My girlfriend's mother fucking hates me

last reply
22 replies
5.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Alright so this was the deal in 1978-1980... It's not happening now, but...

That woman was the very definition of Cold Fish... I dated her youngest daughter for almost 3 years and was never invited to a holiday or family dinner.

Hell, I was never invited inside the house...as in not through the fucking front door. I had their daughter home before the 11pm curfew, then before the midnight curfew...then (well she was at college the third year and there was no curfew - and by that time I didn't give a shit about the familial home...I wanted her room mate out of her dorm room on weekends).

So, Auntie...how do you deal with a parent who apparently doesn't like you, just because you aren't the guy she wants her daughter to be infatuated with?

ps...Me and the girl's father got along pretty well, but he didn't wear the pants in the family as he never invited me inside or out to his back deck either.

The mother even asked me on a phone call (around month 34 or so of us dating steadily)... "I hope you and Marilyn have never had..."

"No, Ma'am...your daughter and I have never......"

Yeah, I wasn't going to be a total asshole about the whole thing. "Your daughter and I invented about 7 new positions, Mrs Smith, you'd be a grandmother by now, except we both know you can't get pregnant by swallowing cum."

How do you deal with a parent who detests the very sight of you...while you're in love with their daughter (or son)?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not sure you can, the way I see it is this:

A) for some reason, your look, the fact that your dating their daughter/son, the way you talk, etc etc, something intrinsic about you has set them off and its unlikely that you will ever be able to change it satisfactorily to the point where they will like you.

B) something you did just offended them one day and unless you can figure out what it was and level with them they will either get over it eventually or hold a grudge and dislike you forever.

C) They don't like you because their new and they don't trust the new ones. Over time eventually they may warm up to you or may decide they don't like you.

Short of sucking up and really going way above and beyond I'm not sure you can ever make someone who doesn't like you change their mind.

I'm actually pretty curious as to what kind of response this thread will get. Think I'll watch this one.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've run into very few that didn't like me from the beginning. I don't suck up at all..I say things as I see em. The ones I initially had problems with eventually accepted me partly because: A) I would actually have intelligent conversations with them B) they eventually figured out the more they hated me, the wilder it would make their daughter fight back (which was a bonus in my favor). Quite often I would even point this out to them.

I was the quintessential 'bad boy' growing up yet still found that parents generally found my honest straight-forward approach refreshing somehow. I guess once they came to realize I wasn't intimidated by them (even one cop and a preacher), they would also see that I would stand up for their daughter in the same manner. Of course this only pertained to 'relationships', the ones I just had fun with once or twice and passed along were a different story completely. lol
Knowledge is nothing if not shared, with your slave, your community, and those wishing to enter into it. So I will continue to look for topics to give My opinion about, yes opinion.

*** Disclaimer ***
My way of thinking doesn't fit everyone, nor does anyone elses, it is not My intention to tell anyone else here how they must see or do things, as there are as many views of what "the life" means to people as there are people in it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

That woman was the very definition of Cold Fish... I dated her youngest daughter for almost 3 years and was never invited to a holiday or family dinner.

Hell, I was never invited inside the house...as in not through the fucking front door. I had their daughter home before the 11pm curfew, then before the midnight curfew...then (well she was at college the third year and there was no curfew - and by that time I didn't give a shit about the familial home...I wanted her room mate out of her dorm room on weekends).

So, Auntie...how do you deal with a parent who apparently doesn't like you, just because you aren't the guy she wants her daughter to be infatuated with?

ps...Me and the girl's father got along pretty well, but he didn't wear the pants in the family as he never invited me inside or out to his back deck either.

The mother even asked me on a phone call (around month 34 or so of us dating steadily)... "I hope you and Marilyn have never had..."

Yeah, I wasn't going to be a total asshole about the whole thing. "Your daughter and I invented about 7 new positions, Mrs Smith, you'd be a grandmother by now, except we both know you can't get pregnant by swallowing cum."

How do you deal with a parent who detests the very sight of you...while you're in love with their daughter (or son)?

