Make up...why?

last reply
81 replies
9.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Personally, I think you gals are prettiest when not wearing a lot, if any, make up and I can see the real you. So my question is, why do you? Do you feel better when you wear it? Do you wear it for yourself or for others? Because it's expected of you?

Thoughts please smile
Lurker
0 likes
I love make-up mostly because you can be creative with it. Just like getting a tattoo, piercing, painting or writing it's a creative process. I also like the way it makes me look and how it can cover up a hangover pretty damn well. My husband likes it because he can smear his cock through hot red lipstick, and it adds something a little different to the bedroom.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If we're going out for a full on night on the town, I'll wear a lot, usually just a bit of lipstick and eyeshadow as I have decent coloring. He loves me if I have a little, a ton or none on, so it's really for me.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
I don't need to wear a lot but what I do wear enhances what I've already got. MUST have glossy red or Matte burgundy lippy, eyeliner and mascara though.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I only wear it when I'm going to a party or wedding. People always think I've made an effort then. Normally, if I wear it, I keep it natural, just a little eyeshadow and a touch of mascara. I don't wear foundation as nothing can cover my blushes. I'll use a touch of tinted lipgloss too. If I'm going to a party, I'll use a glitter eyeliner, just because I like it.

When I wear it, people tell me I look nice. They know I made the time to make the effort. If I wore make-up all the time, it would lessen the impact for the few times I do wear it. I like it to look natural, and it never ceases to make me laugh when I see lasses who trowel it on. If you can see a visible layer of solid cover over the skin, eyelashes clumped together, and thick coatings of liner, something isn't working. Dreadful!

However, I love dramatic colours around the eyes, and false lashes look stunning. It just has to be done correctly, blended well, on a natural, even base. If it wouldn't make me look like an idiot, I'd do that sometimes for parties.

As it is, natural shades suit me better, and just enhance my features (I'd rather hide, in all honesty). When I wear make-up, I use the colour and shade to make my eyes less googly, and bring their colour out (that changes depending on the colour of eyeshadow). My face is so round and fat that bringing out the shape of my eyes, and making them look less round, slims my face down a little.

So, I wear make-up to show I bothered, and to try to gently re-shape what Mother Nature was a bitch enough to give me.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I love make-up but I prefer to use it sparingly and generally stick to neutrals and naturals.

My all-time fave products would be Aveda tinted moisturizer, NARS blush in 'orgasm' and all hail the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick (these are so multi-purpose I honestly think every girl should have one!). I would recommend these any day of the week.

Love mascara, lip glosses, juicy tubes and gloss pots (hate heavy lipstick or the tube-versions), mascara (I've used false eyelashes for special occasions and evening drama but not often), neutral barely there shadow. I don't like traditional 'eyeliner' - I use a tiny brush and the powder or gel form just for a hint of shadow.

Day to day though it's just tinted moisturizer, mascara, a quick dust of shimmer brick and neutral lipgloss. I like to keep it fresh.

The reason I use it - just to enhance what's already there. In my experience most guys equate the 'bare/no-make-up' look to a girl that is actually wearing some but keeping it to a minimum and staying in the natural tones. The vast majority of women definitely wear a little something.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I love make-up but I prefer to use it sparingly and generally stick to neutrals and naturals.

My all-time fave products would be Aveda tinted moisturizer, NARS blush in 'orgasm' and all hail the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick (these are so multi-purpose I honestly think every girl should have one!). I would recommend these any day of the week.

Love mascara, lip glosses, juicy tubes and gloss pots (hate heavy lipstick or the tube-versions), mascara (I've used false eyelashes for special occasions and evening drama but not often), neutral barely there shadow. I don't like traditional 'eyeliner' - I use a tiny brush and the powder or gel form just for a hint of shadow.

Day to day though it's just tinted moisturizer, mascara, a quick dust of shimmer brick and neutral lipgloss. I like to keep it fresh.

The reason I use it - just to enhance what's already there. In my experience most guys equate the 'bare/no-make-up' look to a girl that is actually wearing some but keeping it to a minimum and staying in the natural tones. The vast majority of women definitely wear a little something.

I agree. I don't wear a lot of make up but I very rarely go out with none at all. But if you use it sparingly only to enhance what is already there, most people assume you aren't wearing any at all.

But I do like make-up, especially eye make-up. But I am also not a fan of the Tammy Faye look either!
Clever Gem
0 likes
I won't leave the house without it.
It's not about loads, but for me it's 2 important things.

I've only ever used m.a.c. russion red lipstick, and their studio fix compact does all the magic one could need, no other compares.
I can't do lipgloss at all, sticky lipgloss puts me right off. I dont like to feel any lip product on my lips.

Lurker
0 likes
Without makeup, many faces have a washed out look. Makeup -- and it is actually prehistoric time -wise -- enhances and highlights. Too much and it's awful, like put on with a trowel -- but properly done it's exquisite. Eyes and lips especially, but also light lipstick on the nipples or even pussy. It's not a new thing by any means. The ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans used it a LOT. Fake blush, however, is not so much, and always look false. Very, very few women look good without some makeup, however slight. It's just the way the face is, if everything blends into the skin tone it becomes bland and faded/
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I like the idea of a strong red lip but it doesn't look right with my colouring.

