How Many Famous Stories?

last reply
104 replies
13.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This was just brought to my attention by Peter_Pan.

I have 17 (seventeen) stories here that are "Famous"; that is, with more than 30,000 views each.
Is this very high? Do any other folks have more "Famous" stories than this?

My series, "How I Became the Family Slut", has 10 chapters. ALL of them are "Famous";
three of them have over 100,000 views each.

I'm sure there must be many other folks at Lush who have even more impressive stats.
It would be fun to know who they are.

You've been a bad girl! Now take your pajamas off and go to my room!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, that went over like a lead balloon. Maybe it sounded arrogant. Sorry. sad
You've been a bad girl! Now take your pajamas off and go to my room!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Buddybear
Well, that went over like a lead balloon. Maybe it sounded arrogant. Sorry. sad

I didn't see this until now!

I would like to see the stats for this, too. I presume one particular category might have more Famous stories than others, and it's not one I want to know about, personally. But I would like to see people proud of their work, so please feel free to share!

It would be interesting to see which categories have the most Famous, which is most Famous overall, and which authors are in the top five with a single Famous story.

I'm sure some person who twiddles statistical knobs can find out, but do feel free to share with regards to your own work. If one of mine ever gets a Famous ranking, I'll... I don't know. But I'll be well-chuffed.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
YEAH THATS IMPRESSIVE! I have two stories in a race to see who makes it to 4000 first. I couldn't imagine having as much success as you. Very nice, CONGRATS! It would be interesting to see the breakdown among categories...a couple people told me I should write something for a specific category because they were very popular but my stories have been based around specific characters that wouldn't be in those specific situations.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I would like to see the stats for this, too. I presume one particular category might have more Famous stories than others, and it's not one I want to know about, personally. But I would like to see people proud of their work, so please feel free to share!

It would be interesting to see which categories have the most Famous, which is most Famous overall, and which authors are in the top five with a single Famous story.

I'm sure some person who twiddles statistical knobs can find out, but do feel free to share with regards to your own work. If one of mine ever gets a Famous ranking, I'll... I don't know. But I'll be well-chuffed.

I agree. But, I would love to see a breakdown by category. That would be interesting.

Congratulations on your success!!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Wow, that's a lot Buddy. I don't know if anyone will be able to top that! Congrats!

I have eight so far.

The breakdown:

Hardcore - 1
Reluctance - 3
Taboo - 2
Group Sex - 1
Anal - 1

I have one that recently hit over 100,000 clicks (in the Taboo category with a 'cheating' theme). That's a damn hard number to hit! lol

I agree, the stats Shylass mentioned would be interesting to see as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buddybear
This was just brought to my attention by Peter_Pan.
I have 17 (seventeen) stories here that are "Famous"; that is, with more than 30,000 views each.
Is this very high? Do any other folks have more "Famous" stories than this?

Let me guess, how many of those are in the 'Incest' category?

Like peasants in Blackadder, those only count in the case of a tie.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Bloody good going Buddy, WOW!
Congrats
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Agreed...

It is interesting though and I'd be interested to see the stats myself. I don't have any famous stories either...
Lurker
0 likes
I have one famous story and it's in the I-word section, there's another of mine which is in the MILF section and it's got 27-odd K views, linked in my forum signature. I'd like that one to be more famous, but I don't really mind if it is.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I have 4 Famous Stories. 3 are in Group Sex and 1 is in Anal. I have 5 other stories over 20,000 and hopefully heading toward Famous Story.

Congrats to Dancing_Doll for hitting 100,000. That's really great!

I suggest a new Badge called Legendary Stories for 100,000 views.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Thanks, Buz! That one story has currently been favorited by 143 Lushies too. Funny thing, of all the stories I've written I didn't really expect that one to be so popular. Guess you never can tell...

Congrats on your rapidly growing list of famous stories too! That's outstanding! smile
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Agreed...

It is interesting though and I'd be interested to see the stats myself. I don't have any famous stories either...

You've got one over that's over 22,000, which is less than a year old, so you'll be there in no time.

Congrats to everyone with famous stories, especially if they're not in the I-train category. That really is a huge achievement.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I have 4 Famous Stories. 3 are in Group Sex and 1 is in Anal. I have 5 other stories over 20,000 and hopefully heading toward Famous Story.

I suggest a new Badge called Legendary Stories for 100,000 views.

I think that's an awesome idea, Buz!!

You've got one over that's over 22,000, which is less than a year old, so you'll be there in no time.

