Paleo

last reply
6 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Curious whether there are any of you out there that have experimented with the Paleo diet or any of the many variations.

I've lost about fifty pounds in the past two years eating that way. My eating habits fluctuate, but more or less, I stay with it.
0 likes
I started Paleo three weeks ago and not only have I lost a few undesirable pounds, the difference in the way that I feel is quite significant.

My head is much clearer and I don't feel like I am in a "fog" that I used to be at times. I would also say that I have a lot more energy as well. It's actually amazing how many great things you can cook under this plan! I love it!
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey guys mind helping a young man like my self know,what is the Paleo diet?
Lurker
0 likes
Most people who do it hate the name.

Essentially though, the idea is to eat the way that we evolved to eat, that it, before modern agriculture. The idea is that our bodies aren't evolved to digest grains, legumes (beans), or dairy. And all forms of sugar.

The truth, though, is that we are constantly evolving and people handle these foods with different levels of success.

For me, I stay away from all grains and legumes with great success. I eat some dairy. I struggle with the sugar thing, and usually once or twice a week I'll have something sweet.

Check out FatBurningMan.com for good, fairly unbiased info. Also MarksDailyApple.com.

Good luck!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't believe that I qualify as Paleo per se, but I have eliminated grains and dairy over the last few years and I feel so much better.
The intellect is always fooled by the heart. ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Head Nurse
0 likes
I've been looking into this more and more and think I'm going to try it. I've debated starting with whole30 to start.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
If you can combine it with fairly intense exercise you can see fairly rapid results but the comments on how people 'feel' are pretty interesting.
Depending on the carb/ratios you play with you can have some pretty dramatic results. Once the body starts to use fats for fuel the highs and lows you used to get tend to disappear. That being said if you have the old carb chaos day don't be surprised if you enter the most epic sugar coma.
Definitely worth a go though, overall it's a really healthy lifestyle choice.