Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Toy Review: UR3 Suction Cup Dildo (Doc Johnson)

last reply
27 replies
13.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes

A couple of years ago, a certain kinky girl on Lush started extolling the virtues of suction cup dildos and the fun of a hands-free ride while the dildo was suctioned to a chair.

At the time, I hadn’t had all that much experience with dildos; in fact I only had a very basic one that I’d bought during my college days purely for the novelty of it. While I am a vibrator lover, when it comes to approximating the human penis, I’ve always preferred the real thing since it’s usually rather readily available. During the times I wanted to achieve simulated double penetration, my basic garden-variety dildo seemed to suffice.

But then, I started thinking about how much variety in pleasure and positions there was to be had with a dildo that could be suctioned to various surfaces, whether it be a mirrored wall, a shower stall, a chair, a table or pretty much any hard surface you can think of. The hands-free element takes your dildo experience to another level, in my opinion, because you’re free to just enjoy the ride, as you would with a real cock. It also frees up your hands, which makes it ideal if you enjoy phone sex, like to play online or just want to put on a hot show for your guy or girl.

In the realm of dildos, I think Doc Johnson is a well respected brand, so I did a bit of online research and then was off to the toy store to check them out in person. A nice college-aged sales guy helped me pick one out while trying to keep his awkward stammering to a minimum. One thing I noticed, as I perused a veritably enormous wall of dildos from various brands, is that they are big! Clearly the industry caters to size queens because it was difficult to find a dildo that I could relate to without feeling like I might lose my virginity for a second time. The most human sized dildos were indeed the Doc Johnson ones, and so when given the option of the 6-inch model vs the 8 inch model, I chose the more modest size (more on that later).

This dildo is the next generation of what they term as ‘Realistics.’ It is made from non-phthalate body safe material, which includes Doc's anti-bacterial Sil-A-Gel formula and it was apparently molded from a real cock.

What is UR3?

This is a dual-density formula. It’s formed with two layers and is hard on the inside and soft on the outside. What this means is that when you hold it, it feels like an actual erection encased by real skin that allows for very subtle movement as you stroke it. If you haven’t held one of these, it’s definitely an interesting sensation and really does approximate a real cock. As a bonus, it also warms to the touch very quickly and doesn’t smell unpleasant, as so many plastic/rubber dildos do.

Size and Looks

It’s got some detail and veining and definitely looks pretty realistic for a dildo. It also comes in an array of skin shades:

You will notice that on the ‘white’ model, the head is a bizarre shade of pink. This is a very superficial color dye and with use, this pink coloring begins to fade out completely and become the same color as the shaft. If the idea of this bothers you at all or you’re concerned about the dye being absorbed internally, then you may want to opt for another shade. Really, it’s more of a light stain than anything else and I didn’t have any issues with irritation, nor did I really take much notice of the fading process, which actually happens rather quickly.

As I mentioned, it comes in both 6 inch and 8 inch models. There are also identical models that come with an internal vibrator and there is a Vacu-lock version that allows them to used with harnesses for strap-on sex. This review is for the basic dildo model.

With the 6 inch model, the total length is 8.3 inches, with a 6 inch insertable length (1.7 inch diameter) and the circumference is 5.5 inches.

With the 8 inch model, the total length is 9 inches, with an 8 inch insertable length (2 inch diameter) and the circumference is 6 inches.

It’s really up to you whether you prefer the 6 inch or 8 inch version. With the longer length, you will get a little more leeway with your play. Remember, you don’t have to insert right up the balls. If it’s on a hard surface, you might end up appreciating an extra inch or two for maneuverability. While the 6 inch model looked like more than enough for me, if I was going to buy it again, I would opt for the 8 inch version, purely for the reasons stated above. Depending on the surface it’s suctioned to and the angle of penetration, it would be nice to have a couple of extra inches to play with.

Incidentally, others that have seen this dildo can’t believe it’s only 6 inches. I think that speaks to the size inflation common with our modern cock culture.

To give you some idea as a size comparison, here is the dildo next to a nail polish bottle.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product if you’re looking for some hands-free fun or if you’re interested in using it to simulate double-penetration with a partner. It’s quite inexpensive for what you get. I’ve seen it offered online for as little as $25. It’s easy to clean with warm soap and water, and it comes with a small package of ‘powder’ (which I believe is a variation of cornstarch) that you can use after cleaning to keep it powdery soft and dry. It also comes with a complimentary single-use package of lube. I’ve used a water-based lube with this toy and had no issues with cleaning and overall wear. The suction cup mechanism is quite strong and adheres to most hard surfaces. You can also use it manually like a regular dildo, and again – this is where that couple of extra inches would be a bonus. As far as penetration and what it feels like – it definitely gets 5 stars from me. This is a great addition to any Toy Box!

