Favourite Comedian(s)

last reply
64 replies
7.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Clumeleon
0 likes
I've always appreciated a good comedy actor or stand-up act. I'm a big lover of sketch shows.

Who are your favourites in the comedy world and what performances/roles of theirs do you especially love?

Victoria Wood is one of my all-time favourites. If you ever get a chance, watch An Audience With Victoria Wood. The series dinnerladies was also brilliant, with a lot of wordplay humour and some sheer ridiculosity.

I rather enjoy Jimmy Carr, too, although he is not to everyone's taste. There's something about his crude humour that I just love.

Brian "Limmy" Limond is one of the big players in the Scottish sketch comedy scene. He really just gets the Scottish sense of humour, in my opinion, but probably wouldn't make much sense to a lot of English people or Yanks.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I think Steven Wright has to be one of the best for me. Another is Aussie stand up Carl Barron.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seriously Favorite Comedian has to be Jeff Dunham.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
George Carlin
Lurker
0 likes
Bobcat Goldthwait

Robin Williams
Lurker
0 likes
EDDIE MURPHY

The Linebacker
0 likes
Damn I love good stand up comedians.

Jeff Foxworthy
Eddie Murphy
Dave Chappell
Lurker
0 likes
Billy Connolly - not only is he a fan-bloomin-tastic stand up comic, his acting isn't all that bad either. And the Scottish accent, well, it's just an added bonus.

I also like Ed Byrne, Reginald D Hunter, Eddie Izzard...the list goes on and on.
Lurker
0 likes
Chris Rock
Eddie Murphy
Dave Chappell
Katt Williams
Kevin Hart
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh God, my baby Kevin Hart!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by alicenchains80
[img][img]Seriously Favorite Comedian has to be Jeff Dunham.

Yes, he's great. Well also Mortimer, Walter, Peanut, José Jalapeno on a Stick, Achmed and the rest of the Gang

He has to be two, three and even more comedians at once. Boy, you have to split your brain? Once he was talking so fast and having a heated conversation with 4 puppets (one was hidden since he can only hold 2 at a time plus him as the third and he got confused and started to laugh.. he got such a standing ovation.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Robin Williams, Eddie Izzard, Chappelle, Carlos Mencia....omg I could go on and on. Wanda Sykes, Ellen Degeneres, Kathy Griffin......so many more smile
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I have to say .... lots of drinks flowing at a round table with Robin Williams, Tina Fey, Bill Maher and Lily Tomlin.

Oh god, maybe no drinking for me ... scotch out the nose isn't too fun!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Definitely Jeff Dunham and Stephen Lynch
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ellen Degeneres, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, & Jeff Foxworthy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Lewis Black!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The late Mitch Hedberg
Lurker
0 likes
Daniel Tosh, Anthony Jeselnik, Dave Chappelle, Lewis Black, Stephen Lynch, Bo Burnham and Greg Giraldo (RIP)

For women: Amy Schumer and Lisa Lampanelli
Clumeleon
0 likes
Oh, goodness! How did I forget Tina Fey!? She's hilarious AND she'd get it.
Lurker
0 likes
Love the nod to Mitch. Sad story. But since we're talking comedy, here are my two new favorites.

Amy Schumer
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Robin Williams, Sam Kinison
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Sam Kinison, George Carlin, Lewis Black, Louis C.K.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kathy Griffin and Russell Peter.
I agree with Jeff Dunham too; Peanut is my fave!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
George Carlin

Beat me to Carlin.

Im gonna go retro 80's Tim Allen. Great Stuff.

Lurker
0 likes
and

John Pinette

Lurker
0 likes
Bill Cosby.....George Carlin......Sam kinison....can't remember his name, "bada Bing" hickory dickory dock, this chick was sucking my cock...I know his lines but can't remember his name.
Lurker
0 likes
Eddie Izzard, Jasper Carrott, Spike Milligan and sometimes I get a good laugh out of Peter Kay. Jimmy Carr makes me laugh like a freaking drain, too. I think for a comedian to succeed, they have to have "the look". People like the ones I've mentioned have that look and most of the time don't even have to say anything to make me laugh, just the merest facial expression is enough.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bill Cosby...Red Skelton...Dom Delouise...and a few more
doing my best to be good..
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Peter Kay - Live at the Bolton Albert Halls
(Full DVD)