Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Breast feeding in public. Options · View
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:22:41 PM

liknlow wrote:
PPL need to stop being so sensitive about breast feeding in public. It's natural and for the ones who complain should know they were breast feed in public so grow up.

Pissing and shitting is natural too. Just sayin

sprite
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:00:28 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Pissing and shitting is natural too. Just sayin

don't lie to me and tell me you never took a piss in public, Jack. we all know better. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:18:31 PM

sprite wrote:

don't lie to me and tell me you never took a piss in public, Jack. we all know better. :)

I have yeah... But I shouldn't have to hide it. It's natural GODDAMMIT!

LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:36:06 PM

breastfeed discreetly... everyone should think it is natural... it is easier and more healthy than having to carry a bottle around that you have to keep cool.

after a while moms get tired of being the dinner wagon though. the first time your child lifts your shirt up in the grocery store because they are hungry breastfeeding becomes a little less convenient.

beky
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:38:28 PM

The reason most people find if offensive is because breasts are looked upon as a "sexual item" in our day and age. Very rarely are they actually looked at as they are. A way of feeding infants.

Its natural. Its better for babies physically, and mentally. Better for mom. (Yes breastfeeding DOES in fact reduce breast cancer.) All around a grand thing!

My thought behind feeding a child in public WITHOUT a cover? If you have a problem with it. Go put a blanket over your head so you can't see it. Because I don't care if you are "uncomfortable" with a little cleavage shown in a un-sexual way.

Last little thought..... But if they weren't meant to be convenient wouldn't our boobs be on our backs or knees?

Naughty_Nurse
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:01:14 PM

I used to breast feed both my kids in public.
To me it felt better to cover my boobies, so nobody could see them and it felt more intimate with my child that way.
I find it a completaly natural thing to do.

My newest story: Monica's Birthday turns into an unexpected orgy

Lessons from a Naugthy Nurse: Scott learns all about oral sex from his nurse
NI_Chick
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:39:55 AM

I breastfed by youngest in public. Even fed her in a pub when at a party. I always wore two tops, the under tops was one i could pull down along with my bra to let baby suck and the over top was always a loose or baggy one so that i could pop her underneath and keep what we were doing private. It natural and would recommend any woman doing it. Dont agree however with the ladies that just whip all out without covering up. Respect yourselves abit ladies.
mattguize
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:35:13 AM

It's just part of life. Nothing really worth getting upset about. To be honest, being in the UK, I've not come across any opposition to it.
tango48
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:40:46 AM

natural way to feed children - like natural, all natures creations do it.
i would appreciate a shawl or such to cover the act, but if not, so be it.
HOWEVER in some countries it is socially unacceptable to do it in public, so to each their way - let the child get the natural nutrition the natural way!

if, 'to be or not to be' is the question - then how is E=MC^2?
Milly
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:50:25 AM

It's perfectly natural and women shouldn't have to cover up if they don't want to.

I wish mothers could feel more comfortable about feeding their babies in public.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:33:03 AM

I really don't give a damn about it. Breast feeding in public is natural and beautiful to. My sister-in-law does it all the time.
jollylolly
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 10:02:20 AM

I don't get why it's a problem for anyone? I breastfed both mine in public and never noticed the slightest negativity from people around me.
bejeweled
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 10:21:08 AM

I bottle fed both of my boys....they grew up extremely healthy and added bonus my doobs still look great....get a grip people...if we did everything that is natural just because then we would all be running around bare assed naked because its natural....now if you want to pop out a boob in public and let another person suck, pull, and otherwise abuse it in a wholely non sexual way then go for it.... but I made a different choice and I don't have a single regret....but if you want to breastfeed in public then please cover it up...the boob shot is fine but I really don't want to see it....lol...
jollylolly
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 10:29:28 AM

I never judged or criticized any mother who didn't breastfeed, and the reason why no one ever complained about my breastfeeding in public is because I did it discreetly. If some stranger scolded me and told me to cover up up though, it would probably encourage me to do the opposite.
ineedfun1
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 10:49:25 AM

I can't understand what all the fuss is adults eat in public why not babies.
nazhinaz
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:37:59 AM

purpleshade wrote:
I've travelled to countries where breasting a child is considered totally natural; nobody even pays any attention when the mother exposes her nipple.

In Britain, the attitude is totally different; breast feeding in public is, almost, seen as a crime, a moral outrage even.

How do you feel about this?

I have myself witnessed a girl (appox. 25 years of age), breast feeding her child at British Museum London) with hundreds if not thousands walking and watching her boob as she was feeding.
Metilda
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:03:06 PM

My view comes from my PERSONAL comfort level - I was and am uncomfortable with the idea of nursing in public where others can see me. It's a messy, time consuming venture. I was always much more comfortable finding privacy and doing it where others couldn't see me. I was uncomfortable with others seeing me. I could care less if they were comfortable with it or not - it's not about them, it was about me, my comfort, and the baby's needs. I felt best suited to deal with whatever happened in private, when people weren't scrutinizing me.

Did the baby go hungry? No.

I'd avoid being away from the home if it was near the baby's feeding time. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid (like - being stuck in traffic on the way home.) Sometimes the child doesn't eat in a timely fashion. I always made the effort to block people's views such as when I was in traffic and pulled off the side of the road - put a blanket in the window - and nursed.

