Driving in heels

last reply
86 replies
11.4k views
1 watcher
6 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was wanting to know when you drive in heels is it hard. What heels are easer to drive in?
Her Royal Spriteness
1 like
this is what i normally wear when driving around town.

serious answer, tho, no, it's not hard if you're used to doing it - that said, if i've an extreme heel on, i'll kick them off and drive barefoot, just to be on the safe side or throw on some sneakers (i keep a pair of converse under the seat usually) and change in heels once i get to where i'm going.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by sprite

serious answer, tho, no, it's not hard if you're used to doing it - that said, if i've an extreme heel on, i'll kick them off and drive barefoot, just to be on the safe side or throw on some sneakers (i keep a pair of converse under the seat usually) and change in heels once i get to where i'm going.

^This^
Classified
0 likes
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Clever Gem
0 likes
Hand me my heels! I don't know how to effing Drive! I prefer to be driven.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It's not hard to drive in heels.

The most important piece of advice, however, is this - if the stem of your shoe heel is covered in leather, fabric or any kind of embellishment other than something very hard and durable, you run the risk of fucking up the back of that heel with repeated driving because of the angle of the shoe and direct-scuffing when manipulating the pedals. Be careful. I've wrecked some really beautiful shoes doing that. sad
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

The most important piece of advice, however, is this - if the stem of your shoe heel is covered in leather, fabric or any kind of embellishment other than something very hard and durable, you run the risk of fucking up the back of that heel with repeated driving because of the angle of the shoe and direct-scuffing when manipulating the pedals. Be careful. I've wrecked some really beautiful shoes doing that. sad

Same here. Still mourning the loss of a pair of pale suede heels from 15 years ago.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly

Same here. Still mourning the loss of a pair of pale suede heels from 15 years ago.

Good advice dd... Have also lost good shoes that way...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I am wearing an expensive pair of heels then somebody else better be driving me to wherever we are going.
Head Nurse
0 likes
I like to drive barefooted anyway...so I kick them off. But beware, that's technically illegal.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Sprite; on the just kickin' them off thing (if they're impeding your progress at the time) and I definitely agree with DancingDoll about being very careful as far as what kind of material said shoe is made of....that damn sure does suck a big one when the one (manipulating the pedals, as she said) favorite shoe/boot/heeled-type sandal gets all scuffed up...that's just a learning experience though, in my opinion. So yeah, just kick em off if ya can!! Right? lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Its not really hard to do, but this is what I usually do if I am driving in heels.

Quote by Dancing_Doll

And this is the main reason why!!
Lurker
0 likes
I almost always drive barefoot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't find it a problem if its only on quick excursion, however I do prefer comfy shoes for longer drives and gloves smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally, I hate to scuff the back of my heels up, so I always have an old pair of slip ons in the car, just in case.
Driving shoeless in NYS is illegal...also driving without a shirt on . . . Go figure.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like driving barefoot too. I don't think I have ever worn heels while driving, I have enough trouble walking in flat shoes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
If i had to drive in heels i would crash! i would either go bare foot, in my boots, or flip flops!
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I have never had a problem although I would never drive in ballet heels.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Pumps on the clutch, right hand on the 6 speed.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can drive in heels but have a hard time driving in platforms.
Lurker
0 likes
it doesn't make a difference to me..Heels or no heels love to drive..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't drive in heels. I prefer to wear flat shoes or no shoes at all while driving.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can drive in heels if the stem is not too thin but i drive much slower in heels and have to concentrate more so my foot doesn't lose balance.. best advice- keep a pair of driving shoes in the back seat and put them on when driving- then switch to heels when you get out of the car
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
For some reason I can't drive in heels, I will wear flats or sneakers until I get where I am going.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ive driven in heels goin down the road it was difficult at first but practice makes perfect....no spikes in truck, but wedge heels...can work.....and agree 100% hate the scuffs so either barefoot or slippers
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I feel that driving with anything than a firm to the feet and low heel shoes it's not comfortable and probably unlawful somewhere. Not to mention if a dangerous situation should arise and you need quick several brake and accelerations. It could just save your life, not to have them on.

If you wish to drive in heels just drive the car that Frank showed. It's stylish, it's red. It's a Lamborghini of a heel.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
I love wearing high heels, but never driving in them. Barefoot of a pair of flat driving shoes that live under the seat of my own car
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They are probably more unsafe to walk in than they are to drive in. These damn sexy heels got me bloody knees, but never been in an accident driving in them.