Do you believe in Ghosts

last reply
55 replies
5.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you actually believe that there could be other spirits out there?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ghost as is portrayed by us, well NO

As some kind of energy forms, YES
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Princess Blondie
0 likes
I do believe in ghosts.
†Jinxy Approved†

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To me the idea of ghost indicates an after life etc and that brings up the god question with all it's ambiguities so as I have no belief in a deity it follows the same applies to all other fairy tales.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i do smile
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Yuppers. And just like people... some are good and some are bad.
Lurker
0 likes
I do, the idea excites me in a non sexual way. I enjoy a good scare.
Lurker
0 likes
With out a doubt ghosts exist. Handed lived in a house where my great aunts ghost walked the hallway every night at 2am. Have also seen a poltergist in action, spirits are all around us it just depenfs if we are willing to tune in to them.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Mudpies
With out a doubt ghosts exist. Handed lived in a house where my great aunts ghost walked the hallway every night at 2am. Have also seen a poltergist in action, spirits are all around us it just depenfs if we are willing to tune in to them.

I quite agree with Mudpies..i believe that seeing ghosts would come from our willingness to tune into them.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I do.

If you take the concept that energy cannot be created or destroyed, then it can only be changed or transfered and this fits right in line with some kind of post-death transformation.

For non-believers, I don't think God or religion necessarily have to play into this theory. It's quite possible to have this kind of energy existing on a different frequency without some kind of 'governing body' overseeing things. If we (as humans) exist without a physical universal 'figurehead', then it's reasonable to assume the same in an afterlife.

I don't have the answers to the big questions - but I do think there is a lot of evidence supporting that 'something' happens to us when our physical bodies die. I just don't think it's at all what the 'cultural mainstream' or organized religions thinks happens.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I once thought ghost were real. Forces that stand alone and haunt at their own pleasure. Kinda like Casper or the t.v. show Supernatural. Now I see them as extentions of our subconscious. Formed through our instinct and animated by our imagination.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes.. ghosts are real.. I have recorded EVP's as well as shot photos of orbs and mist..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I talk to dead people for a living - so I guess I'm going to have to say I believe in them!
Lurker
0 likes
no, but i love a good ghost story
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i have seen what i believe to be ghosts twice, and my wife has once as well, so yeah, i do. of course, i am prone to halciunations, so take that for what it is worth smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
I've gone to haunted houses in several states hoping to have a ghostly encounter but they never show up. Seriously!
There might be ghosts. I just haven't seen them, yet.

I believe in demons. There was one in Connecticut recently.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Absolutely. I had an experience once where saw something I first thought was just a dream. Turns out, my "dream" interacted with someone in another room just after I watched it walk out of the room I was in. Both of us thought we were just imagining things until we happened to compare notes. I still get goosebumps.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I do.

I don't have the answers to the big questions - but I do think there is a lot of evidence supporting that 'something' happens to us when our physical bodies die.

I just don't think it's at all what the 'cultural mainstream' or organized religions thinks happens.

Hey...you're starting to come around.

Fuck a bunch of organized control, err... religions. Something does happen after we physically die (and it happens when we are alive, too).

=d>
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most definitely believe in Ghosts. I have had many experiences with ghosts in 2 of the houses I lived in and at some friends houses.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
YES SEEN THEM , THEY ARE ALL AROUND US . I WAS ATTACK BY THEM AND HAD THREE CUT AND MY CLOTHES RIPS
Lurker
0 likes
the xfiles mantra "I want to believe"

But not really no.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Hey...you're starting to come around.

Don't get too excited. I still don't believe in the Starchild.
Lurker
0 likes
yes i believe in ghost i have seen a few ghost before and lived in a haunted house
Lurker
0 likes
yes i believe in ghost i have seen a few ghost before and lived in a haunted house
0 likes
As on a lot of things, I'm agnostic. I have no real reason to believe in ghosts but I can't rule totally rule out the possibility. They make no sense in terms of current science but a lot of the things we're finding out now wouldn't have made sense to people even a century ago so who knows? For now, though, I'd say that it's a matter of belief and possibly subjective personal experience and I don't really have either at this point.
Lurker
0 likes
No I do not think that there are spirits capable of freely roaming our world. While I have not dismissed the notion of an afterlife I have dismissed the notion of ghosts on planet earth.
Lurker
0 likes
I've witnessed ghostly apparitions as a child and in my adult life. I lived in a haunted house in Denver and seen my mother pushed down a flight of stairs. She had two broken legs out of the ordeal. While living there I saw faucets come on by themselves, in the sink and in the bathtub. Sounds of a woman crying would echo throughout the
house after midnight. I was scared to death and was glad when we finally moved out. I've seen apparitions of my grandmother and grandfather during different points in my life. There are things in life we cannot explain. I know firsthand that angels and demons dwell among us during our every day lives whether we choose to accept it or not.
Lurker
0 likes
Yep i've seen some strange stuff that made me feel a bit uneasy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not really. I like stories about ghosts, but like the mythic unicorn, I don't believe they really exist.

Aliens are a totally different story.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
Lurker
0 likes
I believe in ghosts....