Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can we dispense with the labels "MILF" and "Cougar"? Options · View
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:27:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,329
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Magical_felix wrote:


laughing8

How about SWAWCWDTMADTMDTWUGUCMTMOHDWTOTBAAHTKGDWSCSOCDWHAOASLPGTILFH

She was a wild child who drank too much and did too many drugs then woke up, got under control, married the man of her dreams who turned out to be an asshole, had 3 kids, got divorced, went sex crazy, sort of calmed down, works her ass off and still looks pretty good that Id like to Fuck Hard.



So Sorry. I assumed that was a given!!
Mazza
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 6:53:45 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 2,854
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Wildcat wrote:
I don't find the term offensive at all. Being a Grandmama, I've been called a MILF and I find it rather flattering. So I guess I'm actually a GILF and let me tell you, there's some very sexy nanas out there. I doubt if many would find the term derogatory.

As for stories in the MILF genre, I've never read one. Perhaps I shall.




http://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/curlygirly-and-mazzas-big-sandwich.aspx

There, you've read one now!! :)
elitfromnorth
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 8:14:54 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,590
Location: Burrowed, Norway
Magical_felix wrote:


I got a little excited when I saw Nicola Post in here. Was hoping she was going to suggest a "Matriarch I'd like to fuck" category.


That's a good idea for our next Lush competition. "Thanking Nic for a great site" evil4

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Iain69
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:21:49 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/19/2012
Posts: 175
Location: United Kingdom
As a fan of the more mature lady, long before they became known as MILFS: I can see how some might be offended, although personally If the tables were turned: I would take it as a compliment!

I would say that us blokes are discriminated against: MILF doesn't have a male equivalent. Surely there should be FILFs (or DILFS) too? Or are we just dirty old men...?

By pure coincidence I started writing a MILF story (in fact most of my stories concern Milfs because I like to write about people of my age). The story was inspired by a chat with a fellow Lush member on the subject of FFM: it was only afterwards I remembered an episode in my life (long before I became a father) which was not only FFM but MILF too. Now I just need to get writing again...
DonDuzIt
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:07:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 2/18/2013
Posts: 54
Location: My Home, United States
MILF or Cougar. Call 'em what you want but don't eliminate them!

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
JohnC
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:33:13 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2013
Posts: 5,031
Location: United States
Personally I find them as useless as homophobe and racist. Everyone has to have a "title", "name", or "term" now days and most of the time it simply does not accurately reflect those called it, or those claiming the titles.

MILF for instance has grown to cover any female that is a "mother", when in fact that was not what it was meant to be used for at all. It was actually meant to be used for mothers of our friends, IE teenagers' parents, or even young adults' parents. It was NOT meant to cover some 17-15 year old female who had a kid. But they sure are using the term a lot now days.

Cougar... I find the term laughable at best, but in some cases pretty sad for the women who fit that description. But I find it equally sad for males as well. I have no age differences, but I tend to believe that they should be within a reasonable range. And I don't need to get into that here since there have been a couple great threads covering that already (and my response is in one of them).

I tend to dislike labels all together. Just BE.

Ravyn
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:51:36 PM

Rank: Cock Connoisseur

Joined: 4/26/2010
Posts: 2,055
Location: Bend, United States
JohnC wrote:
Personally I find them as useless as homophobe and racist. Everyone has to have a "title", "name", or "term" now days and most of the time it simply does not accurately reflect those called it, or those claiming the titles.

MILF for instance has grown to cover any female that is a "mother", when in fact that was not what it was meant to be used for at all. It was actually meant to be used for mothers of our friends, IE teenagers' parents, or even young adults' parents. It was NOT meant to cover some 17-15 year old female who had a kid. But they sure are using the term a lot now days.

Cougar... I find the term laughable at best, but in some cases pretty sad for the women who fit that description. But I find it equally sad for males as well. I have no age differences, but I tend to believe that they should be within a reasonable range. And I don't need to get into that here since there have been a couple great threads covering that already (and my response is in one of them).

I tend to dislike labels all together. Just BE.


You tend to dislike labels, look at your forum signature looks as though you've labeled yourself :)

JohnC
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:53:25 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2013
Posts: 5,031
Location: United States
Ravyn wrote:


You tend to dislike labels, look at your forum signature looks as though you've labeled yourself :)

Nah, just a statement. toast

I also state in my profile that I am 6'4" as well. The is also not a label.

What I meant by labels was.... well heck... you KNOW what I meant. Sword Fight

thumbup

EDITED: changed signature to reflect statement, to avoid confusion. bootyshake

clown

WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 2:12:55 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,210
Location: Cakeland, United States
Let's just do away with all adjectives, adverbs, nouns, titles and names. Tis better to guess and practice mind-reading...about everything in our lives.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
JohnC
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 2:18:48 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2013
Posts: 5,031
Location: United States
WellMadeMale wrote:
Let's just do away with all adjectives, adverbs, nouns, titles and names. Tis better to guess and practice mind-reading...about everything in our lives.

