When Lush friends just disappear.

last reply
136 replies
12.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have known two Lush friends disappear without trace - Deuce226, who left an exciting series incomplete, and Sweetreminiscence, whose union With Naz this Friday I had been invited to. Ah well, I suppose that won't take place now.

It is better when friends announce that that are going to deactivate their account, because you know what to expect, and there is always the chance they will reappear at a later date.

How do other Lush members feel - should there be some way of notifying us when a friend deletes or deactivates their account? Maybe it should be part of the etiquette for members to inform their friends when they are leaving.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Disappear as in accounts are completely gone or just stopped posting?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wish there was a way for people to tell their friends that they are leaving Lush. I also was friends with Duece226 and was looking forward to more of their story. I had chatted with both him and his wife and found them to be very nice and interesting people. Then one day, POOF, gone without a trace, along with all of their great stories. I personally don't have a lot of friends on here, but if I decided to leave I would at least leave a good bye message. It would just be courteous. I know that some people get on these sites and don't really think that people connect or start friendships, but you do. And when you up a leave without at least a good bye. You don't have to even give a reason for leaving but at least say good bye.
Also, if you deactivate your account, wouldn't your stories still be here? Or is it basically the same a deleting, everything is gone.
I would have loved to know what happened to Duece226 and why they decided to leave, but I guess they had their reasons. Still....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Me too, anyone hear from jim_18 we had grown to know each other as well as anyone could online and zap after 6 months he's gone? Jim if you read this just tell me your ok.
Lurker
0 likes
Deactivation leaves all your links, forum posts and friends in place, and your stories are still on the site. although not available for viewing - on reactivation everything is restored. Deleting an account removes everything.
Lurker
0 likes
I have also lost some Lush friends. Gone without a trace. I worry about them and hope everything is okay and they are happy.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by virusman69
I have known two Lush friends disappear without trace - Deuce226, who left an exciting series incomplete, and Sweetreminiscence, whose union With Naz this Friday I had been invited to. Ah well, I suppose that won't take place now.

I don't know what happened to Deuce226 (hard to keep track of over 200K members).

Sweetreminiscence has been banned repeatedly for stealing professionally published authors' work, and trying to pass it off as her own. Her new incarnation (Karanaz) will be deleted too, plagiarism is one of our cardinal sins. You don't steal someone else's work, period.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Happens often......even worse when they are still on Lush!
"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I haven't been on Lush for that long but I met one person that I regard as a good friend. I am the type of person that might disappear, I tend to have phases. I sent a pm explaining this but gave my email and fb as I didn't want to lose touch. After reading this I think that I'll probably leave a post to say when I'm going.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the explanation about Sweetreminiscence. There is often a similar problem with students' written work - even at Masters level - they just copy and paste what they find on the internet without thinking about what it means. Perahsp a list of banned members could be published from time to time as a lesson to the rest of us!

Of course it is entirely different to be inspired by someone else's stories, as long as you digest the ideas and then write a story of your own with your own distinctive characters and plot line. This is one of the reasons I believ it is important to give characters a clear personal identity so that they become real people (that is when you are not writing autobiographically, of course.)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I had just found an author that really hit my spot, BLISSFULBETH , her stories were excellent and I was enjoying her different series and she has just disappeared. If you are still on here beth as another member could you let me know ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I can see how it could be depressing to lose a friend. However people change & things happen. It's just A fact of life.They may become Ill & don't want to talk about it. Or get married & don't want their new partner to find out about their dark desires. For whatever reason they are entitled to go as they please. I don't want to sound callus but, It's not always about you. Sorry but it's true.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by dpw
I haven't been on Lush for that long but I met one person that I regard as a good friend. I am the type of person that might disappear, I tend to have phases. I sent a pm explaining this but gave my email and fb as I didn't want to lose touch. After reading this I think that I'll probably leave a post to say when I'm going.

This is understandable and many take lush breaks. Please remember to utilize the deactivate option. Particularly if you write anything. It saves the team work and allows you to return later.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse

This is understandable and many take lush breaks. Please remember to utilize the deactivate option. Particularly if you write anything. It saves the team work and allows you to return later.

