Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Has Lush boosted your confidence in the physical world? Options · View
stephanie
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:43:17 PM

Good Question...

Upon Lush I've "met" and experienced people and things that I certainly hadn't encountered before... I've been enriched by that. I have real friends here. ( I've met 'Lush people' In Real Life, and that too has been rewarding, if not without complication in some cases...) I've also had the pleasure to WORK at Lush, supporting the site itself and other writers, many FAR better than me... In honesty, apart from the pleasure I receive from the results of my own writing here, THAT privilege is a particular pleasure.

And YES I DO take that pleasure into my 'real' life. I'm praised here as a writer, valued as a helper to others IN MY WAY and very proud of a site I contribute to.

So, YES! That knowledge gives me confidence and pleasure in my 'physical' life...

I've CERTAINLY learned a great deal, in a lot of ways, from my time here. I still do almost everyday...

xx Steph

"Is there a PLACE in this city to always feel this way?" (The Blue Nile)
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:15:28 PM

Not really. There have been no tangible changes in my life due to Lush.

But my sexual horizons have been expanded tremendously. It's like I've had glimpses of completely different worlds sexually. I've been exposed to sexual subcultures that I never knew existed. My time here so far has definitely been a learning experience. And though I may not necessarily completely understand some things (there are some I never wish to understand), I just feel more cultured sexually.

I am more confident in my own knowledge of sex, especially in terms of what does and doesn't turn me on. I still know and exercise my own limits, but there's more to the world sexually than what I know and understand...and that fascinates me.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

dpw
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:21:57 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:
Not really. There have been no tangible changes in my life due to Lush.

But my sexual horizons have been expanded tremendously. It's like I've had glimpses of completely different worlds sexually. I've been exposed to sexual subcultures that I never knew existed. My time here so far has definitely been a learning experience. And though I may not necessarily completely understand some things (there are some I never wish to understand), I just feel more cultured sexually.

I am more confident in my own knowledge of sex, especially in terms of what does and doesn't turn me on. I still know and exercise my own limits, but there's more to the world sexually than what I know and understand...and that fascinates me.

One question, don't you think you're tolerant because of that knowledge?
I think that I am Some things have been so well explained and given different perspectives on a variety of topics that I hadn't considered.
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:24:13 PM

dpw wrote:

One question, don't you think you're tolerant because of that knowledge?
I think that I am Some things have been so well explained and given different perspectives on a variety of topics that I hadn't considered.

I've always been open minded in general. I don't reject things I don't understand and I don't mind being proven wrong. That's just naturally how I am. Since being here, I understand some things more in depth than I would have on my own. But being here hasn't made me more or less tolerant than I always have been.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:02:29 PM

Not sure I can say it has boosted my confidence but I sure have been fortunate enough to make a few good friends.. Some I have met, others not. It certainly a place where I can raise my freak flag and no one has ever had a harsh word to say. Maybe it has affected me in ways I don't recognize just yet :)
kornslayer1
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:56:21 PM

I guess in some way, I talk a little more on the outside world, so I'm a little more open.

Thanks for reading, or looking at my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice for you to choose from, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best. I know a lot of you like my stories that was in the removed category, but I hope you can appreciate the rest of them. Check this one out.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
dpw
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:55:25 PM

kornslayer1 wrote:
I guess in some way, I talk a little more on the outside world, so I'm a little more open.

That surprises me, in your posts you come across as a really self assured and confident type of guy.
kornslayer1
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:31:08 PM

dpw wrote:

That surprises me, in your posts you come across as a really self assured and confident type of guy.

Well, I guess that's because there is the Lush world, and the real world. Two different things.

Thanks for reading, or looking at my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice for you to choose from, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best. I know a lot of you like my stories that was in the removed category, but I hope you can appreciate the rest of them. Check this one out.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
BelleduJour
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:08:33 PM

Without a doubt! I came across Lush shortly after I separated from my hubby about 4 years ago. It was a wonderful place to get lost in the stories and get comfortable with feeling sexual again. Eventually, I decided to become a member and see what kind of trouble I could get into (haha).

Having spent 20 years being completely faithful to ONE man where sex and intimacy felt more like an after-thought than a priority, it was incredibly liberating to meet and play with like-minded men and women in a place that felt safe to be and say and do as I wished. Lush has been INSTRUMENTAL in helping me connect all the dots of myself I knew were there but either was too afraid to connect or was unsure of how to go about it for fear of rejection or ridicule. Everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING I've learned and experienced from being on here, both the good and the not so good, has made me a much more confident, attentive, appreciative and loving woman in my real life and in my real relationships (and not just with men). I know that may sound rather dramatic but it's the gospel truth. I only wished I felt this way 20 years ago - oh how my life would have been so different.

Thank you Lush 2407_group_hug

Loves_to_Lick25
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:21:34 PM

Yes and I've learnet lots of new things and been given many new ideas
Twofish1way
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2014 8:54:28 AM

Lush has made me want more out of sex. I don't know if that is good or bad. Sometimes your man is tired, and it isn't mind blowing kinky sex. I am starting to expect it to be always! I expect more from sex and more from my partner...is that fair?
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:57:58 PM

This is an interesting thought and I would have say, to a degree, yes.