Realistic Breasts

last reply
6 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Women of lush stories I am writing a story and I want to give my female characters a realistic breast size. I'm trying to keep real and two I don't like massive breast so please tell what size would I women of 5'5" 140 pounds and curvy not BBW but curves in all the right spots and what would a women 5'8" 125 pounds thin but not like a rail what would they be any help would be good examples would help too thank you in advance
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
In stories, I think it's best to describe the breasts - large, soft, perky, firm, voluptuous, soft etc rather than just dropping an actual bra size.

However - if you insist on giving an actual bra size or the character in your story is, for some reason, picking out a bra and the size is required as a description - the rule of thumb is this:

Band size (this is the number) - This fluctuates with the weight of a woman - let's say that a typical Playboy or bikini model type body frame will wear a size 34 band. A 36 would be an American average/curvy woman, and a 38 would be a thicker woman - and it goes up from there. A very slim runway model body type or petite/thin girl will be a 32 and a very tiny 'funsize' woman might be a 30.

Cup size (this is the actual size of the breast) - I think guys understand this one more. A-cup is very tiny/flat, B-cup is average/smallish/athletic. C-cup is a solid handful, D-cup and DD-cup is larger/boobalicious-sized and it goes upward from there.

So basically you just pick the band size based on body type and the cup based on breast size. When in doubt - just go for 34C - nice sized breasts on a typically nice sized body.

But like I said - your story will do better if you describe the breasts and what they are like rather than leaving it up to a bra-size to do it for you.

Hope that helps. smile

EDIT: you can also use a website like this http://famousbrasize.com to check what certain celebs sizes are if you want to use their body types as a general template for characters.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
listen to Doll's advice. fastest way for me to lose interest in a story is when i have to read the laundry list - she was 5'1", 140 pounds, had 36DD breasts, etc. that's just lazy. i'd rather hear:

she was a little on the short side and plump, though i found her curves appealing, not being into fashionable thin models who reminded me of hungry waifs. Oh, and her breasts were lovely as well, reminding me of ripe, juicy melons tipped by perky pink nipples. there, you've just provided the same information without resorting to numbers - let someone else fill in the blanks - that way, they can make her a little plump, just slightly curvy, or heavier, depending on their own tastes - that way you get them more involved in the story. don't get overly descriptive. leave your audience some wiggle room. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you both doll and sprite ill go back see how that works it's my first story I'm just getting the kinks out (no pun intended)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you Doll and sprite... although I'm obviously not the OP, this was very helpful for me as well. I've posted two stories and although they've been received better than I originally thought they would, I used the standard number/cup size. Although no one's negatively criticized me about it, I think I'll use this advice for the next female character I introduce into my series.

Some readers have said I do well at descriptive language, but I personally think I could be better and need to improve. I think this advice will allow me to do just that, so thanks again.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Taboo_Lover
Thank you Doll and sprite... although I'm obviously not the OP, this was very helpful for me as well. I've posted two stories and although they've been received better than I originally thought they would, I used the standard number/cup size. Although no one's negatively criticized me about it, I think I'll use this advice for the next female character I introduce into my series.

Some readers have said I do well at descriptive language, but I personally think I could be better and need to improve. I think this advice will allow me to do just that, so thanks again.

there's an old phrase that you should take to heart - show, don't tell. i've read some stories that are so overly detailed that you start thinking more about whatever it is they are detailing then you do the story. if you're describing a room, you just want to know a feel for it and the person who owns it - you don't need to know every little thing:

it's a study, there's a bookshelf full of books on the history of the ameican west, it's cluttered... how do we know it's cluttered? loose papers on the desk and an over flowing trash can - some books not pushed in all the way. there's a type writer on the desk, a pile of books, and a trophy of some sort. the room is carpeted, let's say beige - there's a window, curtains keeping the after noon sun out, cooling the room. there are family portraits on the wall. now, lets focus on who is in the room... he's tall, slender, dark unruly hair, stubble, and he's wearing jeans, a dress shirt, and a sports coat. kind of rumpled, tho his cowboy boots are expensive looking - snakeskin, perhaps. he's smiling. oh, it's a mischevious smile, but there's warmth in his eyes. he puts down his drink, he gestures, it's a broad gesture, almost theatrical, followed by a short bow, then he speaks, his voice is soft, a little husky, a hint of a drawl. he's the same guy in the portraits, though considerably older now.

that right there should give you a feel for the room and for the man within. we don't need to know the dimensions of the room, exactly what poets are on the book spines - just go for what's important to give a FEEL - the readers will do the rest. it might be important to note that there's dust on the shelves as if the books haven't been touched for a while, or that they are immaculately neat, like he's a little ocd - that is all stuff that is adding to your description of what is important - and what is important should always be the characters - you should describe a setting in regards to who the setting belongs to - if you want to make him a musician, it's simple as this - there's a well loved guitar leaning against the desk. you want him to be a veteran, you don't need to tell us he's was in the marines - focus on a photo on the wall of him in his marine blues.

my guy is a writer - he grew up in texas on a ranch and did used to do the rodeo every year. he married, but he divorced. he writes westerns now, so we should probably throw in a mention or two of western memorablila - a set of colt six shooters in a case and a bronze casting of a cowboy on a stand. maybe a few landscapes of wyoming or montana hanging on the walls. don't need to know where, exactly, just lonely looking bluff at sunset and another picture of rough looking mountains covered with pine trees - even all that is a lot, and if it's a shorter story, you can break it down to the bare essentials. just don't go here:

the room looked like it belonged to a guy who wrote westerns. and don't over detail it either - don't need to know that it's 13x15, don't need to describe every little detail - just pick the ones that are important - could have left out the color of the carpet easily enough. the curtains blocking the sun, tho, sets the mood - its' afternoon but the room is somewhat dark, giving him an air of coolness, perhaps, or mystery, or menace if that's what you're looking for - everything could be in shadow. or hell, throw the windows wide, and give it a welcoming open air, but making it warm enough that you want to take off your coat, loosen a button or two on your blouse, brush a stray strand of hair from your cheek, was that because it's warm or are you flirting? maybe you're not sure, but you're hoping he's not sure either...

ok, sorry, rach is on meds, but i AM having fun with this! weee! hope that didn't confuse anyone too much?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
This hereby constitutes a strong, "AMEN" for everything Dancing Doll and Sprite just posted.

Just one guy-type observation from this old fart. Visualize three of the most beautiful women to gain celebrity status in the last 100 years, such as, for instance: Elizabeth Taylor, Sharon Stone, and Katherine Zeta-Jones. Would giving their measurements in a story make them any more desirable than a compelling description of their looks? While I have an opinion, each writer must answer that question for themselves. Good luck.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN