Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Would life really be better if everyone was honest, literally about everyting? Options · View
kornslayer1
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:59:38 PM

I think not, but people say they want you to be honest with them. My mom knows just about everything I think. My opinions on god, and people. I don't have to physically say most things, because she already knows I think it. Although, if I physically said a few select things, just to be open and honest, I'm not too sure that would be for the best. In fact, it would be for the worst. She knows I'm a skeptical person, but that's because of events in my life that have happened. She didn't raise me like that, but because of people and things that just didn't work out, I am, the way I am. Honesty, is it really the best policy?

Thanks for reading my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best.

Highwayman
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:15:27 PM

Yes, as long as your legs can stand it.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
CleverFox
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:11:54 PM

Watch the movie "The Invention of Lieing". (I hope I spelled that correctly.) I don't think life would be all that different if humans were incapable of not telling the truth.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:02:01 PM

i bet that, if we put up a thread in which, for a week, everyone had to be completely honest with each other, it would destroy friendships and devolve into pure nastiness within 24 hours - i'm not saying that people lie to each other, but sometimes people just decide that not saying anything at all is wiser then saying how they really feel. :)
Thrill_Seeker18
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:12:41 PM

Completely agree with sprite. I don't think it would be better at all. Sometimes not telling the EXACT truth is better for everyone, if it is just a small lie that is.
Highwayman
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:17:16 PM

Dissent

We keep those little things silent which later turn sour or deprive us of true enlightenment. I had a flock of seagulls including my closest friend tell me that they never liked my ex from the beginning. I don't know, but this politically correct, demure, inoffensive approach to things has not been working for a long time. Maybe we should shake things up?

It might enlighten us quicker.

Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 4:01:25 AM

If we were really honest, Maybe but we aren't. Not really. Most people do not want the truth, they want a version that is more comfortable for them to handle. The real truth is uncomfortable, maybe hurtful, maybe cold and maybe ugly but too many people want the version that feels better. BUT in my opinion it is the ugly, cold truth that helps a person to grow. My friends know that if they ask me, I will tell them. They appreciate it. Don't ask if you want a lie.
Examples:cliche but...Does my ass look big in these jeans. (Yes. I help her to find something she feels more confident in.)
Did I say something stupid? (No. I just think you shouldn't expound on Eastern European political history. you don't know the topic)
cliche Was spinach in my teeth all night? (Yes, I tried to get your attention but...you know who the hell cares. We laugh)
Do you think he will call in the next few days? (No. Move on.)
I like when someone is dead honest with me.

LadyX
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 7:42:29 AM

Being completely honest would be far worse than the bullshit we construct to avoid complete honesty.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 11:52:02 AM

This one guy I know doesn't need to know that whenever I look at him, I'm reminded of a pug dog.

This girl I know doesn't need to know that I actually find her to be really unfunny.

I don't need to know how much the girl I crush on actually dislikes me.

Etc.

No real productive reason to know the truth when it comes to getting along.

adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 12:08:55 PM

Honesty over rides everything...that's a no brainer. Without honesty, one is shallow and non-relevant. coffee
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 12:24:47 PM

adagio_sabadicus wrote:
Honesty over rides everything...that's a no brainer. Without honesty, one is shallow and non-relevant. coffee

I think 99% of your posts make absolutely no sense.

Tranquil
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:19:16 PM

Life is too short to be dishonest. Lies hurt more then the truth. Doesn't mean you have to blurt things out to hurt people, a sense of discretion in all parts of life is required! But hiding things, be false, is a very sad way to live life I would think. Must be extremely unhealthy too.

[i]Poem : The Cyber Touch http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-cyber-touch.aspx
Poem : The Last Moments http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-last-moments.aspx
Story : One day only http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/one-day-only.aspx
Poem: My Toy http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/my-toy.aspx#comments/i]

Sex is an emotion in motion (Mae West).
An Ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises (Mae West)
I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it. (Mae West)
musikboy
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:57:48 PM

Not really no !
toniw
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 4:07:22 PM

No way. So a girlfriend you are out shopping with asks you if her new hairstyle suits her. Or she has a pimple on her chin and asks if it really looks horrendous. Or your mother asks you at Sunday lunch what you have been doing this weekend? Oh yes, I can see honesty really working well in those cases.
Wilful
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 4:56:42 PM

I think honesty is always best, provided it's shared with respect and sensitivity. Empathy, rather than judgement.

And in light of Magical_felix's pug fantasies, I'm with Tranquil. I don't think we need to share opinions that aren't constructive.

Please check out my latest story, Girls Night.
MonicaVon
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 6:05:08 PM

Oh No. I don't need to know everything and people don't need to know most of the things that are in my head. Honesty and personal truths are all relative and some people are just downright evil in the head. I give my honest opinion when it's constructive and can actually contribute positively to something. Sometimes my honesty is just not needed.

Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 8:08:39 PM

It is all about intention and kindness. Honesty should not be about hurting someone. One thing I cannot stand are people who hurt people and say*I was just being honest* No you were being hurtful. I was just being blunt. No you were making the other person feel bad...not my scene. Honesty should be about caring, not hurting.
nazhinaz
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 1:50:39 AM

Tranquil wrote:
Life is too short to be dishonest. Lies hurt more then the truth. Doesn't mean you have to blurt things out to hurt people, a sense of discretion in all parts of life is required! But hiding things, be false, is a very sad way to live life I would think. Must be extremely unhealthy too.

I agree.
One may have an honest opinion about another,
still this "honest opinion" can be couched in words that are polite and positive.
Honesty doesn't mean rude or crude expression of opinion when it is not desired.
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:42:50 AM

There are times I'm not sure what I want, I'm sure I was honest at the time. I'm just being honest about it.
Genteel1957
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:02:19 AM

There is a difference between being honest and being blunt. I will always be honest. Yet there are many things that I will not say because it is blunt. And being blunt is being hurtful
celaenoeos
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:35:00 AM

I think...yes - honesty is the best policy ( cheesy but true) being honest 24/7 will hurt but in the end - lies hurt more than the truth...

A tale of love and romance...

From New York to Yorkshire, eighteen year old Ever Carter meets Nicholas Howard - a man who personifies perfection.
In a whirlwind romance, Ever and Nicholas fall in love.
But not unlike real life, their story isn't perfect.

*To read about their story, CLICK HERE
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:48:25 AM

I think some people simply doesnt have the emotional, mental, or psychological stability to handle the truth, even if they think they do. If everyone were honest though, I hope they choose which questions to answer and which to ignore.
elizabethblack
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:53:53 AM

No, life would not be better if everyone was honest. My opinions can and do change about things and people. It's such a broad topic. If you are in a group in a casual setting and someone asks about politics, religion, etc., those things that people often disagree about, it's better to take a pass if you sense your reply would not be well received. Then, you have a friend that asks you if you liked the meal they cooked for your birthday. Honesty? Why? So many times it would just be not appropriate.

angiegirl
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:24:01 AM

i think i am always hontest..but i hate to hurt some ones feeling so being nice i feel is the best thing..i hate to be the bearer of bad news
Highwayman
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:17:05 PM

There is the truth. Not the previous post but a summation of all posts. I don't wanna be the bearer, I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. Lets just bullshit each other nicely so you feel better at the moment, and hopefully I'm never tested at being an honest person.

Golf clap.

deftones25
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:53:06 PM

Not at all.
redhot363236
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 3:58:10 PM

Ever see "Liar, Liar"?
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 11:50:36 PM

Has anybody ever regifted a present they didn't like?
Or shoved it in a closet because you thought it was hideous?
(Why didn't you tell them you hated it and thought it was atrocious?)

Has anybody politely laughed at a joke that they didn't think was very funny?
from your boss, supervisor, or a relative?
(Why didn't you tell them that their joked sucked?)

Has anybody eaten a meal at a friends house that was overcooked, dry, and tasteless?
(Why didn't you tell them they are a horrible cook? That this meal was awful?)

Has anybody ever not felt like watching the same movie, cartoon, or animation for the 1000th time?
(Why didn't you tell your child that you're sick of watching that again?)

Has anybody ever listened to the ridiculous rantings of a client, customer, tenant, boss, supervisor, but still did what they asked or compromised?
(Why didn't you tell them how you honestly felt?)

Has anybody ever been tired and worn out and then you're reminded that your child has an event for you to attend?
(Did you still go?)

I could on and on. I have to put honesty into context. I believe, in some scenarios that life presents us, absolute honesty can be unnecessarily hurtful, self-serving, self-righteous, and financially detrimental. Who am I to determine what is truth? Absolutism is a little too rigid for how I have experienced life. Honesty obviously is the cornerstone for most things in life just so long as it is tempered with discretion.

doctorlove
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:30:37 AM

Being honest does not mean you cant sugar coat things. Now on the other hand i am a very honest person who does not sugar coat things
If my wife is to ask me "would you fuck mandy?" I would say yes. Maybe that is why she doesn't ask.

I have asked my wife the same question about men and she will answer no all the time, which we both know it is a lie. I would appreciate her to tell me the truth about everything.
(Not asking her to fuck, just asking her if in a life without our relationship would she)

How many of you women have told a man his cock size is fine, when really you are thinking the entire time you wish his cock was
Bigger or you wish he knew how to use what he had. Being honest can be a benefit to both parties in that case.
curious3045
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:33:05 AM

It would be an adjustment but in the long run it would solve many problems. The truth doesn't have to be mean, it is simply reality...