Login

Rest In Peace - James Avery

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' actor James Avery dies.

The American actor James Avery has died aged 65, his publicist has said.

He was best known for his role as Phil Banks in US television series The Fresh Prince of Bel Air with Will Smith.

His fellow cast member in the show Alfonso Ribeiro, who played his son Carlton, tweeted: "I'm deeply saddened to say that James Avery has passed away.

"He was a second father to me. I will miss him greatly."

The actor, who is survived by his wife, Barbara, appeared in a number of films and TV shows including Gray's Anatomy, Star Trek: Enterprise, and 1996 film Happy Gilmore.

But he was best known for his portrayal of 'Uncle Phil' in 1990s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

He appeared in 141 episodes of the programme alongside his on-screen nephew, Will Smith, and was reunited with most of the cast at a charity event two years ago.

Avery's publicist, Cynthia Snyder, told The Associated Press that Avery died on Tuesday in Glendale, California, following complications from open-heart surgery.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Aww to his family and friends, enjoyed watching that series smile R.I.P
0 likes
That's too bad. I watched the Fresh prince a bit growing up, and he was really funny on those couple episodes of That 70s show.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
fresh prince will never be the same... i wish his family and friends my deepest sympathy

Say. Her. Name.