Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just take away the guns, do it now Options · View
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:30:42 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,141
Location: United States
Monocle wrote:


I haven't changed a thing. There are not laws currently in the offing to ban all guns nationally, there have not been in the past, and there won't be. That hasn't changed. You haven't brought anything to the table to counter the facts that there have been and are no attempts to do so. You've brought nothing that even comes close to suggesting there's any possibility such will happen in the future.

I never said you claimed otherwise about the past or present. You have managed to dodge, however, the vast difference between "people of note" who might advocate some kind of ban, and the actual possibility of a ban ever being realized. You very definitely connote that the former implies the latter. If that was not intended, say so.

Talk about moving goalposts. You've moved from 'people in congress' (where you could only summon three opinions, no legislation, and nothing from the last decade), to "people of note", to "enough people". More nebulous each time.

I'll happily admit I'm wrong, if I were. But I'm not. As I said, you can admit it in 20-30 years. I'll wait. There will be no laws banning all guns in this country. Your concern is paranoia at its purest.



I've ALWAYS said that there are enough people of note who have come out on record as having the desire to ban private ownership of firearms that firearm owners are rightfully skeptical of anyone who comes along, like you have too many times to count, and claims that "nobody wants to ban guns". There fucking well ARE such people in the country, and I've shown you proof of that. As far as I know, you're one of them. Your only response is to cry and whine and say "Well, yeah, but your proof doesn't count because it's too old, the people are old, the people are stupid, they don't count, whatever, blah, blah, blah." Which has got to be the most idiotic way of refuting a plain statement of fact that I've ever seen.

Roe v. Wade has pretty much established itself to be the law of the land. That's a statement of fact. The chances of it ever being overturned are so small as to probably be undefinable. There are still plenty of anti-abortion activists in the nation. Enough of them, in fact, that pro-choice activists have to be always on guard against legal challenges that would restrict a woman's right to choose.

The issue of gun rights is exactly the same. In the Heller decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the right to own a firearm is an individual right that may not be infringed. Yet there are still enough anti-gun whackos in the country that pro-gun activists have to constantly be on guard against legal challenges and infringements.

I've never said that I expect such legislation, and you'll never find a post where I did. I've never claimed to be wary of zombies, vampires, or whatever other hallucinations you, Magic Jack, and the rest of you whack jobs accuse me of, and you'll never find a post where I did. What I HAVE said, is that I'm skeptical of people like you who claim that "nobody wants to take your guns". Especially since I've proved that such people DO exist. You can claim that they don't exist as many times as you wish - it just makes you look like you're either in denial, or a fool. Only a fool or someone not living in reality denies a hard fact after being slapped in the face with it. Of course, as many times as you and your ilk have posted things that aren't true about me, you may very well be. You're definitely liars when it comes to all the bullshit that has been spewed about me on here.

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:33:31 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w1OnsBN78Y

Nancy Polosi does even know where in the US Constitution Gun Rights reside.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:13:22 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,913
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:



I've ALWAYS said


Remember when you said you could fight a forrest fire with your personal fire truck? laughing8



WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:56:30 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,301
Location: Cakeland, United States
WellMadeMale wrote:
Live by the sword... It's another sad commentary and not meant to belittle what happened.

But... These two guys weren't dispatched using forks, butter knives or a bag of bowling balls. They were actually said to be trying to help a fellow veteran.


MrNudiePants wrote:
They "were said to be"?

No, they actually were trying to help a fellow combat veteran who was suffering from PTSD.


Obviously I am not the only person who saw the pathetic irony of this situation. Wayne LaPierre's inane comments were the base fuel
for this editorial statement, the unfortunate (and every gun slaying is unfortunate) murders of the two individuals, including a highly
visible and recognized sharp shooter...was only the blatant incident used to throw LaPierre's words back in to his smug fucking face.

I'd like to spend 5 minutes with Glenn Beck to find out why he deliberately goes out of his way to rail against freedom of speech in the country, at every chance.




Here’s what resulted: 2,000-plus emails and hundreds of calls.
Many argued the cartoon was disrespectful, most in less-than-respectful terms.
Hundreds followed Beck in misinterpreting the point of the piece.
The majority were obscene, hateful, crude and sexist, laced with unprintable obscenities.
They included slurs, threats of lynching and of surprise attacks, wishes for
slow painful deaths by cancer, and not-so-veiled threats to family members.


Full statement from the editor of the Kansas City Star, backing her editorial cartoonist.



