Chucks!

last reply
26 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
just what it says - a thread just for chucks/converse sneakers - i haven't been without at least 3 pair in my closet since i started wearing shoes - when i was bouncing between places i still had two extra pair in my pack. really, man or woman, most of us have worn, loved, and lived chucks at some point in our life!

AND they even have a design your own pair on their website! here's mine!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clumeleon
0 likes
I have three pairs. These are the ones I wear most often; they were a gift for my twenty-first birthday from my then girlfriend.

I reciprocated the gesture six months later by buying her a pair she designed herself on their website for her twenty-first.

I do love Converse. I get the feeling I'll be in here a lot.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
currently, i have 5 pair of chucks, one black, one hot pink, dr suess ones, all star hearts ones and DC comics ones

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I always wanted a pair of converse all-stars ala "The Sandlot" as a kid.

Sadly, then and now, they just don't fit my stupid feet comfortably.

At all!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OMG!! This brings back memories. When I was a teen we would all wear them in different colors. Our big thing was to wear them with multicolored laces and wear 2 different colors, like a red one on my left foot and a green one on my right foot.

I still have a pair of purple ones but I haven't worn them in years. Maybe today!! HAHA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mine are pinstripe. I remember my teenage years, wearing them with my pinstripe suit. Metallic purple tie and matching laces. I was a classy weird kid.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Ok it went like this:

Then :

Then it escalated to this:

Now I just have that full on boot fetish that makes me growl at inappropriate times.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
my dr suess chucks, btw

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm in love with these shoes! Just received a gray pair from Amazon. Very fashionable for a casual look.

I made a mosaic of things I like, to use as my profile background image. These shoes made it to the final result.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Clumeleon
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Own a black pair and can't believe the comeback these shoes made.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
OMG!! This brings back memories. When I was a teen we would all wear them in different colors. Our big thing was to wear them with multicolored laces and wear 2 different colors, like a red one on my left foot and a green one on my right foot.

I still have a pair of purple ones but I haven't worn them in years. Maybe today!! HAHA

HAHA I did the same thing.

Another thing that we did when I was a teen was buy the white ones. The canvas was always popular with the artsy students (Like me). People paid me to art them up.

I spent a lot of time sketching out designs on those shoes. And jean jackets.

I still have 2 pairs. Red and blue. And I still only wear 1 red shoe at a time.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I own two pair. An original black pair, and a white high boots that have rainbows in the liner and the soles have LEDs. My uncle made them custom.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never owned a pair
The Linebacker
0 likes
I still crack up at the pictures of of my dad on his high school varsity basketball team with white low top Converse basketball sneakers, short tight basketball shorts, and tube socks to the knees, and they all had shoulder length hair. It was the 1970s!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I never owned a pair, always wanted to though :/
Always wanted the Black on Black pair too.
its never to late i guess lol
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
← KEEPS a fresh pair of white chucks at all times

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I wear chucks a lot. Canvas shoes in general are cool and comfy regardless of the weather.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I recently got an all black pair. Converse wouls have a dedicated customer in me if they offered more shoes in my size, than just the All Star.

Constant Gardener
0 likes

This was the 1st thing which crossed my mind, ten years after this subject was broached.

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Underpads-Incontinence-Absorbent-Protective/dp/B081VRG3NK?th=1

Last wore out - and I wore them til the soles fell off - a pair of purple Converse All-Stars my senior year in HS and for the next 3 years after that. They are made for basketball floors and not gravel or asphalt parking lots. That canvass absorbs everything, so they are always dirty looking after 4 weeks of wear.

The Nike 3/4 high tops replaced Chucks in the early 80s and there's been no going back since then. Better rubber meeting the road. White leather is much easier to clean.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes

I like 'm and have worn them for the last couple of years. But they always fall apart incredibly fast.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Never worn this brand of shoes.