Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Lights Off Sex - Why do some women prefer it?

last reply
66 replies
7.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Lights Off Sex - Why do some women prefer it?

48 votes remaining
Partner is a fatty / unattractive physically (3 votes) 6%
Self-conscious about her body (40 votes) 83%
Thinks sex is something to be ashamed of (0 votes) 0%
Has something to hide (tattoo / scar / birthmark) (0 votes) 0%
She liked fantasising about someone else (5 votes) 10%
Turning off one sense, heightens the others (14 votes) 29%
You can let the freak out easier in the dark (5 votes) 10%
She was born pre 1940 (0 votes) 0%
Other (specify) (4 votes) 8%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was listening to Interpol earlier (track below), and a line in there reminded me of an ex of mine, who always preferred the lights off during sex.

She wouldn't tell me why. In the end, I figured it out (nothing to do with my physical traits).

My question, why do you think some women prefer the lights out during sex? What's the most common cause?

A poll is attached, please vote.

Lurker
0 likes
I used to be one of those ladies. I had a terrible hang-up with my body image after having children. Over the years, I began to focus more on my assets instead of my flaws.

I've talked with a few friends on this topic.... a lot of women have trouble seeing their beauty comes from within rather than their outward appearance.

I think though, even if I had a perfect body, I would still prefer either moonlight or candlelight. I think subdued lighting adds to the sensuality of lovemaking.
Matriarch
0 likes
Mood lighting is good, I haven't had sex in the total dark (inside the house at least) ever I think.

It's probably a self-confidence issue I'd guess.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A lot of my sex has happened in daylight however I feel as people above about mood lighting.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd guess the most common reason would be self conscience, I also enjoy the Romanic and sensual feeling it gives. Everyone looks a like sexier in candle light.

Though I prefer morning sunrise to moonlight.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
If she asks me not to turn on the lights or to turn them off...and it's our first time, I have no issues at all with following through with her request. On occasion I've enjoyed lights out sex myself.

I will have already known what she looks like - clothed or semi-clothed, and I'm a not bad judge of visual clues according to what I like or not.

Change of pace isn't a bad thing. Besides, it does tend (after our eyes become accustomed to the darkness) to allow us to use and enjoy our other heightened tactile senses a bit differently.

I wouldn't devote too many brain cycles into the various whys and why nots she may have in her own psyche for keeping the lights off all the time, if she and I were to constantly hook up and she desired the lights out scenario all the time.

Hell, we're still getting laid, right Plow?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
If she asks me not to turn on the lights or to turn them off...and it's our first time, I have no issues at all with following through with her request. On occasion I've enjoyed lights out sex myself.

I will have already known what she looks like - clothed or semi-clothed, and I'm a not bad judge of visual clues according to what I like or not.

Change of pace isn't a bad thing. Besides, it does tend (after our eyes become accustomed to the darkness) to allow us to use and enjoy our other heightened tactile senses a bit differently.

I wouldn't devote too many brain cycles into the various whys and why nots she may have in her own psyche for keeping the lights off all the time, if she and I were to constantly hook up and she desired the lights out scenario all the time.

Hell, we're still getting laid aren't we, Plow?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As philosophical as ever WMM!

Thanks for the replies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Um, because in the darkness, everything can feel like it's "about 8 inches"? smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Mood lighting

"Turning off one sense, heightens the others"
Your sense of smell, touch, taste ~
~Crystal; PM Me.?
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
If in the middle of the night is considered lights off .... then that is the only time for me.

Otherwise, I like to see!!
Classified
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Unfortunately for many ladies this would be the case as opposed to pretending it is George Cloonney!

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Either she finds YOU unattractive, or she finds herself unattractive....or perhaps she's feeling self-conscious or even shy. I've had lights out sex for all of these reasons.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
so the guy doesn't wake up and see what she's doing with his wife?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Maybe she has cat vision. She can see but you can't. Have you ever thought about that? I thought not.

What's cool is to do some reflective body paints and then leave on one ultraviolet light. That is one fun eerie scene for some sex and very entertaining!
Lurker
0 likes
When prefer lights off because the dumb fucker as an ugly cock. I'm allowed to sat cock after 6pm but dick before
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally, there are a hundred reasons why I would opt for lights out sex or mood lighting sex as many of them have already been outlined above. That's not to say I haven't or don't enjoy lights on or daylight sex which can be equally as hot but at my age, I can use all the mood lighting I can get, lol! At the end of the day, we're still both getting laid so why over think it? Just relax and enjoy the ride.
Classified
0 likes
Quote by BelleduJour
Personally, there are a hundred reasons why I would opt for lights out sex or mood lighting sex as many of them have already been outlined above. That's not to say I haven't or don't enjoy lights on or daylight sex which can be equally as hot but at my age, I can use all the mood lighting I can get, lol! At the end of the day, we're still both getting laid so why over think it? Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Do not exaggerate your self awareness too much, (however natural), and underestimate your real physical as well as mental attributes.
The expressive mind, a twinkle in the eyes, one posses so much sexual potency.
Real women will always leave Barbie in the dark.

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Mood lighting is good, I haven't had sex in the total dark (inside the house at least) ever I think.

That's how you lose an eye!
Lurker
0 likes
Indeed sex in daylight is quite alright.... but I too really love mood lighting. It really isn't so much about not seeing her, or us, but about making the world melt away and it is ONLY us. We can see enough to enjoy each other, but the world melts away.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do feel more sexually adventurous at night or when the room is darker. I don't know if it is the mystery or seduction of the scene but it just seem hot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Could it be she's concerned about the electric bill?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't have body conscious issues, but somewhere between light and dark is sensual. Daytime sex with the curtains drawn and candles flickering is 'kinda wierd' - I guess I like 'kinda wierd.'
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
If it's day, then the lights don't need to be "on" anyway, if it's night why would you go out of your way to turn them on? Unless they are already on. Though if the bed (if that is where you are) is under the light, it can glare in your eyes. I know mine does. I don't even masturbate with the light on for this reason. I usually have my eyes open, and the odds are the light will glare into my eyes. How annoying.
Lurker
0 likes
Isn't it for the same reason they sometimes have to use a magnifying glass and tweezers? lol
Clever Gem
0 likes
I like to see everything. How ever that works I don't care. Everyone has insecurities, but to be honest, in the blur of the rawrrrr , i'm not thinking about how I look, I'm in the moment.
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Mood lighting is always nice as is music appropriate for the activity. Just depends on the situation and feeling at the time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
a little black light ...und a few hits ..or drinks .......fine for me ....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sight is probably the least important sense when it comes to sex. Reducing visual stimulus can heighten the other, more important senses.

Sex shops sell a lot more blindfolds than they do ear plugs
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks like I have an extra post here.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber