Superbowl XLVII

last reply
17 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
As many of us know, the Superbowl is tomorrow!!!! I haven't seen a topic started, forgive me if there is!

Anyway, who are you going for and why?

Lurker
0 likes
Also, Beyoncè at the Half Time show

Lurker
0 likes
Take the Ravens take the points.Baltimore's been making clutch plays all postseason. Joe Flacco's the most underrated QB in the league and imo his time to shine. The 9er's wouldn't have made it to the SB if Atlanta didn't choke the opportunity away ( blew 17 point lead). 49ers are still a real good team but i just think the Ravens are rollin at just the right time.
Clumeleon
0 likes
For some reason, my friends are having a Super Bowl party. None of us know anything about American football but we're going to have lots of food and get a poker game going and probably fall asleep before it finishes.

Hoping I can stay awake until half time if Beyoncè is on - I love her.
Lurker
0 likes
Honestly I don't care who wins.... I just am going to the party, well... for the party. That and the commercials. Loved the one with the kid dressed as darth vader, starting the car.

Oh and of course Beyoncè.... Talent, beauty... what more can I say. She is one of my dream girls.
I know, keep dreaming.
0 likes
I want Ray Rice to win because it will be his first superbowl and plus the Ravens too
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am a HUGE football fan but not at all fired up about this game. I don't care for the 2 teams involved, especially the Ravens. They have Ray Lewis, who with a large gang of guys, his posse, beat and stabbed 2 guys to death in Atlanta. Lewis pleaded to a lesser charge and they all got off pretty much without any punishment. Every single guy in Ray Lewis's posse was a large muscled up guy and they claimed self defense against 2 small skinny slightly effiminate guys who just talked back to them after Lewis and his posse were poking fun at them. Self Defense? BULLSHIT! It was murder! Those 2 guys didn't have a chance against even one of that Lewis posse. Just another super rich and famous guy getting away with a heinous crime because of who he is. Now Ray Lewis is pretending to be a preacher. I call BULLSHIT on that!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I am a HUGE football fan but not at all fired up about this game. I don't care for the 2 teams involved, especially the Ravens. They have Ray Lewis, who with a large gang of guys, his posse, beat and stabbed 2 guys to death in Atlanta. Lewis pleaded to a lesser charge and they all got off pretty much without any punishment. Every single guy in Ray Lewis's posse was a large muscled up guy and they claimed self defense against 2 small skinny slightly effiminate guys who just talked back to them after Lewis and his posse were poking fun at them. Self Defense? BULLSHIT! It was murder! Those 2 guys didn't have a chance against even one of that Lewis posse. Just another super rich and famous guy getting away with a heinous crime because of who he is. Now Ray Lewis is pretending to be a preacher. I call BULLSHIT on that!

I totally agree. As much as I was happy to see the Ravens beat the Patriots, I dreaded having to deal with 2 more weeks of Ray Lewis Bullshit!!. Even some other NFL players are tired of it, I heard an interview with one guy a few days ago and he was saying(half jokingly but kinda serious) that Ray Lewis is so overrated now and is even getting credit for tackles when he isnt on the field!! HAHA

I hope the 49er's crush them and he plays terribly.

But Ill bet that if the Ravens win, Ray Lewis is at least Co-MVP even if he does nothing in the game.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

But Ill bet that if the Ravens win, Ray Lewis is at least Co-MVP even if he does nothing in the game.

I know Ray Lewis is over the top sometimes(I remember watching "A football life" and thought is this guy for real?) but you can't deny how intelligent he is. He's a leader on the field and he's the one responsible for getting his defense setup. Besides sometimes the best player on the field is the guy who gets no statistics registered but he's allowing his teammates to make plays by blowing up his assignment.

I don't really have a problem with Ray Lewis but Pollard, Ayanbadejo and Suggs are all a bunch of punks. I don't want them to win but I don't want the 49ers to win either.

My only hope is, it's a 0-0 game and it goes into 10 OT's before the fans start booing and laughing at both teams so they all leave and no team is declared the winner. Hey, a guy can dream...
Lurker
0 likes
I wanted the Ravens to win, and I'm glad they did. The only reason I wanted them to win is because of Ed Reed. He joined the Ravens shortly after they won in 2001, and is getting up there in age, this may have been his last opportunity to win a title.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congrats to the Ravens!! I wanted the 49er's but it was a really good game, especially after the power outage. At least "God's gift to mankind" Ray Lewis played pretty poorly so thats something. Halftime was OK, but since Im not a Beyonce fan, I guess I really am not the right person to give an opinion on that. Was it just me or when the 2 girls from Destinys Child joined her on stage, they seemed like the were her backup singers, volume seemed lower on their mics. Seemed like Beyonce was saying, "Im the star here, not you!!"

Commercials pretty much sucked!!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Was it just me or when the 2 girls from Destinys Child joined her on stage, they seemed like the were her backup singers, volume seemed lower on their mics. Seemed like Beyonce was saying, "Im the star here, not you!!"

She was throwing them a bone. I'm surprised they even had mics.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Was it just me or when the 2 girls from Destinys Child joined her on stage, they seemed like the were her backup singers, volume seemed lower on their mics. Seemed like Beyonce was saying, "Im the star here, not you!!"

LOL... it reminds me of this old Destiny's Child parody from back in the day.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

LOL... it reminds me of this old Destiny's Child parody from back in the day.

HAHA!! I actually enjoyed that more than Halftime!!
Lurker
0 likes
I didn't really like the halftime show, and I'd like to thank the power outage because it seems that SF started playing way better after, just took 3quarters!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know pretty much nothing about American football, but yesterday i went to hooters (how much more american can you get? lol) with a bunch of friends to watch the game. I think i understood it, and thought it was an ok kind of game, so i paid attention to it but after 3 Mojitos and 15 minutes of game that were actually like hour and a half, i gaved up and just talked the night away with my girl friends.

I think the game can be very interesting and exciting, but it feels like every 2 minutes theres a 5 minute pause making it way to slow for a girl that gets distracted easily.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh and about the half time show, i completely agree with Jack, at least they had mics. Even when they were a group, they were her back up singers lol.

About the show itself, i thought it was pretty blah, yeah she has an amazing voice and an incredible body but that was pretty much it. I have seen other years shows and they are amazing, this one was overrated.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NightFox
I didn't really like the halftime show, and I'd like to thank the power outage because it seems that SF started playing way better after, just took 3quarters!

SF got soooo lucky with that. It's like they got an extra half-time to take their heads out of their asses while at the same time killing every bit of momentum the Ravens had. If the 49ers would have pulled it off at the end, Thanksgiving at the Harbaugh house would have been very interesting this year.