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
you're welcome, btw biggrin btw, to add to that, a certain kinky girl took the idea and ran with it, introducing me to sticking it on a mirror, first just a small hand held one, then the full length wall one, it's fun to to watch yourself - well, it feels dirty, which is fun.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by sprite
you're welcome, btw biggrin btw, to add to that, a certain kinky girl took the idea and ran with it, introducing me to sticking it on a mirror, first just a small hand held one, then the full length wall one, it's fun to to watch yourself - well, it feels dirty, which is fun.

We're a good influence on each other. smile

Plus, it's so multi-functional, right? There's so many different positions and things to try with it.

For example, just think of the fun one could have if they were kneeling directly behind this girl.

Incidentally, using this position with it stuck to a full length wall mirror is a lot fun because then you get to both watch. If you use your imagination, you can simulate a bit of threesome action too.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

For example, just think of the fun one could have if they were kneeling directly behind this girl.

Fucking tease!

*giggles*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OMG! I have the same one, the 8" model and I love it. I have used it on a mirror, on a tile floor and as a hand held dildo, But my favorite way is in my shower where I can back up to it and fuck myself silly as the warm water caresses my body. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, So Good!!!

I sometimes wish I bought the 6" instead. The little thinner model would be better for some things I love, LOL. But who's to say I cant have 2 of them. Like DD said, its a great toy at an inexpensive price point.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Once when I was a very young kid, my father kept playing with a suction toy while talking on the phone (a kid toy, not a sex toy). He kept putting it on his forehead and removing it, but then at one point it literally stuck there and he couldn't remove it. It took him like 10 minutes messing around with warm/cold water and oil before he was able to remove it. He was almost afraid he would have to go to the hospital, or go to work like this.

That whole story would have been quite hilarious with this dildo, LOL. Imagine a guy driving to the hospital with a dick on his forehead... haha.

They should actually mention it in the instructions : "Do not put this toy in the dishwasher or the microwave. And please, don't stick it on your forehead. Dumbass."

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
Once when I was a very young kid, my father kept playing with a suction toy while talking on the phone (a kid toy, not a sex toy). He kept putting it on his forehead and removing it, but then at one point it literally stuck there and he couldn't remove it. It took him like 10 minutes messing around with warm/cold water and oil before he was able to remove it. He was almost afraid he would have to go to the hospital, or go to work like this.

That whole story would have been quite hilarious with this dildo, LOL. Imagine a guy driving to the hospital with a dick on his forehead... haha.

They should actually mention it in the instructions : "Do not put this toy in the dishwasher or the microwave. And please, don't stick it on your forehead. Dumbass."

Ouch. Yeah, suction on skin can be difficult - although it is actually considered a BDSM'esque fetish by some.

Ever heard of 'cupping' therapy? Kind of a similar principle, although they don't use dildos.

ps. Sounds like that kids toy was as safe as lawn darts. silly
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Dumbass.................Or Dickhead? You decide!!
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Ouch. Yeah, suction on skin can be difficult - although it is actually considered a BDSM'esque fetish by some.

Ever heard of 'cupping' therapy? Kind of a similar principle, although they don't use dildos.

ps. Sounds like that kids toy was as safe as lawn darts. silly

It's funny you mention cupping therapy, I watched a video about it just the other day. Kind of like the opposite of a massage, where you pull specific spots rather than applying pressure on them.

Also, I'm not sure if it was really the toy being dangerous or just my father being dumb. Probably the latter. I don't remember the story myself, but he and my mother keep telling it every once in a while. Apparently he had a big purple bruise for the rest of the day. Funny thing is, I kinda see parts of myself in his random acts of stupidity.

BTW, nice reviews.

Quote by Nikki703
Dumbass.................Or Dickhead? You decide!!

LMFAO! What a complete dickhead! Then he'll complain that ladies 'fuck with his head'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Great review,as i have been looking at getting the eight inch for mrs but as with most things you cant always believe what the manufactures say about it so it's good to hear another view ,thank you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the reviews sound great, i am thinking of getting one but am kinda nervous to go in and by it
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by bimale4straponfemale
the reviews sound great, i am thinking of getting one but am kinda nervous to go in and by it

http://store.lushstories.com/Dildos/Realistic-Dildos-and-Dongs?a=lushadultstore&cid=31#grid&attr_id[]=518299822

There ya go, no nervousness necessary, courtesy the new Lush store. Thank Nicola later...
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
To those who own this dildo: would you consider the girth appropriate for anal?

