PM

I am going to ask you this, do you believe that your country would enjoy the level of freedom it does now IF not for the USA?
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:28:22 PM

Are you talking about my Dad's country which as far as the US is concerned had no freedom until quite recently and the US had nothing to do with its freedom- in fact the reverse - when FDR signed away most of Europe along with Winston Churchill and Stalin? Personally I don't really believe in countries and think nationalism and greed is at the bottom of most conflicts. Wave your flag elsewhere.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:48:21 PM

Greed, do you attempt to earn more from you labors?
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:00:14 PM

Buc wrote:
I am going to ask you this, do you believe that your country would enjoy the level of freedom it does now IF not for the USA?

i think a lot of countries could say that, yes. We are not soley responsible for every single country in the entire world, you know. i mean, seriously.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:01:46 PM

Strange question. Firstly avoiding the issue after having posed the question and secondly starting another deviation. Let's recap and return to the original debate - some person went on about god given rights to have guns which I thought hypocritical - this led to others' patriotic sloganeering. I have not championed any particular country or cause mainly arguing about the contradiction of personally owned firearms. To me this issue is a sort of joke like those James Cagney movies with machine guns etc so over the top they were amusing - so unreal. However that doesn't seem to be the case with you guys; you find this not only serious but normal (that in itself would be quite funny if the consequences weren't so serious). However don't think I am avoiding your greed question I just feel it's irrelevant.
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:21:00 PM

sprite wrote:

i think a lot of countries could say that, yes. We are not soley responsible for every single country in the entire world, you know. i mean, seriously.

Oh I'm so pleased you acknowledge that and grateful too. Seriously. In fact I'm sure a lot of countries would be grateful if they weren't saved anymore.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:45:43 PM

Buc wrote:
a bunch of retarded things

This is the most attention you have gotten in a while huh? You remind me of this little brown fella here when you talk about war. He's a chicken hawk.

Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:10:29 PM

He's just a coward who starts new, even less coherent arguments to avoid dealing with the fact his previous bullshit was called out.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:43:21 PM

Ok lets remove the god given part. it is still a right given to me by the bill of rights. #2 in case any of you couldnt remember or failed history class.
Manofmind69
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:46:33 PM

Think this through would you rather have the public prepared for a shooter or unarmed and get mowed down when the next psycho starts shooting up a public place? I know if somebody at the same place as me tried shooting any innocent civilians near me that individual could possibly pinch out one shot before a .45 acp round would tear through him! Always be prepared people and attend gun safety training before you start carrying!
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:02:32 PM

mmurray420 wrote:
Ok lets remove the god given part. it is still a right given to me by the bill of rights. #2 in case any of you couldnt remember or failed history class.

A right that is not absolute or unregulated, as the Supreme Court has affirmed.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:52:27 PM

sprite wrote:

i think the issue was with 'the right to own guns is a god given right'. pretty sure that God, if you asked him, wouldn't say 'yes! the most important thing to me is that my people own guns!' come one, you gotta admit that that's pretty ridiculous, right? :)

I'm pretty sure that if God didn't want us to own firearms, He'd have a way to make sure we didn't have them. evil4
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:53:27 PM

LadyX wrote:
When you kill a 42-year-old intruder, aren't you just aborting them in the 171st trimester?

If I kill an intruder, you can be pretty damn sure he (or she) deserved it. bootyshake
scooter
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:55:02 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

This is the most attention you have gotten in a while huh? You remind me of this little brown fella here when you talk about war. He's a chicken hawk.

What,, I say; what'd you say boy d'oh!

Your a funny fukin dude Felix, for real.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:15:20 PM

o well if al else fails theres always austria
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:23:28 PM

mmurray420 wrote:
o well if al else fails theres always austria

Sure, and you can visit the birth place of Adolf Hitler.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:25:58 PM

I love this country, but this is one of many hoorible things nobama and his so called administration have done. among giving f16s to a country lead by radical muslims. way to go there buddy . id much rather leave, and if yall wanna stay here and watch it burn be my guest. id take a few steps back or you mite roast. while the one who actualy is responsible is safe and cozy in his bunker.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:27:01 PM

didnt know hitler was born ther i dont much care for tyranical rulers that disarm the public .
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:27:33 PM

*there
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:33:02 PM

mmurray420 wrote:
I love this country, but this is one of many hoorible things nobama and his so called administration have done. among giving f16s to a country lead by radical muslims. way to go there buddy . id much rather leave, and if yall wanna stay here and watch it burn be my guest. id take a few steps back or you mite roast. while the one who actualy is responsible is safe and cozy in his bunker.

