Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Where do you sit on the Kinsey scale?

last reply
76 replies
10.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes

What value below best describes your sexuality?

161 votes remaining
0: Completely straight (42 votes) 26%
1: Little attraction to same sex (37 votes) 23%
2: More same-sex attraction than 1 (61 votes) 38%
3: Even attraction to both sexes/genders (43 votes) 27%
4: More opposite-sex attraction than 5 (24 votes) 15%
5: Little attraction to the opposite sex (16 votes) 10%
6: Completely gay (7 votes) 4%
Not sure/varies. (3 votes) 2%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A post in another thread reminded me of this scale, and I mentioned it in the other thread. This got me to wondering where the Lush community sat on this scale. It was developed by a sex researcher named Kinsey, who worked out of Indiana University-Bloomington. The scale is self-measured, so there's no test to take to find out where you sit.

On the actual Kinsey scale, there isn't a "Not sure" option, but I included that here because I know I'm not entirely sure.
0 likes
I'll bite. Based on current feelings, I'll say I'm a 2.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have a question - does the Kinsey scale look at purely physical/sexual attraction?

The reason I ask is that I find my interest in the same sex differs on sexual attraction/desire vs. emotional/romantic attraction. If it was strictly physical desire, I'd rate myself as a 2, but when it comes to desire for a romantic relationship I'm pretty much straight. It's that sex vs love differentiation, but maybe Kinsey's scale is based purely on the physical?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Whether it be sexual attraction/desire vs. emotional/romantic attraction, I feel neither towards my own sex. I guess that makes me a big fat zero hahahahaha!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I look at it from a physical attraction or desire to have sex with point of view, Im pretty much even, maybe slightly more attracted to my own sex. If I look at it from a relationship point of view, than I favor my own sex. I guess men have just done me wrong too many times to ever again trust one completley.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I have a question - does the Kinsey scale look at purely physical/sexual attraction?

The reason I ask is that I find my interest in the same sex differs on sexual attraction/desire vs. emotional/romantic attraction. If it was strictly physical desire, I'd rate myself as a 2, but when it comes to desire for a romantic relationship I'm pretty much straight. It's that sex vs love differentiation, but maybe Kinsey's scale is based purely on the physical?

good points, Doll. i would probably rate myself differently depending upon the answer to that as well. my physical desire for men is higher then my desire for a relationship with them. hmmm... oh, i voted #5 btw.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Probably a 2 in real life but based on fantasies would be a 6
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure I'm liking being labelled a "zero" on any scale - sort of offends my over-inflated ego. Oh well.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
0 likes
Good points by Sprite and Doll. I can't say for sure if I would develop a romantic relationship with a man, only that I desire a physical one. Now that I think about it more based on these comments, that's likely why I decided that I lean towards the straight end of the spectrum. Sex with a guy would be more likely a "fling" while sex with a woman is more likely to lead to something deeper.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a satisfied, happy zero smile
Lurker
0 likes
ZERO MrLosAngeles - I'd love to be a zero with you!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

That's a good question. Here's a link to an article that explains the Kinsey scale a little better.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
If it was strictly physical desire, I'd rate myself as a 2, but when it comes to desire for a romantic relationship I'm pretty much straight.

^
~Crystal; PM Me.?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I'm with you on that dude. romantics is with the opposite sex for me.
Lurker
0 likes
I voted a (2).

I consider myself straight, yet I have had sex with other men. I've never had A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP with a man, and indeed, the handful of men I've been sexual with would ALL have defined themselves as straight and yet...

Things happened...

In my own case, I confess that ACTUAL SEXUAL CONTACT with another man never really aroused me in the visceral way that a woman invariably does, BUT THAT SAID, I did experience a desire to pleasure another pretty person, and I did. And I enjoyed it and I have no qualms about talking about it.

So, am I really bisexual?

Well, no, I don't believe I am. I AM someone who will surrender to a sensual whim if I'm in that moment. I DO find some men almost INEXPLICABLY attractive, Not Necessarily Sexually so, but obviously that element is there. To this day, John Cameron Mitchell makes me flutter nervously and though I've no desire to fuck him... (AT LEAST I DON'T THINK SO!) I do think he's GORGEOUS and I wish he was a friend of mine!!!! (Laughs!)

I DO think it's so much easier, given the society we live in, for WOMEN to confess these explorations of feelings than it is for men. Not one of my girlfriends has EVER been remotely bothered by the fact that I too have sucked cock. SEVERAL of my male friends have been totally shocked and indeed threatened by it. I don't really understand why that is.

xx Steph.

(Just realized that I just totally compromised myself since I work here under a GIRL'S NAME!!!!!! *Laughs!*)
Head Nurse
0 likes
I am a pretty solid 2. I think girls are lovely, fun, soft, and tons of fun. I like to play and fun with them. But, at the end of the day, I'm going home with a man.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know which men are attractive but I don't want to shag them. I think that makes me a 1?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Voted number 1 here. I just have a slight interest in the opposite sex, nothing major smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Im a 3. give me cock or pussy i don't care.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I sit somewhere between a 2 and a 3...I love the feel of a cock in my mouth almost as much as I love eating pussy. If I can have both at once, I am truly in heaven!
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I have my own scales that are accurate so I dont need Kinsey's
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OMG , I read the choices this test Provided me..& then scored myself with the proper selection....

Upon completing the test, I was over looking my score... W.T.F. I scored a ZERO, (0 ) Does this mean that eye failed the test?

Of all the tests I've taken in the past one needed to score at least a 75% to pass..(-:
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2...unless the other party is a very sexy T-Girl, then I am all up for that! LOL
The Linebacker
0 likes
While I am a 0 on the Kinsey scale, I am still very comfortable being around gay guys. I just have no sexual attraction at all in that direction.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Quote by LOVES4PLAY
OMG , I read the choices this test Provided me..& then scored myself with the proper selection....

Upon completing the test, I was over looking my score... W.T.F. I scored a ZERO, (0 ) Does this mean that eye failed the test?

Of all the tests I've taken in the past one needed to score at least a 75% to pass..(-:

Which Eye the left or right????
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If the weak hand, that has recorded this tale, has, by its scenes, beguiled the mourner of one hour of sorrow, or, by its moral, taught him to sustain it - the effort, however humble, has not been vain, nor is the writer unrewarded.
Lurker
0 likes
I've never met a guy in real life that I find attractive, but if I'm being honest, the thought doesn't completely turn me off either if thinking about someone who is extremely attractive... so a 1? Maybe?

Romantically = 0
Lurker
0 likes
If we're talking about purely physical attraction I'm a 3

On emotional attraction I'm a 1
Lurker
0 likes
I am probably a 2. I have no interest in a romantic relationship with a guy but would love to get a cock in my mouth.