Equestrian

last reply
12 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi all not sure if this is the right forum but I'm fairly new here so guess the mods will move it if needs be.Recently into my horse riding sports so wondered if anyone else here rode too?
Lurker
0 likes
I do from time to time. I did it more when I was a child though. I am no equestrian but when I am on vacation I do enjoy a nice ride sometimes if I am in a natural setting especially. Plus I love horses.
Lurker
0 likes
M'Lady and I go riding perhaps half a dozen times a year - there is a stable a bit away from us where we rent the horses and their trail leads to a state park that has riding trails. Reason we go there instead of a closer stable is that they have side-saddles available, none of the others do. M'Lady wears skirts all the time and to ride astride would be...inconvenient.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Grew up showing/riding/training. Became the Asst trainer for a large, national winning training barn. gave about 60+ lessons a week for 6 yrs plus worked training horse. Burned out, quit, and went to nursing school. Now I have a few personal riding horses and rarely ever take them off the farm.

And because this thread is nothing without pictures, here is Shay, my current horse:

Ziggy:

and Reev(available for purchase):
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love riding.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My uncle had a stable when we were growing up, so we were always shipped off to the farm for the summer. I loved my time with the horses. I grew up riding western, but moved to English when I hit my teens and wanted to start competing. Uncle Rick would laugh at English, but his wife Carla was always great with me, and taught me everything she knew. I have her to thank for a wall of ribbons! My son has just started riding, so I'm back in the barn again and loving it. Shout out to my favourite - Cobalt, you'll always have a special place in my heart. (sniff, sniff).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I did! I grew up on a farm and competed in equestrian riding competitions around my province. I even owned a few horses as well, my favourite being Snuggles (I didn't name her btw). I was pretty damn good at the time and have dozens of ribbons and trophies boxed up in storage somewhere along with my riding clothes, boots, crop, spurs and helmet among other things I haven't been able to part with. It was a big passion of mine at one point in my life.
Lurker
0 likes
Hoping to get back into it more serious, work and life often gets in the way though sad

Read a couple of adult stories with an equestrian sports background some years ago which were pretty hot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to, when I was younger, my mum used to ride and she took me along for lessons. I really loved it. Haven't been for about 15 years now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Check out my avatar. That was a draft cross named Fezzik (The Princess Bride) He coliced and had to be put down. He was a wonderful horse - great personality, beautiful movement. He was a big boy -1700 pounds and 17 hands. He died 2-1/2 years ago and I still miss him.

I still have a quarter horse. He's older, but still very athletic. I bought him for cutting, but hes ended up just being a horse I ride around on.

I dont get to ride much as I had a serious health issue about a year and a half ago and it affected my balance. I believe I will be able to start riding again this spring.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Lurker
0 likes
Um, check out my profile and look at my pic's and it will become pretty apparent how I feel about horses. The best thing for the inside of a man, is the outside of a horse! I use them in my work, along with my dogs, and I ride and train them for profit and pleasure. Horses are the most honest creatures on earth. A horse will always tell you what it's going to do, before it does it, you just have to know what to look for. They speak they're own language, and once you learn it, they are very easy to communicate with. I've never met a bad horse, only bad trainers! I don't help people with horse problems, I help horses that have people problems!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes I do.. I have a horse and ride as often as possible...

the equestrian facilities in NYC r truly wonderful..

and the countryside is not far away..

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I ride most weeks. Keeps me fit. English style I guess you'd call it