Congrats to everyone with famous stories, especially if they're not in the I-train category. That really is a huge achievement.

Ha thank you CG! Curtseys

I guess it'll get there one of these days!
Princess Blondie
0 likes
I'm new to writing and have four published items. Three of them are poems, and don't have a lot of views.

The one and only story I have is in BDSM and has 2,122 views. I thought that was a lot! It did make "Story pick for" and I thought that was swell. I was over the moon.

I kind of don't anymore seeing everyone else's views.......
†Jinxy Approved†

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Jinxy
I'm new to writing and have four published items. Three of them are poems, and don't have a lot of views.

The one and only story I have is in BDSM and has 2,122 views. I thought that was a lot! It did make "Story pick for" and I thought that was swell. I was over the moon.

I kind of don't anymore seeing everyone else's views.......

Over two thousand people read your story! Just because other, more experienced writers have more views on some stories than you, it does not lessen the achievement of getting yourself published and read!

If you saw some of the stories that don't get published, you would feel proud of your own hard work and efforts!

It can take a lot of time to build up a readership, develop skills, and grow as an author. Be proud of getting this far, and hold your head up high! You deserve to. Some authors I know have been over the moon just to know one person bothered to read their first story (I was!). I have screen shots of my comments and when I managed to make it onto the story picks. I am that daft. I now have a story that stands at over 25,000 views. That one only managed it because of a yellow ribbon. I do wonder what the attraction of a spanking story was, which now stands at over 19,900.

My goal when I started writing was for just one person to enjoy it. My goal now is that the people I care about enjoy it, and I stretch myself in the skills I have as a writer. Maybe views don't count so much as the opinion of one or a small few people we respect? I feel that way, anyway.

I would ask yourself, what do you hope to achieve through your writing? Anything else is a bonus, in my opinion.

I'd still like to see the stats, though. Any statistical knob twiddlers online tonight?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
The Linebacker
0 likes
Give stories time. Sometimes it takes a year or two for a very popular story to hit Famous Story status. And many of the most excellent stories go somewhat undetected by the masses.
Sophisticate
0 likes
There are many good writers here and some who are less talented. Some writers add dozens of friends and promote themselves continually to heighten their profile on the site and gain recognition for their work. Others do not. Some have found a niche (that will remain unspecified here) to write about that turns on a certain segment of the readers here.

What you have to understand is that you can only write to the best of your ability and continue to learn and grow as a writer. If you have done that and there are a number of people who have read your work and liked it you have succeeded.

I congratulate DD on her achieving this number and all of the other talented Lush writers who amass high numbers. Their work was written not with the number of views in mind, but in an effort to tell a good story and write it well. The rest is icing on the cake.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
As Principessa said, I wouldn't get too hung up on number of views as being the major determinant of success. There are so many factors that can increase or stall clickers/readers. I've posted stories that have crept along really slowly and others that blew out of the gate with big view numbers right away. Sometimes it's impossible to predict. I also agree that it takes some time to build a name and most of the famous stories out there have been around for at least a year as well.

I actually like to look at the number of times a story hits someone's favorites list. I'll look at my own tallies for my writing portfolio and see what stories have resonated more than others to get a better idea of where I've done well and where I've fallen flat. And - as someone else said - the comments can be pure gold in terms of getting that boost and feeling good about what we've put out there.
Princess Blondie
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
Over two thousand people read your story! Just because other, more experienced writers have more views on some stories than you, it does not lessen the achievement of getting yourself published and read!

If you saw some of the stories that don't get published, you would feel proud of your own hard work and efforts!

It can take a lot of time to build up a readership, develop skills, and grow as an author. Be proud of getting this far, and hold your head up high! You deserve to. Some authors I know have been over the moon just to know one person bothered to read their first story (I was!). I have screen shots of my comments and when I managed to make it onto the story picks. I am that daft. I now have a story that stands at over 25,000 views. That one only managed it because of a yellow ribbon. I do wonder what the attraction of a spanking story was, which now stands at over 19,900.

My goal when I started writing was for just one person to enjoy it. My goal now is that the people I care about enjoy it, and I stretch myself in the skills I have as a writer. Maybe views don't count so much as the opinion of one or a small few people we respect? I feel that way, anyway.

I would ask yourself, what do you hope to achieve through your writing? Anything else is a bonus, in my opinion.

I'd still like to see the stats, though. Any statistical knob twiddlers online tonight?