The closest I go to red is the NARS lip lacquer pots in 'Eros'. I'm all about the shine. Plus I'm not as worried about messing it up as I would be with a dark matte lip - glosses and lacquers are more forgiving that way.

And Nikki - if you're into eye shadows - what I do is grab the Bobbi Brown eye palette collections when they put them out. It comes with a truly amazing dual-sided brush and the colours are complementary and always include a powder eyeliner that can also be used wet. Love the quality of this line and these palettes literally last forever.

Sorry - this thread got me kinda excited. I'm a bit of a product whore. If someone makes a nail polish thread next, I'm in trouble.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Because it makes me look like a slutty whore that wants to suck the biggest cock in the room, THAT'S WHY
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sexi_Lexi
Because it makes me look like a slutty whore that wants to suck the biggest cock in the room, THAT'S WHY

mind if I ask what brand of lipstick you use? It must be good stuff, hardwearing and all that!
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Sorry - this thread got me kinda excited. I'm a bit of a product whore. If someone makes a nail polish thread next, I'm in trouble.

Me too!

I love my Urban Decay palette. (I use the Ammo one, every color in it I love) I also like the Lorac shadows, the colors are creamy and blend well.

For my lips I love a stain instead of a gloss. I have long hair and it seems that without fail if I wear a gloss, my hair will get in it. Mascara, and a touch of liner, again the Urban Decay lines are my favorites.

DD-I have so many nail polishes, but it seems lately my toes have been green and my nails pale.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for all the educational replies gals. From what I can gather most of you just enjoy using it. With or without it, you're beautiful ladies!
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
It's pretty and it's fun, as well as expressive.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I love makeup. I mostly wear it when I'm getting dressed up for an occasion but I try to at least wear a little eyeliner and mascara and sometimes eyeshadow depending on my mood. I have been know to wear colored eyeliner and mascara. Its fun to change things up with different colors. I'm not a big fan of foundation or blush though.

I think I have a little obsession with eyeshadows though. I have a habit of buying colors even if I never wear it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
When I do use make up its just to enhance what I already have. I don't cake on my make up. I make it look as natural as possible.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
It's pretty and it's fun, as well as expressive.

I agree
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i wear it purely because i look like as white as a ghost without it on and i have black hair. i dont usually wear alot during the day but on nights out i would put more on. just to make me feel goood. My partner doesnt mind either way. but has commented that it makes my features stand out more. so that would prob be another reason. as well as it not making me look so tired smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love wearing it, though I don't do it often. Usually just some mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of lip gloss. Lipstick, sometimes, though only for very special occasions, and I always add lip gloss on top.

I wore foundation once and I looked absolutely incredible, but the upkeep and the cleaning up is too much work. Plus, I don't like the idea of covering myself up in so much stuff. It was just too much.

I definitely go without makeup more than I go with. I tend to only put it on if I'm in a playful/sexy mood or if I'm going somewhere special.
Classified
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
... The reason I use it - just to enhance what's already there.

Quote by crazydiamond
I won't leave the house without it.
It's not about loads, but for me it's 2 important things.

Very nice ladies!
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
Like most of the ladies, to supposedly enhance what I already have.

I'm pretty lazy so it's not exactly something I take much time over and it's always straight off as soon as I'm in the door.
I'll use a tinted moisturiser, eyeliner, mascara. On a night out I'll usually make my eyes a bit darker but nothing major.

Growing up in a house full of lads it took me a while to get comfortable with make up - I'd sit infront of the mirror at home for hours trying to put it on right.

If I ever let someone 'do me up' properly I feel really selfconscious.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I personaly don't wear any make-up. I never have time to put it on and I don't like how it feels on my. I know make-up would enhance my features but I think I look fine without it. smile
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Not all of us are that 'natural' beauty and some of us need it, pure and simple.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To make me prettier than I already am!!
The Linebacker
0 likes
The amount and style of make-up my wife wears depends upon what the occasion is. She looks great without and she looks great with it. I love it when she wears it extra slutty!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It completely depends on the occassion and the company. For the most part, I am simple... Gloss, Mascara and dusting of shimmer. I love having a reason to get all dolled up tho. Its fun to play. The right person loves you dressed up or au natural. Because I don't go full face for every day wear, I love the looks I get when I do turn it up a notch.
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Lurker
0 likes
Awe - thanks babe smile

I don't bother with it.
Lurker
0 likes
I like the way it makes me look. I only use mascara and eyeliner and eyeshadow and lipstick once in a while. I don't like that foundation stuff and I will never wear it. But yeah... Makes my ojos look better (:
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like to keep my make up to minimal, best is lipstick or lip balm always on hand to keep my lips kissable especially during the winter (now) and summer months. I wear it for my own pleasure, nor do I go out of my way to please people.