Other times, if at a store, I'd go to the dressing room and nurse there.

I have four children - and so finding privacy also made it possible for me to keep a hand on them while I nursed. I've been a stay at home mom for years AND my husband was deployed when our youngest was born, so I was with the kids - alone. It just made it so much easier.

Nursing is fantasized by some, it seems, to be this pretty, perfect, clean act. It's not.

Tits drip. (drip? Never mind that - mine GUSHED. I had to carry wash clothes with me and anchor that in my bra cup because the breast that wasn't being fed from just wouldn't shut off.)
The other kids run around and cry.
The baby vomits, falls asleep, and everything else.
Diapers get full.
I cry.
The baby cries.

For fucks sake - in my home I had to CARRY the baby WHILE nursing to deal with the kids or God knows what. I remember nursing, carrying the baby, and breaking up a fight or putting on a band aide numerous times. Parenting is a mix of balancing all the crazy crap kids throw at you - now matter what you're doing. I don't think plunking my butt on a public bench was within the realm of a sane idea. The kids would have run out into the street and some weirdo with a milking fetish would have jacked off behind the bushes. LOL

Thinking about it - even if I was comfortable doing it in public - it would have been the most pathetic display of nursing ever. I was exactly the opposite of what people imagine it is (apparently)

BamaFan78 wrote:

In America it can be taboo depending where in public you are, in this generation of over sensitive kids that are being sheltered and spoiled. But yet we have woman wearying see through bras for adds and such. The American Culture has gone a stray in the last decade or so causeing a lot of things to become taboo in our society. While other things are not. We have come a long way from our 50s way of thinking but the culture still has a long way to go.

We've gone astray?
Actually - the concept of covering VS not-covering has been in contention for centuries.

Per the Western cultural history of it - it stems from European views in the past in which it was considered 'low class' for women to expose their selves in public. Thus - the poor mothers (farmers, servants, etc) were the ones who did this. The 'higher class' women did not do this (if they nursed at all).

In the US we have a mixed culture - some people were raised in an environment where it didn't matter. Others were raised in which it mattered - and mattered a lot. Thus - we but heads. Society leans toward being conservative OR 'time and place' - and it seems that people just care the most when they cannot advert their selves from the situation. No one complain when a mom is on a bench in a park - everyone seems to cite when mothers do it around food: restaurants and grocery stores (as was my earlier comment)

In other cultures bodies are sexualized just as much. Just in different ways. My Anthropology teacher spent years living on Pullap (a Micronesian Island) - and they thought nothing of the breast, sexually, so most women went around topless unless they were farming tarro (a crop). However - it was the hips. The hips were sexualized so showing thigh/hip was SINFUL. In the same way we respond to indecent toplessness - they responded to a bit of hip.

When people disapprove of the sexualization of the breast in the US I get annoyed - I like the fact that we revere them in this manor. I think most American men and women approve of our view of the breast as a component in healthy sexuality and wouldn't want to exchange THAT for some occasional public nursing acceptance and braless, topless, old breasts every now and then.

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
AriOli101
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:00:38 PM

When I have kids, I'll breastfeed them.

And I won't stress over-much about covering up in public either.

The breast is FUNCTIONAL as a feeding method for a baby, it's just our society which has over-sexualiz(s?)ed it angry7 Go to Ghana, walk around, there are women breast-feeding babies all over the place. They're not stressed about covering up.

Nipples are seen and yes, you get the occasional lewd bloke make a comment (but they're generally drunk and it's THEY who get the filthy looks, not the woman!), but most people don't even give it a second glance.

Long story short, I see nothing wrong with it. I'd encourage it.

Make love not horcruxes! >^_^<

Check out my stories, you'd be surprised what I can do :)
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:28:55 PM

If a woman is interested in the child and not in being the center of attention then she will use a light cover. There is nothing wrong with feeding a child in public, there would be if the child was hungry and the mother didn't take care of the child. (Remember Kate with the 8 children? I remember a shot when she didn't think anyone was filming and one of her girls wanted a drink of water and after a long time the mother finally allowed someone to bring a bottle of water she took it and drink it instead. When she thought she could use those kids to get attention for herself she would.) When a woman pulls her tit out and shows it off and lets the child suck on it so everyone can see, it isn't being done for the child, but to get attention. "Look at me." Come on women use their breast to attract attention of the males. Some will say "it's natural" and it is. In some third world countries they still do things that we have outgrown. I mean a man has a penis and it is natural to take a piss. So it is ok for a man to pull it out in public and piss no matter where he is? In some countries they do, so is that an arguement for letting men do it here? If a woman is going to nurse, she will use a small towel to keep herself from being soaked along with her clothes and will make sure the baby is protected and warm, etc. But wipping out her boob in a crowd and making a show of feeding her baby it isn't the baby she is thinking about. It's herself.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 3:41:55 PM

I see nothing wrong with breast feeding in public. If your child is hungry you have to feed them or if your breasts are tender and need to be released of the milk then by all means do what you have to do. If anyone has a problem with it then they are very closed minded. It's been that way since the beginning of time. What is this world coming to when people start getting offended by something so natural.

In the words of Andrew Dice Clay, "I like it from the tap honey".........