Login

Finding inspiration in a simple movie.

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I just watch this movieon Netflix "Strongman". It is a documentary about a guy trying to make money as a strong man. I found inspiration through watching a "day" in the life of Stanly Pleskun. I found inspiration in this documentary because me and Stanly have two things in common: one we both are stronger then the normal man and second we both are trying to make money out of something we love doing.

Like Stanly I too like to eat as much whlole foods as I can. I wish him the best in his endeavor. Stanly never gives up even through all his hardships. That made me realize I need to keep going too. Just keep pushing forward. Him making a lot less than others with less talent. That made me feel okay about seeing others less talented writers making bank while me not so much. I just have to build up to that and with my talent the only thing holding me back is me. He messed around on his girlfriend. I'll never cheat on my girl. I understand how it could happen though. Women find out you're strong and all of a sudden they want to know what it do. I've been in that situation many times. One example, an ex friend of my girlfriend really couldn't care less about me. But one night I fell asleep on the couch while everyone else was partying. And when I woke up I had a pillow covering my midsection. Truns out while slept I got a boner and everyone saw it. After that this ex friend started trying to talk to me. Another time we were at a bond fire and I smashed an unopened beer can with my left hand just messing around and after I did that I can't tell you how many times different females touched my hand or shoulder or put their hand on my arm.It was all innocent. However, guess how many women were close enough to touch me before I crushed the beer can? Zero. So I can fully understand how he could of had a moment of weakness.
Watching that documentary made me lay down a resolution: keep pushing forward.

So my question to you is where have you found inspiration before?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I found inspiration just reading your comments here.

Thanks for that.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.