Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A religion wants to change beach attire laws Options · View
elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:22:32 PM

Thank you titaniumcufflinks. I probably didn't make myself clear, but my point was "heard on the radio this morning" etc., is not proof to me that "a certain religion wants to make women cover up on the beach". Until I have better bonifides than that, it sounds a lot like just an imflamatory remark. As I see from the responses here, it does generate a lot of varied opinions. I also quite agree with ByronLord and Sandrita48. Just saying.

Highwayman
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:31:25 PM

Irony is beset all sides of the American experience. In which, we collectively set our own collective sarcastic remarks toward it's supposed innocence, and promises.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:40:42 PM

Me and my friend here are gonna be the hottest bitches on the beach. YES!

When will people stop trying to control the liberties of other people? Oh that is right. Never. Maybe just maybe they need to stay away from beaches instead of trying to tell other people what to do to please them. Narcissistic group think at work yet again.
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:50:25 PM

they should not force their religion on people with different viewpoints and beliefs. i am religious, but this is too far, and i would never make someone go out of their way to appease me. they should be aloud to keep swimming far out and we should be aloud to wear our speedos and bikinis. But thats just my opinion. My 2 cents
Wilful
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:04:13 PM

It's obviously just some dickhead talkback radio host trying to fan the flames of hatred and racism to sell a few more funeral plans. No doubt Today Tonight and A Current Affair will be soon milking this on all four tits when they get back from the Christmas break.

Most Muslims, like most Christians and most everyone else, don't give a shit. We're all just trying to get along with our lives. But still, we make way for the very vocal, incredibly ignorant minority who, after thousands upon thousands of years of social evolution, still haven't figured out that we all do better as a group than we do on our own. But what the hell? Hate 'em because they're different. Turn the Australian flag into a symbol of racism. Drive around in your utes with your "fuck off, we're full" bumper stickers.

It's just so sad, I want to cry.

Then again, if it stops our Prime Minister getting about in his budgy smugglers, then I'm all for it.

Please check out my latest story, Girls Night.
kornslayer1
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:57:44 PM

That's not stupid, not stupid at all.

Thanks for reading my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best.

countrygirl58
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:42:34 PM

Religions should not be able to dictate what people wear on a beach. And if it is people from other countries then they should find somewhere else to swim.
1lush
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:08:35 AM

I find this to be the dumbest thing in the world, but with the way religion force beliefs they will try. I have a friend whose parents put in a pool and only allow people in it fully dressed, not even a one piece for the women. I know that religious beliefs are a persons right, but this is wrong.
ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:35:23 PM

elizabethblack wrote:
Thank you titaniumcufflinks. I probably didn't make myself clear, but my point was "heard on the radio this morning" etc., is not proof to me that "a certain religion wants to make women cover up on the beach". Until I have better bonifides than that, it sounds a lot like just an imflamatory remark. As I see from the responses here, it does generate a lot of varied opinions. I also quite agree with ByronLord and Sandrita48. Just saying.

The lack of self-examination seems to be the norm here.

Yesterday I was at a meeting of the New World Order and we had the usual blather from a US general complaining about Brazil which has just called a big conference on governance of the Internet as a direct response to the Snowden/NSA leaks.

General: "What has Brazil done to further human rights recently?"

Me: "Well in 1985 they removed the military dictatorship that murdered tens of thousands of fellow citizens and served as the model for similar regimes across Latin America that were also installed with the active involvement of the CIA and NSA."

General: "Do you think they hate America for it?"

Me: "No General, I think they hate senior military officers who consider themselves beyond accountability."

Perhaps there is a reason I don't get invited very often.

Highwayman
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:10:52 PM

Heathens.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
hayley
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:44:03 AM

SydneySider wrote:
Ok, so I hear on the radio this morning that a certain religion wants to make women cover up on our beaches. Here is why. Because being surrounded by women in bikinis is against their religion, the men are forced to swim at the beaches outside the safety of the surf lifesaving flags because they cant be seen near a woman who is 'scantily clothed.' To me, this is absolute fucking madness. This, and many other countries, do everything within their powers to make religions from other parts of the world feel welcome, and allow them to continue to practise their beliefs. But for me, this is taking it just a little too far, and to be honest, it will never happen. So, how would this make you feel if your country, your rights, were faced with even the suggestion of something like this?

people who swim outside the flags have a tendency to drown .. as I remember.. i'll bring the girls Embarassed .. we'll pack between the flags ... maybe we will drive them even further out... don't forget to take down the shark signs :D
hayley
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:45:40 AM

Highwayman wrote:

Heathens.

Halloween party?

hate the costumes.. love what's in them gigglesEmbarassed
hayley
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:49:35 AM

ByronLord wrote:

Yesterday I was at a meeting of the New World Order and we had the usual blather from a US general complaining about Brazil which has just called a big conference on governance of the Internet as a direct response to the Snowden/NSA leaks.

Me: "Well in 1985 they removed the military dictatorship that murdered tens of thousands of fellow citizens and served as the model for similar regimes across Latin America that were also installed with the active involvement of the CIA and NSA."

Me: "No General, I think they hate senior military officers who consider themselves beyond accountability."

I doubt u will ever be invited again... which will turn them into very dull affairs giggles
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:33:22 AM

ByronLord wrote:

Unfortunately dictatorship is returning to Brazil. cussing
Kennyboy82
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:02:23 AM

People should vote with their feet. Just don't go to such countries for a holiday. There's plenty more enlightened places to enjoyyourself in.