Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

It’s OK in Texas to shoot a woman for refusing to have sex! You're within the law. Options · View
TxPrincess
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:08:25 AM

Rank: The Resident Princess

Joined: 10/6/2012
Posts: 282
Location: The Best Part, United States
WOW.....Do Texan's get a bad rap, holy cow....Texas has a lot of crazy laws that are on the books as most states probably do. It takes just as much time to amend a law or remove it from the books as it does to create on. So what usually happens is new ones are created to supersede the law. However the flaw comes in when good lawyers find the loop holes using the old laws. Just to lighten the mood...Here are a couple of the crazy Laws still on the books.

You can hang a man for cattle rustling.
You can't drive your car down Main St in Houston.
You can't have more than *3* beers while standing.

My favorite one however it is in Tennessee:
When a female is driving a car, the spouse must be in the front seat waiving a red flag to warn other drivers.

If you don't like the laws become a lobbyist and start changing them. I am sure the law will be amended, and they guy will get charged with solicitation as he admitted to it.

Thank you,

Your gun toting resident Princess of Texas

Highwayman
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:10:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 1,498
Damn teasers! Serves them right I reckon.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:23:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/12/2011
Posts: 538
Location: somewhere on the coast, United States
I like living in Texas. It's not for wimps!
Highwayman
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 8:09:23 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 1,498
Good girl, now get them there britches down.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
keoloke
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:10:05 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/12/2010
Posts: 549
Location: United States
ByronLord wrote:


No, the coward would never have bludgeoned her to death, it was the gun that made it easy for him to do.


This was needed thanks!

With a knife, maybe she had a chance at defending herself. No need to be up-close with a gun. So, no chance of survival unless she had also a gun.

Just answering on what was brought up. The issue is different, but you cannot talk guns (control) in the US without creating a stir.



Practice Happiness, it is a choice

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is not much needed.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:52:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
i am from England and i have to say that is completely fucked up.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:58:59 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
keoloke wrote:
A law in Texas allows people to use "deadly force to recover property during a nighttime theft." But that law is presumably in place to protect people during potentially violent break-ins and muggings. Gilbert met his victim on Craigslist, handed her the money voluntarily, and then shot her when things didn't go as planned.

He was acquitted!

Read it here and you can also sign a petiton. 25000 people signed, 25000 more needed.




I'm a firm believer in the Texas Castle Doctrine Laws but this is just plain ludicrous in my view.

It sounds like a case of paid for sex as in he was the 'John' and she was the 'hooker'. She pulled a fast one he got pissed so he shot her.
If it had of been me I'd done something quite a bit different and it would NOT have included gunfire. Quite possibly it would have gone south in a NY minute. Therefore with ALL the stupid shit I've done in my life these words ring true and are sound words to live by...

Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things or you'll probably find out stupid is as stupid does.

What's more there is NO WAY IN HELL I would sign that stupid ass petition!!! The 25000 wimps and pussies that already signed the petition should move to the states like Massachusetts, NY, Califuckinfornia, Hawaii and Colorado. Those states are clearly on their way to becoming Bastions of a POLICE STATE and I'm sure they would love states where the criminals have more rights than their victims!!!

HUA
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:17:33 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
ByronLord wrote:


The statistics simply don't back that claim. Take out the deaths due to guns and the US per captia murder rate is the same as that of France, the UK and Germany. The gun deaths in the UK are practically zero because guns are banned completely.

Now you can claim that this jerk could have murdered the girl just as easily with his bare hands or a knife, but he would have had to run pretty fast to catch up with the car, then ripped the door open and overpowered her while the driver looked on.

Now you can say that being able to kill people with the press of a button makes no difference to people's willingness to kill but that does not make it true.

And the people who oppose gun control laws are the same people who push for the type of gunslinger justice that led to this girl's murder and the murder of Treyvon Martin in Florida. Its the NRA that pushes for the stand your ground laws and for putting machine guns in the hands of loonies.


I don't know where you get your facts Goober if indeed they are truly facts and not just your interpretation of what you think the facts should be.

The facts remain putting machine guns in the hands of loonies. For one thing machine guns as you refer to them are permitted in 32 states I believe if one is willing to put up with all the hoops and horse shit the ATFE puts one through. If you haven't already been an owner of full auto weapons in the last several years you would find that between the horrendous amount of paperwork and the WAITING and more waiting and still MORE WAITING it's a very good chance either Pigs will FLY or Hell Will Have Been Frozen Over FOR A WEEK before your paperwork will have been approved and you receive your Tax Stamp.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:41:13 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
TxPrincess wrote:
WOW.....Do Texan's get a bad rap, holy cow....Texas has a lot of crazy laws that are on the books as most states probably do. It takes just as much time to amend a law or remove it from the books as it does to create on. So what usually happens is new ones are created to supersede the law. However the flaw comes in when good lawyers find the loop holes using the old laws. Just to lighten the mood...Here are a couple of the crazy Laws still on the books.

