What's on your culinary bucket list?

last reply
34 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Is there anything you've always wanted to try or prepare yourself but haven't yet?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I want to make my own kale chips - which I hear is super easy. Buying pre-bought kale chips is ridiculously expensive for the amount you get in the bag.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am sure I'll come across something soon. I like to cook. My wife and I often cook & prepare our meals together. We love to try new recipes. We're wearing out our Paula Deen cookbook, which means I have to keep my calorie burn up. haha
❤️️🌹Elusive Enigma 🌹❤️️
0 likes
I want to get a food dehydrator and make my own dried fruit (banana chips, apple slices, pineapple chunks, etc) because it's so much cheaper and healthier than buying the prepared stuff in the store.
 Kissing your lips while straddling your lap. 
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm pretty fearless when it comes to making anything in the kitchen. But I think my holy grail would be Bisteeya.
I haven't had it in years, but I still remember the taste. *Drool*
It's a sweet and savory chicken pie made with almonds, cinnamon and phyllo pastry.
It's nummy and delicious and a painstakingly long process to make it.
But I've finally managed to make spanakopitas without making a total mess, so it might be next on my list of things to conquer.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I want to make my own kale chips - which I hear is super easy. Buying pre-bought kale chips is ridiculously expensive for the amount you get in the bag.

I make my own beetroot chips, they are delicious.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I make my own beetroot chips, they are delicious.

Oooh... I've never even heard of beetroot chips! Might even be a palatable way for me to handle actually eating beets.
There aren't many veggies I don't like, but I've never quite found a taste for beets and radishes. 'Chipped' might be a whole different story though. smile
Head Nurse
0 likes
Borscht, I really enjoyed the few times I've had it and would like to try my hand at making it some time.

Also cheese.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Oh, I have to think about this one for a bit. But one thing would be Baklava.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Saga
Oh, I have to think about this one for a bit. But one thing would be Baklava.

Made it a couple times. Very tasty, very time consuming.
Lurker
0 likes
I have to master the art of baking a cheesecake. I have tried dozens of times, but they never turn out right!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have not found a recipe that intimidated me to the point of not trying it; however, i have made boned stuffed chicken wings but have not gotten to the point of deboning an entire chicken and stuffing it, which a Thia chef i know has been urging me to try.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Making my own cheese is definitely on my list, as well. I've made ricotta before...but it really is one of my least favorite cheeses unless it's incorporated with other cheeses like in pasta or pizza, but the easiest to make.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by ajm45
I have to master the art of baking a cheesecake. I have tried dozens of times, but they never turn out right!

Do you use a waterbath? this helps alot!
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Dani
Making my own cheese is definitely on my list, as well. I've made ricotta before...but it really is one of my least favorite cheeses unless it's incorporated with other cheeses like in pasta or pizza, but the easiest to make.

someday...we used to milk our own. you would think i would have tried it then. oops.1z69lAxE7FWtihln
Lurker
0 likes
Anything and everything a bakery would make... I must master
and yummy Tofu. I will master making it so yummy nobody knows it is tofu but me!
And I suppose British comfort food for my Kitty ^.^
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KittenCupcake

And I suppose British comfort food for my Kitty ^.^

Do you mean jam roly poly, spotted dick, bread and butter pudding that sort of thing?
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
I'd like to be able to cook a pizza without burning it.

I'd like to be able to bake any kind of cake, especially brownies, me and baking cakes are not friends.

I would like to cook and try goose I never have.

I would like to be able to cook a baked Alaska, I love it, how does one not melt the ice cream though You have to put it in the oven ffs ???

I want to be able to cook Chinese smoked shredded chicken and also their spare ribs with spiced salt and chilli.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Gold hearted fun loving Aussie Angel
0 likes
love to try tiramisu
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
dont judge me...i am a really good cook and i bake well too. but i have this really old recipe for this candy like fudge...i cant do it! it either is too hard or too soft....sigh one day i will master it
my newest :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Risotto! Croissants! and sooo much more. sad. Lack of energy to go hunting for ingredients and a serious lack of time. Slowly, I'll simmer up my dreams smile
Happiness is not an outcome or an entitlement. It is not tangible and it is not purchasable. It is a conscious decision, it is a state-of-mind, it is a choice you make at every crossroad.
Lurker
0 likes
I want to learn how to make vegetable samosas,I'm addicted to them.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Would love to search for truffles and eat them. smile truffle "truffle" not chocolate truffle ( though I love those ones too :) biggrin)
"Some say love
It is a razor
That leads your soul to bleed."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by TheSensualLady
I want to get a food dehydrator and make my own dried fruit (banana chips, apple slices, pineapple chunks, etc) because it's so much cheaper and healthier than buying the prepared stuff in the store.

Yes, you're right, also because you can buy organic fruits. A food dehydrator is convenient and pretty cheap to buy. If you however have a gas oven with a pilot light you can do it there. I used to dry the fruits slices and they came out good, just remember to turn them. I no longer have that oven and the newer one has electronic ignition.

I miss the old one as I used to also make yogurt and many other uses... with just the warmth from the pilot light. The lowest temperature of the newer oven is still too hot for many uses.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
Making this at home.

I eat it out but never make it at home.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Try ricotta with french toast. Never had ricotta before and was leery to use it, but this italian style french toast recipe incorporated it and it was delicious.

- Lobster is probably one the list for something fancy. That scares me though. Easy to screw up.

- Chocolate lava cake

- My own homemade chocolate would probably be cool

- Desert Torte

- Scallops
Nerdzilla
0 likes
This cheesecake/brownie recipe is making my mouth water. I vow this week I'll make it. (and share, if anyone is interested)

In other news, mutter the words "Mongolian BBQ" and don't be surprised if I show up for lunch or dinner.