If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:00:59 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
Salazar attempted to make the point that women on campus risk shooting the wrong person if they're armed and fear being raped:

It's why we have call boxes, it's why we have safe zones, it's why we have the whistles. Because you just don't know who you're gonna be shooting at. And you don't know if you feel like you're gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone's been following you around or if you feel like you're in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop...pop around at somebody.
Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:47:50 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 301
MrNudiePants wrote:

I've ALWAYS said that there are enough people of note who have come out on record as having the desire to ban private ownership of firearms that firearm owners are rightfully skeptical of anyone who comes along, like you have too many times to count, and claims that "nobody wants to ban guns". There fucking well ARE such people in the country, and I've shown you proof of that. As far as I know, you're one of them. Your only response is to cry and whine and say "Well, yeah, but your proof doesn't count because it's too old, the people are old, the people are stupid, they don't count, whatever, blah, blah, blah." Which has got to be the most idiotic way of refuting a plain statement of fact that I've ever seen.


Pure crap for several reasons. I have never said "nobody wants to ban guns". I have said, repeatedly, that no one with legislative power has proposed universal bans on guns (which is correct), nor will they (which I have defended, though not to your satisfaction). I've neer denied that "such people exist" in the country. People with all kinds of extreme beliefs exist in this country. The "ban all gun" folks have no political power. "As far as you know, I'm one of them?" When I've explicitly stated more than once I'm not, that means you don't pay attention, or don't remember what's not convenient to you. If you interpret my responses to you your concern trolling "evidence" of gun grabbers in congress a "crying and whining", you only further reveal the shallowness and shakiness of your own argument. Your "plain statement of fact" was, again, laughable. Of course there are people who want to ban guns. They are not in power, nor will they be. I am not one of them. The evidence you gave for "people of note" was neither timely nor indicative of any kind of real threat to gun ownership in this country. Laughable.

Quote:
Roe v. Wade has pretty much established itself to be the law of the land. That's a statement of fact. The chances of it ever being overturned are so small as to probably be undefinable. There are still plenty of anti-abortion activists in the nation. Enough of them, in fact, that pro-choice activists have to be always on guard against legal challenges that would restrict a woman's right to choose.

I wish I had your confidence in Roe v. Wade. It is absolutely not as safe as you claim, and it will never be as safe as a constitutional amendment, much less one in the Bill of Rights.

Quote:
I've never said that I expect such legislation, and you'll never find a post where I did.

Then I have no idea what you're afraid of. You concern troll about "people of note" wanting to ban guns, but you don't fear they actually will. So what's your point?

Quote:
cinations you, Magic Jack, and the rest of you whack jobs accuse me of, and you'll never find a post where I did. What I HAVE said, is that I'm skeptical of people like you who claim that "nobody wants to take your guns".

Ah, so you prefer to make up things that you claim people have said and then argue against them. I get it. Makes sense.

Quote:
Especially since I've proved that such people DO exist. You can claim that they don't exist as many times as you wish - it just makes you look like you're either in denial, or a fool.

Made up argument #2. I never claimed such people didn't exist.

I can understand why it's so easy for you to detect when people are lying about you - you're skilled at lying about other people.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:11:14 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
FBI Classification of Personal weapons account for more Murders in 2009 then both Rifles and Shot guns did.

Personal Weapons used in Murder = 815

Maybe we should out law feet and hands.

Rifles (aka assault weapons) = 352
Shotgun ( Jill Biden's fav) = 424
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:19:23 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,656
Location: My Tower, United States
Buc wrote:
FBI Classification of Personal weapons account for more Murders in 2009 then both Rifles and Shot guns did.

Personal Weapons used in Murder = 815

Maybe we should out law feet and hands.

Rifles (aka assault weapons) = 352
Shotgun ( Jill Biden's fav) = 424


going for the mature approach, i see. :)


http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:40:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
FBI Data

More babies are murdered by their Baby Sitter

then were murdered at Sandy Hook school.

Sprite, care to talk on the issue of the FBI Data, because after all Obama has a bill pending in the US Senate that will do nothing to stop murders, none.
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:44:07 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,400
Location: United States
Buc wrote:
FBI Classification of Personal weapons account for more Murders in 2009 then both Rifles and Shot guns did.

Personal Weapons used in Murder = 815

Maybe we should out law feet and hands.

Rifles (aka assault weapons) = 352
Shotgun ( Jill Biden's fav) = 424


In 2009 there were 13,636 murders in the United States. Of these, 9,146 were murders committed with guns. 4490 murders were committed with other weapons. No single classification of weapon comes anywhere near the number of gun murders in this country. Guns can be easily used to murder large numbers of people. Do you think Adam Lanza would have been able to kill all those children using his hands and feet?
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:46:06 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,400
Location: United States
Buc wrote:
FBI Data

More babies are murdered by their Baby Sitter

then were murdered at Sandy Hook school.