Thanks I'll do that don't want to burn my bridges.
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
I have had friends just disappear without saying goodbye, and it does leave you wondering if they are alright. On the other hand though I've had some friends that decide to leave and send out loads of messages over a number of weeks saying they are leaving, I think that can be a bit much. Just one simple message to all friends saying you are leaving is good enough.
Lurker
0 likes
It is a bummer for sure when "friends" just disappear! A little heads up is always nice to have.
Lurker
0 likes
While I have no intention of leaving - it's too much fun in here for one,

This is also a place to stretch my writing muscles - while I've written romance, it's always been for general audiences, so the deep eroticism was missing, now I'm trying my hand at that

If I ever did, manners would require me to inform not only those I've friended, but the others here with whom I've had interactions in the forums - and good manners are a keystone of my life.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I don't know what happened to Deuce226 (hard to keep track of over 200K members).

Sweetreminiscence has been banned repeatedly for stealing professionally published authors' work, and trying to pass it off as her own. Her new incarnation (Karanaz) will be deleted too, plagiarism is one of our cardinal sins. You don't steal someone else's work, period.

What!!?

There's no internet wedding tonight?

I'm feeling internet disappointed again.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Jayne33
I have had friends just disappear without saying goodbye, and it does leave you wondering if they are alright. On the other hand though I've had some friends that decide to leave and send out loads of messages over a number of weeks saying they are leaving, I think that can be a bit much. Just one simple message to all friends saying you are leaving is good enough.

This is why I think we should have a thing put in on our timeline like "So and so has deleted their account or so and so has deleted you" something like that, so we know. It would sure clear up a whole lot of confusion.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes it would be nice if we got something stating someone deleted there account. I know how it is when someone does and your not expecting it. I also have had one or two come out and tell me they were. What I would do is this put a comment up on my profile page saying I am leaving in a week.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by jonesam
I had just found an author that really hit my spot, BLISSFULBETH , her stories were excellent and I was enjoying her different series and she has just disappeared. If you are still on here beth as another member could you let me know ?

Yes, I agree. I read a couple of blissfulbeth's stories soon after joining the site and was also very disappointed to see her account had vanished. I particularly enjoyed the story in which a dirty old man received a blowie from a schoolgirl. It was beautifully written and very humorous. Legend!
Come on, Beth, let us know where you are.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have had a few friends disappear with out a trace....one of them I talked to quite frequently both here and in real life. There had been quite a few tragic events happening in and around his life during that time. The last time we had talked, he said he would talk to me the next day and then all lines of communication just stopped .... I often wonder what happened to my friend, I miss hanging out with him, but mostly I just hope he is well.

It would be nice if they would at least warn you before they disappear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
People cum and people go.... No big deal... Enjoy them while they're here and enjoy someone else while they're gone... Lush is full of wonderful people to enjoy. If you want a solid permanent relationship get off the computer and go find someone where you live...

Just one man's opinion....
Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)
Lurker
0 likes
People may come and go, that is not really the issue. As Buttercup 2u says, sometimes when people disappear it it is because of a problem in their life which perhaps their friends on Lush could help with. This community is not just about sex, but about looking out for each other. Just my opinion.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

What!!?

There's no internet wedding tonight?

I'm feeling internet disappointed again.

Yep, apparently he stood her up and she didn't even make it to the chat room Chapel. So glad I didn't send a gift.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

This is why I think we should have a thing put in on our timeline like "So and so has deleted their account or so and so has deleted you" something like that, so we know. It would sure clear up a whole lot of confusion.

I second this motion
Lurker
0 likes
It has happened again. A friend whom I connected with on Lush in a very real way, and with whom I exchanged many naughty messages and pictures has just disappeared without trace. She had written three very erotic stories, the last of them including one of the most sensual and beautiful descriptions of double penetration I have ever read. First she deactivated her account, leaving her stories and comments in place, and now she has gone completely. I had hoped we could collaborate on a couple of stories, now I will have to write them as a sort of memory. I am so sad, as I really felt we had the beginnings of a mutually satisfying relationship.
Lurker
0 likes

It happens. If that close, then they would have said something, or it would be apparent before anyone had to tell you.

Onward, and upward.
Lurker
0 likes
When friends just leave...or stop talking out of the blue...guess they were never really a friend...better to know sooner than later...why waste time if they can't have a little decency if they can't at least dropa note