Lately I've been thinking about buying a new suction-cup dildo to perform DP with my girlfriend, as she finds our current one a bit uncomfortable for anal because it's hard and has textured veins. I've looked at different options, but somehow the UR3 cock from Doc Johnson always seemed a little too large for anal and I've never really considered buying it. The thing is, there's currently a big sale going on at my favorite online sex-shop and I could buy it for nearly half the usual price (40% sale).

Dancing_Doll mentioned that the girth is 5.5 inches in her review, but the sex-shop I could buy it from mentions 5.0 inches. They keep mentioning a girth of anywhere between 5.0 and 5.5 inches at different places around the web, but when I look at pictures/videos it definitely seems to be rather large. 5.5 inches does seem more accurate to me:

By comparison, my girlfriend owns a Tantus Vamp which is also listed as 5.0 inches of girth, but it seems narrower than Doc Johnson's UR3 Cock. It's slightly longer/thicker than my own cock (bigger than average without being enormous) and she can use it for anal occasionally, though that's still the biggest she's ever had in her ass and also probably the biggest she could handle comfortably:

Note: The base is solid and not a suction-cup

It could be fine if both dildos were the exact same size, but I'm afraid that the Doc Johnson's dildo might be larger and painful for anal. Even my girlfriend looked at it online and believes it might be too big, though maybe the women in those pictures/videos simply have small hands.

Thanks for your help!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

The 6-inch Doc Johnson is (for me) quite large for anal. It's quite thick. I have done it a couple of times, but only after a lot of sex and a lot of lube. The positives are that it's soft and feels fairly realistic. I really wish that D.C. made this same model of dildo, but a skinny version - then it would be pretty perfect. If anyone knows if something like this exists, let me know. But yeah... not gonna lie - you do need to do a decent amount of prep work if you're considering it for anal.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I really wish that D.C. made this same model of dildo, but a skinny version - then it would be pretty perfect. If anyone knows if something like this exists, let me know.

We're lucky, I just found the perfect dildo! I've been shopping online with my girlfriend earlier today and we went a bit overboard... we ordered almost $300 worth of toys (though most of it is actually sexy outfits that were on sale). I guess I'll have a few reviews to write in the upcoming weeks.

Here's what I found (and bought): a UR3 dildo made by Doc Johnson, and the dimensions are 7" long x 5" girth. If you look at the picture below however, you can see that the shape is definitely tapered: the 5" announced is the girth at the largest point (ie. at the base), but most of the shaft lies somewhere between 4.75" and 5.00", much closer to an average cock.

The only problem is that it doesn't come with a suction cup, though there's a hole at the back to use it with the vac-u-lock system; I also had to order a suction-cup adapter separately:

The thing is, both accessories together actually cost less than the 'regular' UR3 dildo. I paid $30 in total ($20 for the dildo, 10$ for the plug), whereas the regular UR3 suction-cup dildo was available for $36.

And this vac-u-lock hole can actually be a huge advantage. I also bought a small bullet vibrator to insert inside that hole, so that my girlfriend will also be able to use this dildo all by herself as a 'vibrating cock'. I was almost hoping that my wireless bullet would fit into it, but alas it's a little too big.

The bullet I bought is the High Intensity by California Exotic Novelties; apparently it's quite powerful for its size:

Anyway, I'm quite fucking happy with this purchase. At first I was hoping to buy a silicone dildo to use for DP with my girlfriend (similar to the Tantus Vamp that she already has), but then things got a bit complicated: silicone dildos rarely come with a suction-cup, those that exist weren't available where I live, finding a dildo with a vac-u-lock hole was a huge mess (and they were expensive as hell).

Technically, I could also have bought this dildo in silicone. There are 3 versions available: jelly rubber, realistic UR3, and silicone. $10, $28, and $38 respectively on Amazon (though the silicone version was much more expensive where I bought mine, almost $30 more than the UR3 version):

Jelly rubber: http://www.amazon.com/Doc-Johnson-Vac-u-lock-Natural-7

UR3: http://www.amazon.com/Vac-U-Lock-7-UR3-Dong-White

Silicone: http://www.amazon.com/Doc-Johnson-Vac-U-Lock-Platinum-Edition

I'm not quite sure why Doc Johnson doesn't also offer that cock with a suction-cup; the shape is almost better than this other one (the girth is plenty enough and the tapered shape is perfect for anal). And with the vac-u-lock adapter, it will also be longer and easier to maneuver (almost 9" long I guess); and it's likely lighter than the other one, without the heavy balls. I've seen the regular UR3 cock many many times before, but I had to dig a bit deeper to finally stumble across the one I bought.

