Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Economics Options · View
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:21:19 AM

Koch brothers or Murdoch" Huffington Post or Daily Kos?

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:57:34 AM

Buc wrote:
I do understand why you and Sprite and some other are required to become so defensive so ubber personal in your attacks upon me.

LOL funny guy!

But seriously, nobody's being uber (not "ubber", by the way) personal with you. You're posting out-of-context quotes on the same three or four subjects over and over, and then never responding when questioned on them, or on anything else. And other than calling this country Omerica, and using other childish Obama insults, you're not really adding anything to the discussion. It seems as if all you really want to do is slam the left and especially Obama; which is your right, but you can't also be taken seriously if that's as shallow as your brain is working.

So, try answering a few of our questions when we follow your posts with them. The one time you did, on gas prices, you didn't really know what you're talking about, so I don't hold out much hope, but it would at least be more interesting that way. You get poked at because in addition to not engaging in real discussion, your grammar's really poor. What's up with six commas in a row?

It's not about you believing different things than others, its about the way you come across, and that has nothing to do with grammar or spelling. You're confusing others' defensiveness with dismissive annoyance.

So do you want to actually discuss, or just throw rocks at viewpoints other than yours?
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:00:22 AM

Since taking office in 2009, food stamp rolls under President Barack Obama have risen to more than 47 million people in America, exceeding the population of Spain.

“Now is the time to act boldly and wisely – to not only revive this economy, but to build a new foundation for lasting prosperity,” said Obama during his first joint session address to Congress on Feb. 24, 2009.

Since then, the number of participants enrolled in food stamps, known as the Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP), has risen substantially.

When Obama entered office in January 2009 there were 31,939,110 Americans receiving food stamps. As of November 2012—the most recent data available—there were 47,692,896 Americans enrolled, an increase of 49.3 percent.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:06:04 AM

Tonight the Nation will hear from the President of the United State of America, he will be doing as the US Constitution commands him to do, report on his view of the state of this Nation.

I sure hope he talks some more about job creation, I do so love a good story.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:07:10 AM

LadyX How are you today dear, having a profitable day, contributing to the US revenues?
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:08:22 AM

Buc wrote:
LadyX How are you today dear, having a profitable day, contributing to the US revenues?

absolutely :) Thanks for asking. Is this your way of starting over? If so, I look much more forward to discussion.

icon_smile
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:11:45 AM

ByronLord post was interesting, parroting the Obama line that Romney is/was not taxed enough and he was a felon.

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:13:34 AM

Thanks for asking. Is this your way of starting over?" Nope

Sometimes this is more fun then i could ever have hoped for, some times the change is way cool, going Forward.
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:16:35 AM

Buc wrote:
Thanks for asking. Is this your way of starting over?" Nope

Sometimes this is more fun then i could ever have hoped for, some times the change is way cool, going Forward.

So all you want to do is insult 'the other side' instead of discuss? Okay, just wanted to be clear. Have fun with your stats and quotes, and let me know if you actually want to discuss anything.

Lwinking

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:20:45 AM

I posted the facts on poverty and that the USDA continues to see those at the electronic food table explode during the last 4 years.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:22:09 AM

"other side" like the comic strip "the far side" ?

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:58:05 PM

“It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now … Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.”
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:14:25 PM

Buc wrote:
100 percent of earned income is now taxed at a 2 % higher rate for those that have earned income up to $113 k. That tax increase is on the lower income earners to the solid middle income earners."

Are you talking about the end of the payroll tax holiday?
Monocle
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:16:29 PM

Buc wrote:
Since taking office in 2009, food stamp rolls under President Barack Obama have risen to more than 47 million people in America...

This is a result of the Great Recession. I know you really, really want to blame Obama for it. But you would be lying (yet again) if you did. Plain and simple Buc. Just stop lying.
Rembacher
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:30:50 PM

Buc wrote:
“It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now … Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.”

And yet you cite Canada as a beacon of what the US should be doing. Canada has far higher personal tax rates than most, if not all, US states. And has only gone into deficit after reducing taxes. But when I point that out, you stop debating me.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:35:06 AM

Bush Recession Continues to this day. I am coming around to your point of view. Thanks for the new data.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:36:36 AM

Rembacher, very good points .
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:38:53 AM

Monocle wrote:

Are you talking about the end of the payroll tax holiday?

Yes
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:55:06 AM

Buc wrote:
This is off of FOX, wow, and I thought I was on the IRS tax rate site.