Sprite, care to talk on the issue of the FBI Data, because after all Obama has a bill pending in the US Senate that will do nothing to stop murders, none.


Which individual baby sitter murdered more children than Adam Lanza? Adam Lanza managed to kill all those children and teachers because he had an assault weapon.

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:54:23 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
ok , I get it you want all guns band. Your team won the election so put it on the table and vote for it in the US Senate and get this big win out of the way. And then in 3.6. or a year when another mass killing happens , then what?

When does the assault on the US Constitution End?
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:54:54 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
Adam Lanza?"

Who this this guy ?
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:09:09 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Buc wrote:
Adam Lanza?"

Who this this guy ?


Here you go, Buc: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_lanza#Perpetrator
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:11:08 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Buc wrote:


When does the assault on the US Constitution End?


It doesn't. Not until it's eradicated, Comrade.

Dirty_D
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:41:02 PM

Rank: Head Nurse

Joined: 4/15/2011
Posts: 7,227
Location: Soaking up the sun, United States
I've stayed away from this thread because I didn't want to really get involved. But, I decided I wanted to add a few words after all.

While I do not personally have guns anymore, my family(ex, parents, brothers, sister) all have many. Why? it's not because of worry about a home invasion or zombie threat. They are farmers. The reality is they have all(and I have also) used their guns to protect. Wild dogs will occasionally run stock. I protect those that are mine; it is part of the agreement between those animals and ourselves. We feed and shelter them, including from predators, and then they help feed us. I have also had to utilize a gun at times when there has been a problem(calving, medical, accident) that placed the animal in pain and was beyond the acceptable ability of our family to cure(related to age, infirmary, or cost). I would rather put the animal down myself and know that it was done promptly and efficiently without additional stress to the animal.

If our guns were taken away, would affect our(or rather their, as I no longer live there) lives? Not nearly as much as it would affect those we protect.


Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:10:41 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
Guns don't kill people , bad people with them do. The same goes for knives, baseball bats, scissors. And yes cars. If you put a very drunk person behind the wheel of a car, chances are someone will get killed. As with everything else in the world, if used properly and by the right people there would be fewer killings.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:30:05 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,656
Location: My Tower, United States
Buc wrote:
FBI Data

More babies are murdered by their Baby Sitter

then were murdered at Sandy Hook school.

Sprite, care to talk on the issue of the FBI Data, because after all Obama has a bill pending in the US Senate that will do nothing to stop murders, none.



by your logic, we should outlaw baby sitters than!! :D

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:51:34 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,301
Location: Cakeland, United States
Hell, Skynryd was preaching this in 1975 ... and it's more than just a catchy song. Handguns are only made for killing.



Two feets they come a creepin'
Like a black cat do
And two bodies are layin' naked
Creeper think he got nothin' to lose
So he creeps into this house, yeah
And unlocks the door
And as a man's reaching for his trousers
Shoots him full of .38 holes

Mr. Saturday night special
Got a barrel that's blue and cold
Ain't good for nothin'
But put a man six feet in a hole


Big Jim's been drinkin' whiskey
And playin' poker on a losin' night
And pretty soon ol' Jim starts thinkin'
Somebody been cheatin' and lyin'
So Big Jim commence to fightin'
I wouldn't tell you no lie
Big Jim done pulled his pistol
Shot his friend right between the eyes

Mr. Saturday Night Special
Got a barrel that's blue and cold
Ain't good for nothin'
But put a man six feet in a hole


Oh, it's the Saturday Night Special
For twenty dollars you can buy yourself one too...

Well hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else

And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don't dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me

Mr. Saturday Night Special
Got a barrel that's blue and cold
Ain't good for nothin'
But put a man six feet in a hole


Ooooh it's a Saturday night special
And I'd like to tell you what you can do with it too...

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:18:23 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,913
Location: California
sottomesso wrote:
Guns don't kill people , bad people with them do. The same goes for knives, baseball bats, scissors. And yes cars. If you put a very drunk person behind the wheel of a car, chances are someone will get killed. As with everything else in the world, if used properly and by the right people there would be fewer killings.