Seems many forget history when it suits them.

cough!
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:33:46 PM

You can edit your posts, mmurray, instead of making one word correction posts. And gods, I wish you would. I also wish you well in whatever country you decide to leave the US for. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:38:14 PM

dont worry about what im going to do. worry about yourself and your family when the idiot the majority supposibly reelected ruins everything your father and his before him and so on worked for.i wont let the door hit me on the way out, I just hope you dont perish in the ashes.
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:52:24 PM

Your concern is touching. Whacked, but touching.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:52:26 PM

mmurray420 wrote:
dont worry about what im going to do. worry about yourself and your family when the idiot the majority supposibly reelected ruins everything your father and his before him and so on worked for.i wont let the door hit me on the way out, I just hope you dont perish in the ashes.

Why do you have such a hard time spelling? Good luck in a new country... I mean you can barely communicate in your own language. What makes you think you will do alright in a new country? Why is it that you guys ALL have a hard time spelling, comprehending, communicating and using the forum buttons like the edit and quote buttons... What is so hard about that? It's really rather fascinating to me.

And when is this ruining of america going to happen? In the next four years? And why exactly is this going to happen? Because of Obama? It didn't happen with Bush, texas ranger, and he was the worst president we have had in my lifetime. What the hell are you on about?

blueonblack
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:07:02 PM

Yeah. We should just turn them in. Let them take em' away. Drink the kool-aid and get on the train. Sorry but I'm not going to. I believe in survival for my family and myself. I want every means to assure that for myself and people I love. I won't be the aggressor, but I will be the defender.
Some people think that our government won't do any harm to us. I don't necessarily buy that. Look at the Native American Indian. They stole their land and displaced them to regions that would barely support human life with the skills that they had. Those that resisted were slaughtered. Many that were willing to move died due to the conditions. Yes some are still here. Most of which are not the proud and self reliant people that their ancestors were.
What about the thugs? Do you really think they buy their guns on the internet, in gun shops, or at gun shows? No. They steal them. They not only steal them from law abiding gun owners, they steal them from each other. There is no code of conduct with criminals. They steal from law enforcement, buy them off the street, bring them across the southern border, have them sent via the US mail from countries all over the world. The don't care. They don't worry about background checks, they don't worry about magazine capacities, they don't worry about registration, or any of these measures. They don't and won't participate in any of these. These people want strict gun control. It will make their job much easier and safer. After an easy night's work they can go home to their crack head wife with some stolen loot and be able to feed their kids that are learning to be the next generation of criminals.
Next thought might be the Mexican drug gangs. Just across the border there seems to be a lot killing going on. How can this be? It is illegal to own guns in Mexico. If citizens in our country no longer have guns it will still be OK right? When these people cross the border to do business they check their guns at the gate, right? Oh, they cut the fence and don't use a normal border crossing. That might not be good. If they know there is very little resistance on our side of the fence, how long do you suppose it will take for them to cross the border and force people to traffic their drugs and whatever else they have going on? These people are ruthless. Without civilian gun ownership this will move North and do so quickly. Laugh all you want but the day may come when you show up fifteen minutes late for a relative's birthday party with twenty guests and get to spend the next two days helping the police figure out which head goes with which body. Someone called 911 and the cops got there five minutes before you. Maybe if Uncle Fred and Cousins Joe and Bob still had their guns things would be different?
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:15:55 PM

blueonblack wrote:
Yeah. We should just turn them in. Let them take em' away.

Why? There's not a single proposal in Congress to ban all guns, and there won't be.
blueonblack
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:20:20 PM

Monocle,
Read it. I'm not in favor of ANY ban or any other legislation. Christ we already have 20,000+ gun laws on the books and they aren't enforcing most of them.
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:23:41 PM

blueonblack wrote:
Monocle,
Read it. I'm not in favor of ANY ban or any other legislation. Christ we already have 20,000+ gun laws on the books and they aren't enforcing most of them.

The 15 pages of this thread and other entire threads have gone over that to death. As long as you understand that with that opinion you're in the small minority not just of the US, but of gun owners in the US, and even NRA members.
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:37:25 PM

If I delete all the gun law discussion threads, will that help prevent gun nuts from finding these forums via the search engines?

I'm guessing so...