Buc, you really need to wean yourself off Faux Noise...that shit will give you dain bramage just as surely as this will.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:12:37 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Buc, you really need to wean yourself off Faux Noise...that shit will give you dain bramage just as surely as this will.

Thanks your so right. I am going to mend my ways and look at this Economy differently from now on.

Starting with how I will now advocate for More Stimulus spending ,,,,, The problem was that in Jan 2009 the economy was so bad, really worse then anyone really knew, that the first stimulus was just too small. I am for a new 2 Trillion dollar stimulus over the next 2 years in these area's.

1, Skill set improvement of those long term unemployed
2, Federal Roads and Bridges
3, Hybrid vehicle partnerships, FORD should receive 48 Billion to jump start their EV and Hybrid product development (tax credits)
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:52:03 PM

Last night Obama gave us his vision and his agenda, it was breathtaking. Freedom of Economic growth thru better educated population and with full health care and even better no new added deficit spending.
It is what real leadership looks like, he did some great work last night.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:04:23 PM

Last night the Nation under the Leadership of Obama went from a Nation of the "Great Recession" to the Nation of the "Great Recovery".

With Obama at the wheel we will see wages rise as unemployment falls to mid-Bush- Term levels, we will see Labor Partisipation Rates soar to 67 percent or more and with all the new money flowing into the hands of the new labor we will see the swelling of unions and homes being bought, demand will soar and we can delete the deficits and begin the task of paying off Debt.

We can refill the promises of Full Social Security payouts for all that are currently contributing.

Last night, yes, that speech, that Man put the USA on a course of greatness to come.

God Bless America.
Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:54:52 PM

Buc wrote:

Yes

Thought so. To call the end of the payroll tax holiday, put in place as a recession fighting measure, a tax hike would be a lie. So please don't.
Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:57:45 PM

Buc wrote:
Last night the Nation...

Just please stop. I can smell your insincerity across the internet.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:05:17 PM

The end of the great recession has happened and now we begin the beginning of the Great Recovery. I believe the President and I am sure you do as well, so tell us. Which exact economic policy of his is your favorite one. I think mine is the tax increase of 2 percent on all of us making less then 114 K, but leaving untouched those making more then that number up to 450 K. Your turn.
Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:55:23 PM

Not playing. You lie. You troll. You're not worth it.
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:27:02 PM

The Bush Administration was not good for the US middle class and the Obama Administration picked up the baton and are carrying it like Bush's loyal teammates. Obama has been better for Wall Street than Bush. On that part there is no complaint from me as my personal stock portfolio has flourished under Obama. But the middle class is shrinking ever faster. The Obama Administration is clueless about creating a long term healthy economic environment in which the middle class can prosper. He may say otherwise to garner clueless voters into his fold but Obama is GREAT for big corporations.

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:33:11 PM

Buc wrote:
The end of the great recession has happened and now we begin the beginning of the Great Recovery. I believe the President and I am sure you do as well, so tell us. Which exact economic policy of his is your favorite one. I think mine is the tax increase of 2 percent on all of us making less then 114 K, but leaving untouched those making more then that number up to 450 K. Your turn.

The administration asked for an extension on the payroll tax holiday. The GOP refused. So you blame Obama?

Perhaps if you got your news from a source that wasn't owned by a major supporter of the Chinese communist party you wouldn't say such stuff.

Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:01:35 AM

ByronLord wrote:

The administration asked for an extension on the payroll tax holiday. The GOP refused. So you blame Obama?

Perhaps if you got your news from a source that wasn't owned by a major supporter of the Chinese communist party you wouldn't say such stuff.

Huffington Post Reported

He noted that the payroll tax cuts were "explicitly temporary" when they were created" Alan Krueger, chairman of President Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisers (CEA)

"We're pleased the White House doesn’t mention the payroll tax holiday since extending it would undermine Social Security’s separate dedicated funding source," AARP executive Joyce Rogers

Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner warned Congress against extending the current payroll-tax holiday beyond 2012.

“This has to be a temporary tax cut. I don’t see any reason to consider supporting its extension” next year, said Mr. Geithner on Thursday at a Senate Budget Committee hearing.

WASHINGTON -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says Congress should let the payroll tax cut expire at the end of the year and instead work toward comprehensive tax reform.

"I would hope that we would not extend it," Pelosi said of the tax cut, during a Friday sit-down with reporters. "

Enjoy

Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:16:55 AM

ByronLord wrote:

“It never should have been enacted in the first place,” Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) said. “It was a terrible mistake. But it was done and it should not be extended. It’s got to end this year. Period. No more.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81316.html#ixzz2KsJd3BFI