12 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I'll start.

Amish romance.

I'd never heard of it. I don't think we have too many Amish communities in Australia, and certainly wouldn't have associated them with romance novels!

Top that!
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Scandanavian Humor

Aunt-Eater: stories of Aardvark antics

Lush Non-Erotic

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Steampunk and Weird West. Although, Science Fantasy seems weird, too.

For those of you who've never heard of those:
Steampunk--Generally, a subgenre of science fiction that focuses on Victorian-style technology. i.e. a computer powered by steam, a clockwork phone. etc.
Weird West--Think Cowboys and Aliens, and you get the idea.
Science fantasy--A hybrid of science fiction and fantasy. Star Wars is a popular science fantasy story. (Starships = science fiction. Force = fantasy.)
0 likes
Steampunk and Weird West are odd but hardly the most peculiar. Then again, as a longtime reader of pulp fantasy, which is often pretty strange (try reading some Clark Ashton Smith) I may be a bit jaded where s-f & fantasy are concerned.

The whole transformation/furry thing is something I've long found peculiar. Stories in which characters, often self-inserts by the author, change bodies and have relationships (including sexual ones) with others who similarly transform. A late friend (who was a furry himself) edited a webzine of this stuff. They had an ongoing shared universe series about a world where a virus transformed people into animal forms. Even some of the columns were often written by the editors in their animal personae. Oddly, he did use a fair straight-up horror story that I wrote back in university, so it wasn't all furry stories but that seemed to be the lion-share of the material.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i did a search and came up with this... Bizzarro Fiction. Not sure what it is, but it sounds entertaining. i might have to check it out. smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_fiction

any genre that allows a writer to write a book called The Baby Jesus Butt Plug: A Fairy Tale or The Pickled Apocalypse of Pancake Island has got to have something going for it!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's the one with the cannibal and the aliens.
Lurker
0 likes
Pooing through a tea leaf strainer, hoping to find the Lost City of Alantis.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
incestuous scuba orgies at Lake Como
Lurker
0 likes
Some of the other erotica forums I've visisted, actually have a seperate genre dedidcated to pairings between human characters and various non-human monstrous beings (aliens, trolls, etc..)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by brown_boy
Some of the other erotica forums I've visisted, actually have a seperate genre dedidcated to pairings between human characters and various non-human monstrous beings (aliens, trolls, etc..)

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be looking for that genre anywhere else.... There are enough trolls here to keep me occupied.......come on.... someone was going to say it!
Lurker
0 likes
blowjob-puke stories

manga-octopus sex

elephant-ant, May-December romances
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Not really a genre of any note, but those sexual virgins who attempt to create erotic fiction, concocting all manner of acts which in reality are so far from the realm of plausibility.

We gotta create a genre for those.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by angelica8997
I think it's the one with the cannibal and the aliens.

Those are actually fairly common on other sites..