You can hang a man for cattle rustling.
You can't drive your car down Main St in Houston.
You can't have more than *3* beers while standing.

My favorite one however it is in Tennessee:
When a female is driving a car, the spouse must be in the front seat waiving a red flag to warn other drivers.

If you don't like the laws become a lobbyist and start changing them. I am sure the law will be amended, and they guy will get charged with solicitation as he admitted to it.

Thank you,

Your gun toting resident Princess of Texas


Well,well,well. I never thought I'd be saying this MsTxPrincess, but but you are my kind of WOMAN!!!

TBT Texas Castle Doctrine Laws are probably the best in this country and certainly better than the SD laws on the books in WA state where I live.

Perhaps if Car Thieves were hung car theft would decrease exponentially. What do YOU THINK?!?!?dontknow


As for folks in Canada or just world wide like that asshole Piers Morgn who always wanna pitch in their .02 worth I say you got nothin' to say about it unless you wanna move your kit and kaboodle here and become a citizen. I know that sounds MEAN but IDC. That's me being nice...what's more that's the nicest I'm gonna be about it.

PS Kylie Baby...I'll grant you sum slack cuz we're tight. Now...give me a big wet sloppy kissbinky Big Hugs
TxPrincess
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 6:38:13 PM

Rank: The Resident Princess

Joined: 10/6/2012
Posts: 282
Location: The Best Part, United States
Guest wrote:


Well,well,well. I never thought I'd be saying this MsTxPrincess, but but you are my kind of WOMAN!!!

TBT Texas Castle Doctrine Laws are probably the best in this country and certainly better than the SD laws on the books in WA state where I live.

Perhaps if Car Thieves were hung car theft would decrease exponentially. What do YOU THINK?!?!?dontknow


As for folks in Canada or just world wide like that asshole Piers Morgn who always wanna pitch in their .02 worth I say you got nothin' to say about it unless you wanna move your kit and kaboodle here and become a citizen. I know that sounds MEAN but IDC. That's me being nice...what's more that's the nicest I'm gonna be about it.

PS Kylie Baby...I'll grant you sum slack cuz we're tight. Now...give me a big wet sloppy kissbinky Big Hugs


Well not sure who you are, cause you are now a guest, so must have been someone that knows me and then left. Yes old laws might stop things, but then we would have to pay for stupid cases like murder vs self defense vs justified.

I totally agree don't come here and give your My 2 cents, don't give your My 2 cents if you don't vote. The only reason we have stupid, irrational, asinine, awesome, great, and wonderful laws. Is because we vote and put the people in office to make those choices. We the people make those choices, We the people put those in offices, We the people fight for our rights.

So suck it up and shut the hell up, or get the Fuck out of America....and if you think you are gonna come to Texas with your My 2 cents you might not wanna cross me.

Yes this is Your gun toting resident Princess of Texas, again.......kisses

Guest
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:31:54 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
This doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm born and raised Californian, but have been living in Texas for the past few years. Most of the time, I forget I'm in Texas; but then some crazy shit will happen, and I'll be like, "Oh yeah, I'm in Texas."
Speaking of breaking and entering: so in California, my brother-in-law (a cop) explained to me that if I were to ever shot a person in my house, that I was to tell the investigator that I was in the room first (as the laws in California lean towards the burglar and not the home owner). In Texas, there was a story on the news recently of a young mother who's boyfriend came around to the house to harass her. She wouldn't let him in the front door but he wouldn't leave - kept making dangerous threats. So she got the gun and iced him through the door. Legal.
keoloke
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 8:19:25 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/12/2010
Posts: 549
Location: United States
So while in Texas there is a law that allows the use deadly force to recover property during a nighttime theft. In Florida they have a “10-20-life" law.

10 years to flaunt a gun, 20 years to fire it and possibly life if the firing has wounded someone. It sounds like a good law, till you have a mother of two who has fired a warning shot at a wall to scare off her threatening husband. Now, since she branded and also fired a gun; she’s got 20 Years. It doesn’t feel right, not 20.

If the interpretation of a law is so easy, why do we need a trial? A prosecutor? A Lawyer? A jury? A Judge? Just input the facts and a computer (or a kid) comes up with the appropriate penalty. This is exactly what looks like it was done!