You made me smile with this comment back. Thank you, and you're right. You're a very sweet person. I write because I want too. I have to be inspired, I don't write as easily as others and that's fine, I just do what's right for me. I'm so proud of myself, and thank you for reminding me that I should be! I also did a screen shot, did it as my "blog" for a few days, I was that pleased with myself.

Thank you smile
†Jinxy Approved†

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I have one story with over 30,000 views - and it's not an "incest" story, so I think we agreed that counts double, right? ;)

But it does have the magic word "Schoolgirl" in the title, so that probably helped.

I must admit that (being a bit of an attention whore) I noticed that incest stories got a lot of reads, and deliberately wrote one just to see if I could get lots too. Of course, it didn't do as well as those of other writers, and a couple of my regular readers commented that it wasn't up to my usual standard. So I learnt a lesson from that - just write what you enjoy, and hopefully others will sense your sincerity and enjoy them too.

But I must admit I do still check my stats...so I'm not totally cured sad

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie
I have one story with over 30,000 views - and it's not an "incest" story, so I think we agreed that counts double, right? ;)

But it does have the magic word "Schoolgirl" in the title, so that probably helped.

I must admit that (being a bit of an attention whore) I noticed that incest stories got a lot of reads, and deliberately wrote one just to see if I could get lots too. Of course, it didn't do as well as those of other writers, and a couple of my regular readers commented that it wasn't up to my usual standard. So I learnt a lesson from that - just write what you enjoy, and hopefully others will sense your sincerity and enjoy them too.

But I must admit I do still check my stats...so I'm not totally cured sad

Giving away trade secrets Annie?
Thinking about it, that is a magic word...
giggles
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by principessa
There are many good writers here and some who are less talented. Some writers add dozens of friends and promote themselves continually to heighten their profile on the site and gain recognition for their work. Others do not. Some have found a niche (that will remain unspecified here) to write about that turns on a certain segment of the readers here.

What you have to understand is that you can only write to the best of your ability and continue to learn and grow as a writer. If you have done that and there are a number of people who have read your work and liked it you have succeeded.

I congratulate DD on her achieving this number and all of the other talented Lush writers who amass high numbers. Their work was written not with the number of views in mind, but in an effort to tell a good story and write it well. The rest is icing on the cake.

This!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I like this thread. It made me look at my views to see how they are doing. It does seem that incest makes the biggest views. My Story “My Family Secret, Who Knew – Part one” is in the lead for 30,000 views coming in at 22,580 views. I’d like to have a famous story and seems it will be an incest one the first time.

Some of my stories have a LOT of views, at least to my standards. Anything that goes over 5,000 views makes me happy. It is hard with all the stories that come out to get a lot of views. My views have gone down in the past maybe two months because there are SO many Author’s now.

There is nothing wrong with having a lot of Author’s, I’m glad to see so many. It does make it hard to reach personal goals of getting like famous stories though.

I do think we should have a special badge for ones that get over 100,000 mark, like someone suggested. That’s incredible!!!!! Way to go, Ash.
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by HotBttmInBriefs
Someone mentioned how often their story has been favorited? How do you find that into?

I haven't learned all the ins and outs of things yet.

Under your profile bio you will see "Favourite Stories" where your faves are listed (assuming you have some). On the same line there is a link which will take you to a list of the members who have chosen your stories as their favourites.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HotBttmInBriefs
Someone mentioned how often their story has been favorited? How do you find that into?

I haven't learned all the ins and outs of things yet.

Favourite Stories Haineko's story followers »

Click on Story followers.

I don't have any famous stories yet, probably due to the fact I only have 1 story and 2 poems up so far. My story has only been up for 8 day and already has 11,433 views though so who knows it might happen soon.

and yes it is in that section
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well done for those that have received a Famous Story badge, regardless of which section it's in.

I tend to put more stock into the amount of views more than what others would.
Usually friends will vote high and leave lovely comments so going by comments and votes, in my experience, it's been great.
But not everyone leaves a comment. And not everyone will vote. But I do seem to get a fair amount of traffic over the most of my stories.
The ones I've enjoyed writing the most don't always have the highest votes or most comments but they do have high views.
Maybe not Famous Story badge worthy but still a good indicator. At least for me.

To grab someone's attention enough to click your story with either the section, tags, short intro or title is a bit of a win in my eyes.

So good on you for getting a Famous Story badge. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
But not everyone leaves a comment.

No choice when they vote on one of my stories

I have it set up if you vote you have to leave a comment