last reply
5 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello Everyone

So I've been kicking my butt into gear and getting healthier. Its been both tough and loads of fun. I've actually lost 60 lbs so far and I'm so proud of myself for doing it. I wanted to ask everyone here, What are some things you do to keep yourself motivated to continue working out and eating right? It can be a struggle sometimes to not bindge when my triggers get activated by stress and emotions and all the fuckedupness that comes with life.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I saw your post, and thought "Oh my goodness I have to reply"!! So here goes: To keep myself motivated to keep going to the gym, I found a group of people at my gym, that were up there at the same time as I was, and I've started working out with them. It really makes a HUGE difference!! To keep from eating things that I shouldn't eat, I write down everything that I eat, and I have someone hold me accountable for it. If I eat something that I should not have ate, then she makes me do and extra exercise, and wear more clothes for cardio, so that I can get rid of all of those bad calories. Also, I have a personal trainer, because she's free, and she stays on my butt twenty four seven about if i'm doing what I should be doing or not. It also helps make the world of difference!! I've lost 16 lbs in 3 months, 3 in. in my hips, 2 in. in my waist, and still working on it!! So don't give up hope, because when you met you're goal, it is truly an unbelievable feeling!! I met my first goal 4 lbs ago, and have now decided to get down another 6 lbs from where I am now. That would put me at a total of 22 lbs that I hope to lose!! You losing 60 is truly amazing!! That gives hope for the rest of us. Haha. So keep up the GREAT work, and if you have any questions, then feel free to ask!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I take a full figure photo and print it out, place in on my fridge door. Yup the guests aren't that impressed but i am very happy where i am and extremely happy to know within two months i can wear that Bikini and look Hot for a 44 year old!!!!!!!

I love Boot Camp. knowning this gorgeous young man gets out of bed at 5:30 just to meet me in the town square and torture me helps.

and I love my Juicier. its is an amazing life changer!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I strongly believe that we humans have to develop courage to face life's challenges in general. The only way to do that is to just put yourself in the frame of mind that you are going to face things straight on. Maybe that sounds "Marine" to others but I find that if I do that, and avoid one great killer of motivation I am ready: that killer is self-pity. I simply will not feel sorry for myself inside as we must play every hand we are dealt in life the best way that hand can be played. We have to keep the focus on that which is possible right before us and not bemoan what isn't. It uses up precious time and energy and solves nothing.
Head Nurse
0 likes
I find I'm a stress runner. The more stressful and busier my life gets the more I want to do. The past year has been crazy busy/stressful and I pushed more and more. 6/day 10-12/hr weeks? I'll get up at 4:30 to run. Now I'm on 3 day work weeks and I find it hard to motivate on the off days. Same thing with my personal life. If I'm being stressed out I run.

So my problem is finding motivation when things are going well!
Lurker
0 likes
I grew up in a family of healthy eaters and athletic people so it is second nature to me. However, what keeps me going are both superficial and deeper. I like clothes and because I spend time at the beach I like looking fit in a bathing suit. But then I also like feeling healthy, like pushing my body, like how I feel mentally and like knowing I am guarding myself against many diseases related to weight. You have one life you should look and feel your best if you are able.