Read it HERE
Marissa Alexander Gets 20 Years For Firing Warning Shot




Practice Happiness, it is a choice

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is not much needed.
TxPrincess
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:35:15 AM

Rank: The Resident Princess

Joined: 10/6/2012
Posts: 282
Location: The Best Part, United States
In Texas we are taught do not shoot warning shots, you gonna flaunt/brand the gun, you be ready to shoot and shoot to kill not wound.

keoloke wrote:
So while in Texas there is a law that allows the use deadly force to recover property during a nighttime theft. In Florida they have a “10-20-life" law.

10 years to flaunt a gun, 20 years to fire it and possibly life if the firing has wounded someone. It sounds like a good law, till you have a mother of two who has fired a warning shot at a wall to scare off her threatening husband. Now, since she branded and also fired a gun; she’s got 20 Years. It doesn’t feel right, not 20.

If the interpretation of a law is so easy, why do we need a trial? A prosecutor? A Lawyer? A jury? A Judge? Just input the facts and a computer (or a kid) comes up with the appropriate penalty. This is exactly what looks like it was done!


Read it HERE
Marissa Alexander Gets 20 Years For Firing Warning Shot




Guest
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:50:18 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
For 150 bucks i'm wondering what she looked like.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:43:15 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
What the fuck is wrong with Texas!
jollylolly
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:15:01 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/24/2012
Posts: 331
Location: Texas, United States
SexEmporer wrote:
What the fuck is wrong with Texas!


It's full of Texans Nutbag
Guest
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:32:47 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
jollylolly wrote:


It's full of Texans Nutbag
Touche
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:25:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/24/2013
Posts: 1,243
I keep telling people that Jesus doesn't like Texas.
Peri
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:00:43 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/18/2011
Posts: 143
Location: Fantasy Island
I live here and I love it even if my city law says 'It’s illegal to possess realistic dildos' hehehe laughing8
Scriptwriter66
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:59:16 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/22/2013
Posts: 651
Location: Cyprus in the early summer, United States
I left the good ole US of A because of this type of senseless interpretation of certain laws. Texas (and most of the USA) teaches that the Battle of the Alamo was all about Texas' independence from Mexico - Bullshit! Part of the reason was the Mexicans had abolished slavery and told the Texans because they were part of Mexican territory they couldn't keep slaves. So all those great American heroes said, "Fuck you, Mexicans, we'r gonna keep our slaves. If you want out slave then you're gonna have to take them out of our cold dead hands. And that's exactly what Santa Anna and his troops did.

America RIP

Writers write what others don't dare write.

Please take time to read my newest Comp Story "Arigatō"
Thank you.




TXtabber
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:14:44 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 11/19/2010
Posts: 66
Location: Hot Town, United States
and Scriptwriter just made the point for everyone in the world. If you don't like where you are living, then leave for another place. No matter where you are.
Tranquil
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:55:56 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/31/2013
Posts: 2,088
Location: Curled up in front of a beautiful fire
Only in America, well actually there are a lot of places with dumb laws lol,

http://www.dumblaws.com

[i]Poem : The Cyber Touch http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-cyber-touch.aspx
Poem : The Last Moments http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-last-moments.aspx
Story : One day only http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/one-day-only.aspx
Poem: My Toy http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/my-toy.aspx#comments/i]



Sex is an emotion in motion (Mae West).
An Ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises (Mae West)
I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it. (Mae West)
Guest
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:37:54 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
Tranquil wrote:
Only in America, well actually there are a lot of places with dumb laws lol,

http://www.dumblaws.com


Yeah, lots of dumb laws all over but Texas is the king of dumb laws. As TxPrincess stated..don't like it...then lobby to change it.

Or...

Avoid Texas like the plague, let them secede from the union, and watch them kill eachother. Makes for great reality TV.
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:58:06 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/24/2013
Posts: 1,243
Only someone in cowboy shoes would come up with something like that.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:04:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,067
Scriptwriter66 wrote:
I left the good ole US of A because of this type of senseless interpretation of certain laws. Texas (and most of the USA) teaches that the Battle of the Alamo was all about Texas' independence from Mexico - Bullshit! Part of the reason was the Mexicans had abolished slavery and told the Texans because they were part of Mexican territory they couldn't keep slaves. So all those great American heroes said, "Fuck you, Mexicans, we'r gonna keep our slaves. If you want out slave then you're gonna have to take them out of our cold dead hands. And that's exactly what Santa Anna and his troops did.

America RIP


Great point. Another misunderstood piece of our history is the real reason for the second amendment. It was all about controlling the slaves.

Read here. http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-second-amendment-was-ratified-to-preserve-slavery
vtcmr
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:30:29 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 8/16/2012
Posts: 20
First of all, I'd just like to say that the title is false and extremely misleading, intended (presumably) only to anger people and make Texas out to be a misogynist state (whether it is or not isn't the point). Shame on you, keoloke.