But.. but... but... what about School House Rock? (Ok, how many songs just came into your head covering adjectives, adverbs, nouns, etc. LOL)

paul_moadib
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 4:59:00 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/31/2013
Posts: 443
Location: Docking bay 94
I think this comes down to opinion.
HotBttmInBriefs
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:33:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 1,520
Location: United States
It's funny that these 2 terms were partly grasped hold of because they were more politically correct terms and sounded better than some of the first words used for women going after younger men.

As already pointed out for men going after younger women they are still called perverts or just plain dirty old men.

I have no problem with either of the terms. They definitely sound better than many of the alternatives out there.



Emerys
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:40:41 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
I tried to come up with alternatives for the male-equivalent for 'cougar' (that I've heard/seen) but all I could come up with was cradle-robber, dirty old man, rapist, child molester, pervert, sicko, daddy, etc...you get the idea.

To be honest, I think the guys get the short end of the stick in regards to liking younger women (and the names they're called for it). "Cougars", at least, are generally considered to be older, sexy women with a bit of a wild side (at least that's the impression I always got, though correct me if I'm wrong). Guys are just considered perverts. :/ Or "Daddy", which is kind of weird. If I were an older woman I'd be grossed out a younger guy/girl I was interested in tried to call me "Mommy", so I wonder how men who don't have that particular kink must feel about it.

Jack_42
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:54:11 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 978
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
I'm just a perverted dirty old man (but quite hygienic) and hate all acronyms. OK?
ByronLord
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 6:45:45 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 717
Location: Massachusetts, United States
The point about the cougar is not really the age gap, it is agency.

Traditionally the man hunts the woman. A Cougar is not merely an older woman, she is an older woman on the prowl with the objective of seducing young men.

A Cougar is quite definitely not a slut. A slut is easy, a Cougar picks her prey, stalks and devours him.

A Cougar is not a MILF either. A MILF is a woman with children that the boy seeks out and seduces.

HotBttmInBriefs
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 12:37:21 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 1,520
Location: United States
I'm sure it is probably just a personal thing with me, but I never have limited MILF or DILF to just an older person with children.

I think of it as any older man or woman that I would literally love to fuck or that I at least find sexually attractive. Some of them are parents and some are not.

I have definitely never thought of the term to include anyone my age or younger that just happens to be a parent. If they fall in that category and I find them sexually attractive -- then they are just someone I would like to fuck -- so I guess a SILF. LOL

castlequeen
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 6:56:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/24/2009
Posts: 590
I'm fine with the terms, the other day at Target, I was shopping with my two little girls and I overheard a guy of about 25 or so say "total milf" under his breath to his buddy as I walked by. Made my day, I can tell you!

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
TxPrincess
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 6:58:44 PM

Rank: The Resident Princess

Joined: 10/6/2012
Posts: 283
Location: The Best Part, United States
MILF...really a mom you would like to fuck, dear lord that is just bad.

Cougar....A tad different, but still ewww.
---so a cougar stalks it's prey and picks it out, then why when I flirt I get called a cougar

Seriously can you think of something more tasteful to call us.

I hate those terms as much at being called Woman.....I would so rather be called a whore, a slut, hell slave is better and i did like that one too and I am submissive (but that is a whole different topic)



Westman
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 7:35:19 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 8/6/2011
Posts: 6
Location: United States
I don't know, words mean things, I mean when someones says one of those terms you get and idea what they mean. It's not an insult or demeaning, just a description.
TxPrincess
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:16:26 AM

Rank: The Resident Princess

Joined: 10/6/2012
Posts: 283
Location: The Best Part, United States
Totally the only kinda MILF I wanna be........HELL YEAH!!!!!!



FitBusinessPro
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:57:58 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/10/2013
Posts: 114
Location: Birmingham, United States
PhareDuFour wrote:
Is it just me, or do other members here find the terms "MILF" and "Cougar" derrogatory and demeaning?

The acronym MILF for Moms I Love to Fuck originated in the film America Pie as far as I know. So, in its original context it involved an underage male wanting to have sex with one of his friend's mother.

In the meantime this has somehow spiraled out as a general wishy-washy term to encompass all women over the age of 25 who may or may not have children as "second-rate" sexual partner choices. I don't know why women over the age of 30 who enjoy having sex often are somehow portrayed as "desperate", "sex-craved", "nymphos" or "wanton".

What does the world expect? Women who have brought a child into the world are supposed to be thereafter prude?

Doesn't anyone find it strange that the expression "DILF" Dads I Love to Fuck is non-existant?