Anyway, I'll report back when I'll receive it: I'll either drop a quick comment here or I'll write a proper review.

You can also check this page to see what it looks like in the hands of a woman: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/tv/3805/
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
You people living in the United States are blessed with bargains; I just found the brown UR3 version for as low as $12.34 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Doc-Johnson-Vac-U-Lock-Thin-Brown

Brown labor is cheaper in the US. You can probably get the real thing for about the same price per hour.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Brown labor is cheaper in the US. You can probably get the real thing for about the same price per hour.

Seems kind of big for a brown one...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Seems kind of big for a brown one...

When next to a big vagina, they all look kinda small... I thought this example here looked a little thin.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

When next to a big vagina, they all look kinda small... I thought this example here looked a little thin.

That explains it - mine isn't exactly virginal and 21 anymore. silly

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

That explains it - mine isn't exactly virginal and 21 anymore. silly

The gine stretching out after many cocks is just a myth. You know that.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

The gine stretching out after many cocks is just a myth. You know that.

yeah, but the fists are a different story.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

yeah, but the fists are a different story.

Stop right there. That's enough fun for one thread.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Wow, the shipping was fast, I just received my package of toys today. I'm still waiting for all my lingerie/outfits though (I built a separate order for that).

First impressions: the dildo is actually a bit smaller than I expected. The girth is very close to the one of my own dick, I'll have to compare with a proper hard-on, haha. The dimensions stated are accurate though: 7" long x 5" girth. I just measured the girth with a tape, and it's exactly 5" right at the middle of the shaft. Size-queens might find it a little small to be used as a proper solo vaginal dildo, but it's perfect for how I want to use it myself (double-penetration with my girlfriend): the size is perfect and it's very soft/pliable. I already knew how the UR3 material would feel like though, my Sasha Gray Sucker is made from the exact same material.

The bullet vibrator that I received seems defective however: it works, but I can't press on the button and I can't change the speed (it's supposed to have 3 speeds available). Luckily, it seems to be stuck on the higher setting. I just have to unscrew the battery cap to turn it off.

And I still need to receive my suction-cup adapter; I had to order it on Amazon as it wasn't available from this sex-shop.

It's likely that I'll write a proper review in the next few weeks, with pictures and all. I'll test it with my girlfriend with all those different accessories (suction-cup, bullet vibrator, etc.) and I'll report back.

I'm already happy with my purchase though, it seems perfect so far.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

The Doc Johnson is (for me) quite large for anal. I have done it a couple of times, but only after a lot of sex and a lot of lube. The positives are that it's soft and feels fairly realistic. I really wish that D.C. made this same model of dildo, but a skinny version - then it would be pretty perfect. If anyone knows if something like this exists, let me know. But yeah... not gonna lie - you do need to do a decent amount of prep work if you're considering it for anal.

There is a company called "VixSkin" that makes silicone dildos that has the skinner models. They are amazing and I strongly recommend them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

The 8" model is to big for me to use anally, I have since bought the 6" model and while it is still petty thick, I have used it anally and enjoyed it as long as I am previously turned on and well lubed.

I really love using these toys in the shower!!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Saga

There is a company called "VixSkin" that makes silicone dildos that has the skinner models. They are amazing and I strongly recommend them.

Thank you! I've heard of that brand before - I'll check them out.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Saga

I know that VixSkin and Tantus are the two most renowned manufacturers of silicone dildos. At first I intended to buy a quality silicone dildo to use for double-penetration, so I've actually looked into both of these brands while shopping. But the thing is, none of their products comes with a suction-cup base, you'd have to buy one that has a hole at the back and buy a suction-cup adapter as I've shown in one of my previous posts.

And even then, those were hard to find on Amazon: the only one I found myself was the Tantus John Doe, which looked neat and had the perfect dimensions, but it was available for around $80 (and that's without the adapter and the shipping fees). A bit too costly just to be used occasionally with my girlfriend.

The LushStore actually offers quite a few silicone dildos with a suction-cup, like this one: http://store.lushstories.com/Dildos/Realistic-Dildos-and-Dongs/

They would charge me $30 to ship where I live however, it's totally not worth it for me personally.