The escort used sex as the service, but it could have been anything. She could have offered him a car and then backed out and refused to give his money back. The article specifically mentions that she refused to give the money back, so I'm assuming he asked for it back once he realised he wasn't getting laid.

This is about the money, not the sex. He shot her for stealing his money, not for refusing him sex, just because he demanded it. Huge difference. One makes you a rapist, the other makes you a little trigger-happy or a damn good defender of your property, depending on your point of view.


ByronLord wrote:

The statistics simply don't back that claim. Take out the deaths due to guns and the US per captia murder rate is the same as that of France, the UK and Germany. The gun deaths in the UK are practically zero because guns are banned completely.


I'm not an expert on gun laws and gun cultures around the world, but I heard Switzerland is doing alright. To me, it seems like guns aren't the problem, it's the culture. The Swiss have a very different culture on gun ownership. Apparently, it's not so focused on self-defence (and beyond, which America is, to be honest), but rather national defence. Also, the pro-gun organisation proTell apparently is more lenient on government regulations when they're argued for.

Not to mention that, the premise is usually that more deaths due to guns is bad. I don't think everyone would agree with that. I think any sane person would agree that more school shootings are bad, but they're not all school shootings. Some might say that a lot of those who died got what they deserved. I don't know if I would agree with that, but you'd have to convince those that do think that way that more shootings are bad (just playing devil's advocate).

LadyX wrote:

I believe this is what's known here in the Texas legislature as the "Bitch Had it Comin'" Law.


Yep! She tried to steal his money by manipulating him using the most fundamental of human needs, then tried to run. I don't necessarily agree with what he did (I'd have to know the full details of this case), but from what I know so far, it seems clear that she was asking for trouble, whether it was morally okay for him to shoot her or not.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:13:02 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,547
Location: My Tower, United States
vtcmr wrote:

Yep! She tried to steal his money by manipulating him using the most fundamental of human needs, then tried to run. I don't necessarily agree with what he did (I'd have to know the full details of this case), but from what I know so far, it seems clear that she was asking for trouble, whether it was morally okay for him to shoot her or not.


may i point out that, while she may have stolen his money, at no time did she threaten his safety or his life. that's important, here - his life was never in danger.
Ruthie
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:57:42 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,154
Location: United States
vtcmr wrote:
First of all, I'd just like to say that the title is false and extremely misleading, intended (presumably) only to anger people and make Texas out to be a misogynist state (whether it is or not isn't the point). Shame on you, keoloke.

The escort used sex as the service, but it could have been anything. She could have offered him a car and then backed out and refused to give his money back. The article specifically mentions that she refused to give the money back, so I'm assuming he asked for it back once he realised he wasn't getting laid.

This is about the money, not the sex. He shot her for stealing his money, not for refusing him sex, just because he demanded it. Huge difference. One makes you a rapist, the other makes you a little trigger-happy or a damn good defender of your property, depending on your point of view.




Yep! She tried to steal his money by manipulating him using the most fundamental of human needs, then tried to run. I don't necessarily agree with what he did (I'd have to know the full details of this case), but from what I know so far, it seems clear that she was asking for trouble, whether it was morally okay for him to shoot her or not.


This proves a point to me. No matter how vile and disgusting someone's actions are when it comes to women, there is always somebody that will try to justify those actions. There is no excuse for his shooting a woman in cold blood over anything, sex or money. The shooting was unjustified. Saying that she was "asking for it," is one of those things misogynists say about women who are raped. No woman asks to be raped or murdered. Killing her wasn't "a little trigger happy," it was an act of murder.

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:14:09 AM

Rank: Thread Mediator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,653
Location: United States
LadyX wrote: I believe this is what's known here in the Texas legislature as the "Bitch Had it Comin'" Law.


vtcmr wrote:

Yep! She tried to steal his money by manipulating him using the most fundamental of human needs, then tried to run. I don't necessarily agree with what he did (I'd have to know the full details of this case), but from what I know so far, it seems clear that she was asking for trouble, whether it was morally okay for him to shoot her or not.


I believe it's time to stop down with a moment of silence, and maybe pour one out in honor of the sarcasm that died in vain here. Too many jokes die needlessly at the hands of misanthropes and dim bulbs. Tell me, people: when will these senseless acts stop?
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:36:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/9/2011
Posts: 200
Location: United States
Texas is also where they are trying to have the creationists edit all the science textbooks:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/09/texas_science_textbooks_creationists_try_to_remove_evolution_from_classrooms.html

Sorry, you couldn't get me to move there unless you put a concealed-carry gun to my head.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.