And if used properly by bad people there will be more killings. A bad person with an assault rifle will kill more people than a bad person with just a bat or knife. That's common sense.



sprite
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:19:53 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,656
Location: My Tower, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


And if used properly by bad people there will be more killings. A bad person with an assault rifle will kill more people than a bad person with just a bat or knife. That's common sense.


dude, not everyone has that, you know.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:29:02 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,913
Location: California
Buc wrote:
FBI Classification of Personal weapons account for more Murders in 2009 then both Rifles and Shot guns did.

Personal Weapons used in Murder = 815

Maybe we should out law feet and hands.

Rifles (aka assault weapons) = 352
Shotgun ( Jill Biden's fav) = 424


This is the stupidest argument of them all. Of course there will be more personal weapon murders because there are MORE personal weapons. EVERYONE has a pair of hands. EVERYONE has access to a knife. EVERYONE can find a blunt instrument.

Gee whiz, what do you think would happen if EVERYONE had a gun? If guns were as common as a pair of hands... Personal weapons murders would go down and gun murders would go up. The notion that more guns equal less murders is so so so stupid. Your FBI statistics only proves how people are murderous so why give them easier ways to kill?

What a clown you are. Maybe even bigger than Nudiepants and that's hard.



Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:19:24 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
This is the stupidest argument of them all."

Of course there will be more personal weapon murders because there are MORE personal weapons. EVERYONE has a pair of hands.

These are not classified by the FBI as Personal Weapons, these two have their own classification. You are welcome.
EVERYONE has access to a knife.

FBI classification "Knives or cutting instruments" = 1,836 more murders

EVERYONE can find a blunt instrument."

FBI classification "blunt objects" = 623 more murders


It is my pleasure to point out real data.

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:23:14 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
by your logic, we should outlaw baby sitters than!! :D " Sprite

well maybe just watresses :-) (t)
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:27:20 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
naughtynurse wrote:
I've stayed away from this thread because I didn't want to really get involved. But, I decided I wanted to add a few words after all.

While I do not personally have guns anymore, my family(ex, parents, brothers, sister) all have many. Why? it's not because of worry about a home invasion or zombie threat. They are farmers. The reality is they have all(and I have also) used their guns to protect. Wild dogs will occasionally run stock. I protect those that are mine; it is part of the agreement between those animals and ourselves. We feed and shelter them, including from predators, and then they help feed us. I have also had to utilize a gun at times when there has been a problem(calving, medical, accident) that placed the animal in pain and was beyond the acceptable ability of our family to cure(related to age, infirmary, or cost). I would rather put the animal down myself and know that it was done promptly and efficiently without additional stress to the animal.

If our guns were taken away, would affect our(or rather their, as I no longer live there) lives? Not nearly as much as it would affect those we protect.



Exactly, I own and run a ranch, it is better to quickly dispatch a "downer" with a weapon.
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:44:50 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,913
Location: California
Buc wrote:


It is my pleasure to point out real data.



It's your inability to interpret your data that I find amusing. I feel like I'm trying to explain algebra to a kindergartner though so I'll let you have fun with your data.


laughing8



ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:16:06 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 754
Location: Massachusetts, United States
Buc wrote:
Exactly, I own and run a ranch, it is better to quickly dispatch a "downer" with a weapon.


You hunt cows with an AK-47?

Thats hardly sporting.

Fact is that there will always be a shortage of game to hunt relative to hunters and so restricting hunters to traditional sporting rifles that are poorly suited to the needs of muggers (long barrel) or serial killers (small number of shots) is hardly an imposition.

Similarly, a fire arm designed for euthanizing a farm animal does not need more than one shot and certainly does not need to be in the least bit practical as a weapon.

I have a 'gun' that shoots nails into concrete that would be perfectly suited to that purpose but no more dangerous than a knife for purposes of an assault.

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:16:30 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
You hunt cows with an AK-47?

Nope
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:14:44 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
Magical_felix wrote:


And if used properly by bad people there will be more killings. A bad person with an assault rifle will kill more people than a bad person with just a bat or knife. That's common sense.
Common sense should dictate that even if only one person is murdered, that's one person too many because a life is a life. Murder is murder, does it really matter what the excuse or the method of committing it is? John Wayne Gacy murdered more people than any of these shooters have and he didn't use a gun. The authorities are still working on his body count btw.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:15:50 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
Magical_felix wrote:


And if used properly by bad people there will be more killings. A bad person with an assault rifle will kill more people than a bad person with just a bat or knife. That's common sense.
Common sense should dictate that even if only one person is murdered, that's one person too many because a life is a life. Murder is murder, does it really matter what the excuse or the method of committing it is? John Wayne Gacy murdered more people than any of these shooters have and he didn't use a gun. The authorities are still working on the body count btw.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.