Is your lovely avatar featuring the haircut you sported in 1978-1980? If so, then I feel the same as your girlfriend's mother about you. I doubt it is though, so I'll go on as if you managed to present yourself without a mudflap hairdo, and were otherwise well put together, or at least reasonably so.

I'll also set aside the reasons for her ire. Who knows what goulish things you might have done, or what she heard you did; the two are one and the same, really. This is especially true if you were in high school at the time; teenagers are vile creatures. And if you were older, and somebody told her you were a sex offender, then that would likely mean 'game over' from an approval standpoint, too. But you seem normal- wait, no you don't. But you don't seem like an evil predator to me, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

So, what can be done with this tuna on ice who will not give you the time of day?

You would truly wish to gain this person's approval, of course. Otherwise, needling her would be so much fun!

I'm afraid you know the answer, futile as it may turn out to be. Slowly, over time, being on your best behavior, making good choices and treating her daughter right, will at worst rob her of chances to reinforce her distaste for you. And at best, your 'body of work' will outstrip whatever preconceptions she might have had, and you simply wear her down. There is something subtly delightful about leaving somebody with no excuses to dislike you any longer. If they choose to spread the hate, they look like fools when asked the reasons why, and nothing solid can be offered.

Now, people choose irrational reasons for disliking people all the time. I'm as guilty of this as the next person. You know that you can't change someone else's mind if they've decided that they never will, but as the old-fashioned saying goes: living well is the best revenge. In this case, the same applies to treating your adversary's daughter like the queen that she is.
Lurker
0 likes
I hope it isn't because you spit on her genitals..oops, that's a different forum thread. As long as it's not happening now, what's the beef? Parents have all sorts of reasons to hate ANYONE who's taking their baby away, isn't good enough for them, etc etc. And you can't get into a "do you love me more than your parents?" b.s. game, because that's just wrong, too. Avoid confrontation, prove your worth and sometimes the 'rents come around to see you're not so bad after all.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by yourmisterdark
I hope it isn't because you spit on her genitals..oops, that's a different forum thread. As long as it's not happening now, what's the beef? Parents have all sorts of reasons to hate ANYONE who's taking their baby away, isn't good enough for them, etc etc. And you can't get into a "do you love me more than your parents?" b.s. game, because that's just wrong, too. Avoid confrontation, prove your worth and sometimes the 'rents come around to see you're not so bad after all.

No beef - now, just plenty of booze the other night - and besides, dark fellow, perhaps it is happening to someone else who may read this thread?

Thanks for the cogent & sober reply, Auntie! It's about beer:30 again!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

That can't be the only time a parent didn't like you... I mean I would be pretty annoyed if my daughter was all about wellmademale too... Can you imagine? wellmademale is dating your daughter? fuuuuck that.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

That can't be the only time a parent didn't like you... I mean I would be pretty annoyed if my daughter was all about wellmademale too... Can you imagine? wellmademale is dating your daughter? fuuuuck that.

or worse, what if Magical Felix was dating your daughter? holy fuck, i am SO not ever having kids now!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

or worse, what if Magical Felix was dating your daughter? holy fuck, i am SO not ever having kids now!

I usually have the moms totally fooled. Moms are easy. Moms love me.
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I usually have the moms totally fooled. Moms are easy. Moms love me.

Haha You can't fool all mothers Jack smile
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

I think she actually has a crush on you. She wants you to break up with her daughter (or son) so that she can have a hot sweaty extra-marital affair with you. She is hoping that if she really gets lucky you will also introduce her to Magical_Felix and y'all can have a rowdy assed manage-a-trois.

But seriously, I bet there was some milk-toast weenie of a guy that she has always hoped her daughter would date and/or marry. You came along and you were probably much more worldy, you'd been around, and you were dangerous competition to her plans for her daughter.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with Buz (when he was being serious lol.) I would say my mom is a lot like that sometimes, she has her plans and sometimes she doesn't like them challenged.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Olivia

Is your lovely avatar featuring the haircut you sported in 1978-1980? If so, then I feel the same as your girlfriend's mother about you.