The same thing goes of the expression "Cougar". Why is there a word for a 40+ year-old woman who has sexual relations with a 20- year-old male, but for the reverse situation, there is no word? No one says "Dirty Old Man" for a 40 year-old man who has a 20 year-old girlfriend. He has to be at least 80 for this to apply. And no one calls him a "wolf" or a "coyote" or a "jackel" or anything like that.

For the story category BDSM, they don't call it "Perverted Sex".

For the story category Gay Male, they don't call it "Faggot Sex".

Hence, I would like to see the story category "MILF Sex" disappear or be re-named. MILF is sexist and derrogatory, especially when there is no "DILF Sex" category.


I think MILF is a compliment. I've always heard it as Moms I'd Like to Fuck, as in you are a hot lady, but "off limits." They must actually have kids and be married for this term to apply. I haven't heard "DILF" used very much because older guys are not typically being pursued by women, it's the other way around.

Cougar refers to older women "on the prowl." Most guys think of themselves as always on the prowl (even just in their minds), but it's still a novelty when you meet sexually aggressive women. Therefore a corresponding term for older guys is again, pointless.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:48:13 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,480
PhareDuFour wrote:
Is it just me, or do other members here find the terms "MILF" and "Cougar" derrogatory and demeaning?

The acronym MILF for Moms I Love to Fuck originated in the film America Pie as far as I know. So, in its original context it involved an underage male wanting to have sex with one of his friend's mother.

In the meantime this has somehow spiraled out as a general wishy-washy term to encompass all women over the age of 25 who may or may not have children as "second-rate" sexual partner choices. I don't know why women over the age of 30 who enjoy having sex often are somehow portrayed as "desperate", "sex-craved", "nymphos" or "wanton".

What does the world expect? Women who have brought a child into the world are supposed to be thereafter prude?

Doesn't anyone find it strange that the expression "DILF" Dads I Love to Fuck is non-existant?

The same thing goes of the expression "Cougar". Why is there a word for a 40+ year-old woman who has sexual relations with a 20- year-old male, but for the reverse situation, there is no word? No one says "Dirty Old Man" for a 40 year-old man who has a 20 year-old girlfriend. He has to be at least 80 for this to apply. And no one calls him a "wolf" or a "coyote" or a "jackel" or anything like that.

For the story category BDSM, they don't call it "Perverted Sex".

For the story category Gay Male, they don't call it "Faggot Sex".

Hence, I would like to see the story category "MILF Sex" disappear or be re-named. MILF is sexist and derrogatory, especially when there is no "DILF Sex" category.
I see what you mean. And yes they do sound derrogative. I've never heard of DILF. Though I'm not exactly sure how that would affect people. When I think of a MILF, I just think of the mother of someone I know and I think she's sexy and I would love to have sex with her. And I always call the 40-year old man with a 20-year old woman an Mountain Lion. But that's just me. There shouldn't be a MILF Sex category. Those stories should be in the Mature section. Thanks for bringing it up. Really made me think.
AriOli101
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:58:31 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/3/2013
Posts: 160
Location: United Kingdom
I never saw it as derogatory, I always just thought it was a sexy mature woman dontknow

Make love not horcruxes! >^_^<

Check out my stories, you'd be surprised what I can do :)
MadMartigan
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:37:24 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/17/2013
Posts: 1,902
Location: United States
You mean I can't shorten everything into "Mom I'd Lick Fervently" anymore?

How am I do get my point across anymore that I want to lick them? drunken
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:47:18 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,670
Location: My Tower, United States
MILF = Madmartigan's i'd like to fling? :D
MadMartigan
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:49:36 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/17/2013
Posts: 1,902
Location: United States
Only if you fling me softly and into a pool of gummy bears.
Metilda
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:56:55 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/10/2013
Posts: 754
Location: United States
Hmm - MILF is juvenile, so I've never read the stories and odds are - since I've considered motherhood to be the anti to my sex life - I never will read them even if it changed. It makes me think of that idiot in the movie, and that is not appealing at all. No matter how many years have gone by - I always remember that one scene. Immediately in my mind, the guy who uses that term is demoted to that idiot's level of drooling stupidity.

I favor older men . . . The category that leaves me: mature . . . which is what I like anyway. It's not juvenile, and thus the stories in it are not a put off at all.

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
deif
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:41:27 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 6/8/2013
Posts: 3
Location: Melbourne, Australia
MILF and Cougar.... I thought it was done until I heard a comic the other day saying (In reference to Kate Middleton) Finally! A QILF (Queen....)
Melman
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:46:04 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 5/5/2013
Posts: 43
Location: United States
I happen to like both and use both.
Look the only reason we label anything is so that we all know that we are talking about the same thing.

Example, IF you were taught that that the color blue is actually known to the rest of the world as green, that creates problems
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.