Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Guantanamo... still open? Options · View
Guest
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:12:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,397
LadyX wrote:


Correct. The willingness to bend to it hasn't slept in a long time either, sadly. Political courage isn't supposed to be easy. It's unfortunate to see the areas where our current president either doesn't have it or is unwilling to exercise it.


I'm one who loves it when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is my President. But I do wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I find that fault in a lot of Democrats (no backbone) whereas the Republicans are 180 degrees the other way. If they want something they dress it up to sell and if that don't work they shove it down our throats anyways. That's why I have to laugh whenever I hear Mitch McConnell or Boener begin everything with..."Americans want....blah5 blah5 blah5"
MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:40:24 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,141
Location: United States
latinfoxy wrote:
Lol i neither want or need to move you. And again you are trying to say i dont know about politics just because my opinion defers from yours. If you ask me insulting someones inteligence in the think tank its the lamest way to disagree with someone.


That's his favorite way of arguing. He's like Rush Limbaugh. He spins things, claims you said things you haven't, and then claims that you're just not intelligent enough to see why you're wrong. It's actually kinda funny, if you look at it the right way.

Monocle
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 4:43:10 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 300
MrNudiePants wrote:


That's his favorite way of arguing. He's like Rush Limbaugh. He spins things, claims you said things you haven't, and then claims that you're just not intelligent enough to see why you're wrong. It's actually kinda funny, if you look at it the right way.


Lies. But no surprise.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:21:16 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,397
Monocle wrote:


Lies. But no surprise.


Mrnudie putting this down is hilarious. It's the perfect description of what he does on regular basis...tho he'll never see it.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:43:57 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,397
LadyX wrote:


None of that relates to Obama's authority to release or transfer those prisoners, which is independent of congressional pressure.


Thought that I would revisit this forum since the party of "Hell No" has once again stopped Obama's attempt to close Guantanamo. This is the same party that said they wanted it closed...right? It's why I say that Obama should go on record sometime around November and advise people not to eat yellow snow.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:31:28 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Kristind wrote:


Thought that I would revisit this forum since the party of "Hell No" has once again stopped Obama's attempt to close Guantanamo. This is the same party that said they wanted it closed...right? It's why I say that Obama should go on record sometime around November and advise people not to eat yellow snow.


You're absolutely right, and I was absolutely wrong, about the reality of power here, and the fallacy that he could just close the prison unilaterally. The one thing I will mention is that it's of course more complicated than just congressional GOP obstruction, but they obviously aren't helping matters along LOL.

Never having opened that place to begin with would definitely be a worthwhile time-machine venture. :(
Guest
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 2:13:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,397
LadyX wrote:
Never having opened that place to begin with would definitely be a worthwhile time-machine venture. :(


I concur 100%. I still say Obama should go on record sometime around November and advise people not to eat yellow snow.
SyrianGurl
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:01:29 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2011
Posts: 102
Location: Damascus, Syria
its open because they cant release those people. Send them home and the courts wont try them, they will go back to their old ways. Cant take them to the US because no US Senator would commit political suicide and let accused terrorists in his voting jurisdiction. So they keep them in the American Gulag... and you know what? thats fine with me. there are enough terrorists fucks out there already.
SITTING
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:45:09 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/11/2011
Posts: 712
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
SyrianGurl wrote:
its open because they cant release those people. Send them home and the courts wont try them, they will go back to their old ways. Cant take them to the US because no US Senator would commit political suicide and let accused terrorists in his voting jurisdiction. So they keep them in the American Gulag... and you know what? thats fine with me. there are enough terrorists fucks out there already.


Some of them are cleared for release i.e. THEY ARE NOT A THREAT!

http://www.highlandernews.org/9382/the-torture-of-innocents-at-guantanamo-is-reprehensible/
Guest
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:40:58 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,397
Oh the time machine. From geopolitical to wall street sensual. Why give up such luscious real estate? There are countless, I mean countless of Cubans, in Miami that will seek re-establishment with their past seizures. Why not hold your claim?
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.