Lurker
0 likes
You just keep standing your ground Well Made Male. And BTW I applaud your fashion sense. The mullet you're sporting in your avatar is a damn sight neater and I would purport that mother would not like anyone her daughter brings home.

There are far too many sheep in the world. Continue to call a spade a spade and
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well it's simple really.
All you need to do is wait until she is in the house on her own and then carefully set light to it.

Drive around the block and then crash through the front door declaring that you were 'just in the neighbourhood and spotted the flames' put out the fire and rescue her (together with any animals in the house at the time)
Even an old fish cannot resist a hero

Of course if you get delayed and are not 'just in the neighbourhood and spot the flames' then that is also problem solved
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lol when she asked that on the phone, you should've been like, "Really? You didn't hear her screaming in pleasure last night? Damn, you must be a heavy sleeper."
Lurker
0 likes
She sounds like an angry narcisisst..
Look it up online. Good luck.
0 likes
ok here is a mama's point of view

I don't like my son's gf

she is rude and never ever says hello to me

and she tells my son I intimidate her

(me good manners are good manners and if you cannot suck it up to your loved ones parents(for the few minutes you are with them) then you have to move on)

see she is a size zero and all she ever does is moan about her size zero body and the fact my son never takes her anywhere

so here is a bit of tough love

unless she is a total bitch and I am not saying she isn't..for we ALL have met people LIKE that!!

I doubt it is all HER fault

so I suspect you have a TON of charm in you

get your gf to tell you what her mama loves

and you WOO her with that

woo her mama...

but if you have tried everything and STILL she hates you

you might have to do some hard thinking

for I am TELLING you holidays are gonna be a BITCH from now until the END of time

so come on and work it wellmade

YOU can DO this!
Lurker
0 likes
Bend her over and fuck her in the arse. If that don't get her on your side then nothing will.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know, except for the part of dorm life in college, I would have thought you were one of my ex bfs ....lol but...

You know, it might not be anything you have done, it may be the fact that you re dating her daughter, and that no man will ever be good enough for her.

As far as never being invited into the house, I have to say that as a teenager, my folks were so private, that I had very few friends who ever came into my house. In fact, I had my two best friends, and there was the family across the street, that was it. It had nothing to do with who our friends were, it was about who my parents were, or more precisely, my mom. There is nothing that can be done about it, you would just need to get over it and continue to be who you are or move on because her folks don't invite you in.
Site administrator
0 likes
Buy her flowers .. that worked for me .. failing that charm her with lines like 'I cant believe you are my gf's mother .. you just dont look old enough'. Beyond that give up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Quote by Buz

I think she actually has a crush on you. She wants you to break up with her daughter (or son) so that she can have a hot sweaty extra-marital affair with you. She is hoping that if she really gets lucky you will also introduce her to Magical_Felix and y'all can have a rowdy assed manage-a-trois.

HA ha ha, I must say that I thought the very same thing as I was reading the post.

A) Your experience it's similar to most peoples. So..

B) You were being too correct and polite.. the curfew.. your language.. you could have dropped a bomb here and there. So to be feared and possibly respected.

A friend of mine was asked too (I hope you and Marilyn have never had...) I can't believe they would ask such a thing.. like they'll get the truth.. unless she really was coming on you haha. Anyway my friend, since he was offended.. He answered "well than your daughter also might have it (HIV) now.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been on the other side of that. My mother absolutely hated my ex-boyfriend. She wouldn't let him in the house either, never even invited him to dinners out with family or friends. But have you ever hated someone to the extreme that you don't ever want to be around them? Could anyone or anything have changed your mind? As long as the person you are dating loves (or likes, depending on when in the relationship) you for you, then it's just something that you have to put aside. There's a chance it may not be personal. Some parents have trouble accepting that their children are adults no matter what age they are. But more than likely, if they don't like you, they ain't gonna like you. If it exceeds past just dirty looks and just being blatantly ignored, then you have to ask yourself if its worth it. If "yes" doesn't come almost immediately, then it's probably not.
She's a saint with the lips of a sinner.
- r.m. drake