Valentines Day

last reply
39 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?
Lurker
0 likes
After 7 weeks, I would expect a Valentine's card at least.. I would be really pissed if I didn't hear from him at all on Valentine's day. I would NOT expect a gift like perfume, jewellery etc, not after only 7 weeks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you been celibate these 7 weeks?
If not then I would say to him: "No Valentine present, no blow jobs."

"The Gods that smiled when you were born
are laughing now."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket
After 7 weeks, I would expect a Valentine's card at least.. I would be really pissed if I didn't hear from him at all on Valentine's day. I would NOT expect a gift like perfume, jewellery etc, not after only 7 weeks.

I agree. I wouldnt expect jewelry or perfume, but a card, maybe some flowers or chocolates, and a nice dinner would be nice. But it really depends on how serious you are after 7 weeks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I agree. I wouldnt expect jewelry or perfume, but a card, maybe some flowers or chocolates, and a nice dinner would be nice. But it really depends on how serious you are after 7 weeks.

we have been exclusive. dates, movie nights, hanging out with friends... and sex
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree, from the sounds of it your in a full relationship, so to expect valentines, birthdays and other events to be part of it is OK. But i also agree with the others you should only be looking at cards and chocolates, have you given your BF a card?
You may just both be in the ( I'm not going first loop )
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
If you have all that, then a dinner a card and some great sex is in order. That's what I'd want anyway. I don't think it's to much.
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?

No offence, but it sounds like you are expecting something more than sex or a card. 7 weeks is not a long time to be dating each other, and it's not like he's going to buy you a Tiffany bracelet.

What would your expectations be for this day, what would you like to receive as a gift?
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

we have been exclusive. dates, movie nights, hanging out with friends... and sex

Hi there. I would say that if he isn't taking care of you then perhaps there are other fish in the sea. A girl needs to live and this is a day to be treated right.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

No offence, but it sounds like you are expecting something more than sex or a card. 7 weeks is not a long time to be dating each other, and it's not like he's going to buy you a Tiffany bracelet.

What would your expectations be for this day, what would you like to receive as a gift?

The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.

With this information you have now provided, I would say he's an ass. After a period of a few months of dating the least he would do is spend today with you. The fact that he's going to hang out with his buddies shows that he doesn't have too much attention to detail. If you walk anywhere, listen to the radio or watch TV it's pretty evident that it's Valentines Day!

He can totally count March 24 out in his schedule! But what's next forgetting about your Birthday, and Christmas?

All I can say is.......Come on man!
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

Maybe he's gonna surprise you. Guys don't typically hang out together on Valentine's Day, unless ALL his buddies are single. Oh shit. Hope I didn't ruin the surprise.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

Maybe he's gonna surprise you. Guys don't typically hang out together on Valentine's Day, unless ALL his buddies are single. Oh shit. Hope I didn't ruin the surprise.

his friends are single :/
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

Are you his weekday or weekend girlfriend? This is very important to know.
Lurker
0 likes

This COULD be, but I know plenty of guys that hang out with their buddies any given day of the week. The fact it is Valentines Day does not register if they are simply self absorbed individuals. So I would not put money on the "surprise" thing.... it might be... but.....

I am interested to see how it all turns out though. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Are you his weekday or weekend girlfriend? This is very important to know.

ouch :/
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by JohnC

This COULD be, but I know plenty of guys that hang out with their buddies any given day of the week. The fact it is Valentines Day does not register if they are simply self absorbed individuals. So I would not put money on the "surprise" thing.... it might be... but.....

Damn you John. I was just trying to provide the girl with just a small iota of hope.

But if this is the case, and he's just hanging with his buddies, at least you know where you stand with him. And it's actually good that he's showing his true colors this early in the relationship. But honestly, I don't know of any guy who would date a girl for damn near 2 months and ditch her on Valentine's Day. I'm SURE he knows what day it is and how important it is, which is why I'm like 85% sure he's gonna surprise you. Let's see how it goes.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes

Damn you John. I was just trying to provide the girl with just a small iota of hope.

But if this is the case, and he's just hanging with his buddies, at least you know where you stand with him. And it's actually good that he's showing his true colors this early in the relationship. But honestly, I don't know of any guy who would date a girl for damn near 2 months and ditch her on Valentine's Day. I'm SURE he knows what day it is and how important it is, which is why I'm like 85% sure he's gonna surprise you. Let's see how it goes.

LOL Ooops, sorry.

Let's hope the second is the case... but as you say, if not, it is good to find this out early on.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I would not be totally convinced that you're exclusive if you know what I mean. The 'hanging with my friends' things seems like a cop-out or at the very least a sign that he sees you as more of a casual thing at this stage.

Even if he's legit with his buddies tonight - Thursday night - typical boy's night - V-day atmosphere in the bars. A good night for guys to be hitting the scene and playing. I would not get too emotionally invested in this guy to be brutally honest. Been down this road before. Have fun, but proceed with caution.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

ouch :/

Just saying because VD is tricky this year. Like, it falls on a weekday but is typically for the weekend girlfriend so maybe he's avoiding it in general because of this conundrum. It's more complex than it seems.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
If you were offering to make him his favorite meal and all you want is sex in return.... why in the hell is he hanging out with his single guy friends? Seems like it would be a win-win for him.
I agree with public opinion. He's probably not worth getting too emotionally involved in.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
bah! this holiday is just messing with me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I so really don't get the point of receiving whatever on this day?
What is it? It's just another commercial hollow, nothing romantic thing.
Only there to get your money out of your pocket.

What`s the romance of getting a gift on this blown up commercial day?
I love to receive gifts, but I prefer that he thinks of giving me one at another day, not because it`s V`day....
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

I've been with my guy 573.952 weeks. Yes it's too early.

I'm still expecting something for Valentine's Day!
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I would not be totally convinced that you're exclusive if you know what I mean. The 'hanging with my friends' things seems like a cop-out or at the very least a sign that he sees you as more of a casual thing at this stage.

Even if he's legit with his buddies tonight - Thursday night - typical boy's night - V-day atmosphere in the bars. A good night for guys to be hitting the scene and playing. I would not get too emotionally invested in this guy to be brutally honest. Been down this road before. Have fun, but proceed with caution.

I'm with DD on this one...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Naughty_Nurse

I love to receive gifts, but I prefer that he thinks of giving me one at another day, not because it`s V`day....

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Naughty_Nurse

Sweet One you must have been hurt by a jerk. Every Day is Valentines Day for the one who makes you hot, but this day is a Special Day like your birthday. It is for the one that you care for and guys like to give gifts to girls (even if we make it seem we don't). Be honest girls love loot. Never turn down a free gift. (Besides it won't be too long before those jerks in charge of Washington will be taxing holidays and telling us -like in China and elsewhere- who we can see and what we can do in the way of sexual affairs. So we might as well enjoy while we can.

As for the question asked, it would be polite of him to give you a little something or to take you out. Esp. if he hopes for the relationship to continue. If he avoids it, well there may be something he is afraid of such as feeling he may be pushing himself to fast on you. But still it is a good excuse for a guy to take a girl out and a guy would be a real fool not to use it.

Now National Mule Day or Take a Dog for a Walk Day or take your daughter to work day (there is a real sexist idea from the old farts of NOW) are a little too far out and are just there to make money. However I do believe in Women seduce a Guy Day and Treat Men Like A God Day are good holidays and I am willing to overlook the commercial use of them.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JohnC

Care for some popcorn?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lovewhenuswallow
Care for some popcorn?

LOL Thanks! How about a couple beers to go with that?