Nutella - YES or NO?

101 votes remaining
Hell yes! Cover me in the delicious stuff. (76 votes) 75%
Meh, I can take it or leave it. (35 votes) 35%
Not in a million years. (29 votes) 29%
What the hell is Nutella? (6 votes) 6%
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I was really big on Nutella the past couple of years. I've simmered down quite a bit. It's delicious stuff...and actually a healthy sweet (when used in moderation). But I do feel it's a bit overrated.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff. It's good. There's tons of stuff you can do with it like brownies, hot chocolate, pancakes, muffins, etc...but I'm not like super duper insane nutso about it like I used to be. I could definitely go without it for a period of time and not crave it.

So I guess I'm sort of indifferent to it. If you'd have asked me this a couple of years ago, I would have chosen the first option. Now I'm just sorta take it or leave it. Probably because of Nutella overkill. It's happened with lots of my favorite foods...well former favorite foods.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I had it a couple of times as a kid. It's a bit too sweet for me. I can understand the lure - it's like melting a chocolate bar on a piece of bread. It's just not something I crave or think of buying.
Lurker
0 likes
I love it. If I wanted I could eat a jar with a spoon.
0 likes
Take it or leave it. Peanut butter, esp. all natural, is more my speed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like Nutella. Just not on bread. I prefer to add it when I make ice cream. It never quite freezes and it adds a nice texture. It's much nicer to swirl into it than chocolate chips which freeze into little rocks of chocolate that I can break a tooth on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We must add that is quite a unique food item; a hazelnut spread similar to peanut butter but with cocoa added. It’s been imitated by a few companies, to my knowledge none ever came close. I grew up on Nutella and I would still enjoy it if it wasn’t for the sugar content. I have used in cakes, as a topping, in drinks and folded in ice cream. Just as a challenge, I even tried to make my own but just a healthier version.

The below recipes is quite good, in my opinion not a Nutella wannabe yet the flavor is richly complex. Worth a "taste". However do not need to be that elaborated. It’s fun to experiment and put any nuts in a food processor and pulse, or also add other ingredients as stevia (sweetener), cocoa and a liquid as milk or almond milk. Also vanilla or other essences for a quick spread.

Nutella Recipe
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I've never actually tried it.

The explosion of the stuff into popularity gives me the giggles, though. I can remember working at the grocery store and only getting a 6-pack case of it in maybe twice a year in the 90s.

Now I work in a facility that loads trucks, and it's nothing unusual for a single store to get 20-30 cases of the stuff per order, or a hundred of the Nutella&Go packs.

Hershey's attempt to make an extremely late jump on the bandwagon with a knockoff spread is sort of sad. From what I'm seeing, it's going over about as well as Nutella did back in the day.

It smells good. Lord knows I've been exposed to enough broken jars of it over the years to know that. I've just never been tempted to try it, and the popularity of it now makes me rebel against even considering it.

Plus I'm sick to death of seeing it when I'm helping to process pallet after pallet of it every day.
Lurker
0 likes
I absolutely love it with crackers or toast. Don't fancy it on its own though.x
CurlyFries
0 likes
I can't stand the taste of hazelnuts anymore, so I'll pass on the Nutella. I think I might have OD'd on Ferrero Rocher candies one Christmas, so no more hazelnut anything for me.

I have a friend who is addicted to dipping her pretzels in Nutella.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes.

I do like it. I'm not crazy about it though. I find myself craving salty things more often than sweet. I have only eaten it with a spoon before though I guess my Nutella philosophy is why ruin chocolate with bread?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Alphamagus
Hell Yes!!!

Prolific Writer
0 likes
It's okay. A bit too sweet for me.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Ohh Yes, Yes, yes I had some yesterday
Like a small orgasm in a jar ... Hehehe
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It all depends on where the girl has spread it.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Nutella... Marshmellow fluff... Peanut butter... Either on soft white bread or a wrap...mmmmmmmmmm.... just a sugar orgasm!!!... lol... smile
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i love it too much...cant really eat it like i did before (spoon and jar) but i still enjoy it little bit at time when i can
my newest :)
Gold hearted fun loving Aussie Angel
0 likes
Quote by padfootthegreat
I love it! Especially with strawberries

i agree totally... mmmm
Lurker
0 likes
Definitely NO!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Meh. It's okay, I don't go mad for it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honestly, I don't think I have ever tasted it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Yes! Come on, Banana nutella crêpe!