15.5k views
0 watchers
1 like
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
which do you like the most ?
Lurker
0 likes
The whip... Leaves more of a stink that lasts longer!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Since I predominantly prefer to spank, I'll change "whip" into either "strap" or "cane." Whips I associate with targets other than the bottom.

I prefer sting to thud... welt to bruise... but that said, you can effect a proper punishment in far fewer strokes of a good hardwood paddle, if that's your aim.
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never been whipped, but I have been belted and paddled. I found the paddle to be much harsher than the belt. I remember rolling off his lap and sitting on the floor, protecting my bottom, and refusing to go back over his knee :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I prefer to use a paddle on my subs/slaves. The reason is because it covers more surface area and I love that deep red overall coverage. I am also very good at it. Ask any of my slaves they will tell you I am very good at it. They drip when I tell them to bend over.
If you have read 50 Shades of Gray and think that you are ready to be a dom or a sub. Then you have a lot to learn.

Follow my slave's blog slave skye's real life blog if we can get 100 followers she is going to start posting pictures!!! I know there are at least 100 of you that want to see that click the link enter your email and follow. We hit 100 then she has said she will post a picture of herself.
Lurker
0 likes
I always have felt that whips and paddles were a lot like christmas presents.... Its better to give then recieve. If I had to be on the recieveing end I would go for the old fashioned open hand.... flesh on flesh... to me that would be hotter.

When it comes to giving... what ever seems to get her off more!
Lurker
0 likes
Paddle. In the hands of someone who knows how to wield it properly, it can be so much better than a whip.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Quote by SweetPenny
I've never been whipped, but I have been belted and paddled. I found the paddle to be much harsher than the belt. I remember rolling off his lap and sitting on the floor, protecting my bottom, and refusing to go back over his knee :-)

That raises some questions for me.

1. Did you refuse because he had gone past your limits and you were squicked?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, did you have a safeword? Did you use it?

Consent is key to these kinds of activities. Both parties need to feel that they can perform these activities safely. The dom needs to trust that the sub continues to consent, perhaps in the face of behavior (crying, screaming, etc) that would ordinarily be counter-indicative. The dom can only rely on the fact that the sub has *not* called out the safeword, and can really only feel safe to proceed if he feels that the sub *would* call it out if they needed to. At the same time, the sub needs to feel safe to use the word. They must trust that if they use it, that the dom will take them out-of-scene (which includes clearing all restraints) and immediately offer after-care in a context without hierarchy, and further that there will be no future repercussions from using it (with the possible exception that there will be no repeat of whatever caused them to use the safeword to start with).
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'd like to use both on some people!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Goddess_Lexi
The whip... Leaves more of a stink that lasts longer!

I've never called the long lasting stink - a whip nor a paddle.

Although -- I bet I could incorporate such in humor piece, with some assistance from Dirty Martini.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Paddle gives such a rosey glow but then a whip used right can leave marks that last much longer so for me either.
Lurker
0 likes
I wish I could choose between the two, but I have no experience when it comes to either. I'm open to the idea and can see myself leaning more towards a paddle rather than a whip. It's the closest thing to being spanked, so it doesn't scare me off. With that said there are many things that entice me about the BDSM lifestyle and one day I would like to explore these fantasies and that could very well include a whip!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Paddle on my pussy, whip on my ass!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Paddle heart
Lurker
0 likes
Depends on how far I need to take it. I usually start off with a paddle to get a nice all-over pink, then move to the crop or whip to bring the intensity up to where it needs to be.
Lurker
0 likes
Awww I have to choose just one?

Paddle.. i like the feeling of the full impact on my ass...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Paddles have a far too inorganic action for my liking, I find even rulers are too rigid - they will often leave one feeling too disconnected from the subject (I can also appreciate that may be the attraction for some people).

You won't get the same response from lightly trailing a paddle over someone's skin as you will with a leather belt.

Of course, neither are as effective as an open palm, especially if combined with the other hand firmly holding your subject in place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oak_and_the_Reed
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Paddles have a far too inorganic action for my liking, I find even rulers are too rigid - they will often leave one feeling too disconnected from the subject (I can also appreciate that may be the attraction for some people).

You won't get the same response from lightly trailing a paddle over someone's skin as you will with a leather belt.

Of course, neither are as effective as an open palm, especially if combined with the other hand firmly holding your subject in place.

tingles
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

*laughs!*
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Well... i didn't know we could suggest or choose others. If that's the case, then yeah, open-handed spanking is a hell of a lot better than the others! There's more connection, and no problem with bringing teasing into the equation. With the open hand, you can easily switch from spanking to teasing without switching hands or setting down/picking up implements. You can also caress, rub, massage, feel how wet she is... You can also better measure the intensity of the spanking, from lightly playing, to erotic foreplay, to punishment and letting her know not to do again what she did wrong. The open hand is also best used with OTK (Over The Knee) spankings. But i'm sure the man i quoted knows THAT!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sensei

That raises some questions for me.

1. Did you refuse because he had gone past your limits and you were squicked?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, did you have a safeword? Did you use it?

Consent is key to these kinds of activities. Both parties need to feel that they can perform these activities safely. The dom needs to trust that the sub continues to consent, perhaps in the face of behavior (crying, screaming, etc) that would ordinarily be counter-indicative. The dom can only rely on the fact that the sub has *not* called out the safeword, and can really only feel safe to proceed if he feels that the sub *would* call it out if they needed to. At the same time, the sub needs to feel safe to use the word. They must trust that if they use it, that the dom will take them out-of-scene (which includes clearing all restraints) and immediately offer after-care in a context without hierarchy, and further that there will be no future repercussions from using it (with the possible exception that there will be no repeat of whatever caused them to use the safeword to start with).

I missed this. Sorry for not responding sooner.

I did not use my safeword. I tend to avoid them as I feel they can really be a mood killer. The man whom I was with did realize that I was having a difficult time and he lightened up after that. It was his first time using a paddle so I think that was the problem.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Paddle.
You seem sweet, mind if I lick you to make sure?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never had a paddle used on me. But, I love floggers very much.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SweetPenny

I missed this. Sorry for not responding sooner.

I did not use my safeword. I tend to avoid them as I feel they can really be a mood killer. The man whom I was with did realize that I was having a difficult time and he lightened up after that. It was his first time using a paddle so I think that was the problem.

I can't help but offer my opinion, at the risk of sticking my nose where it may not belong, but had I been the dom spanking you, and you had refused to get back into position, I might have assumed you were bratting and dragged you back into place and spanked you harder for your insolence. If things are going in the wrong direction, I would rather my girl use her safeword early rather than late so we can stop and regroup.

Because we play in scenes where words no longer have true face-value meaning, the safeword is the escape hatch into a space where words have literal meaning. "Please, sir, don't paddle me." will more likely *insure* she gets paddled along with getting a lecture about trying to top from the bottom. But "Mercy!" (her safeword) will allow me to talk with her and ascertain if she wishes to continue, and if so, how.

Don't think of a safeword as a mood killer. Rather, think of it as a pause button. It's a tool to avoid misunderstandings that are otherwise way, way too easy and have far too serious consequences given the nature of power exchange play.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
It depends on the scene. Some scenes aren't suitable for whips. I like floggers. Whips should only be used by those with experience and the proper skill.
[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A paddle for spanking and a crop/whip for the naughty parts!!!!
Princess Blondie
0 likes
A paddle or whip are both nice, paddle more.
†Jinxy Approved†

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A paddle or better...a flogger. Small percentage know how to properly use a whip.