Where do you find inspiration?

last reply
31 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Either in writing, or in other creative arts. ;)
[img][/img]
Lurker
0 likes
I find inspiration in my daily walks, TV, books, magazines, and people.
Lurker
0 likes
I find inspiration in my daily walks, TV, books, magazines, and people.
Lurker
0 likes
From whatever my heart is feeling.

I make graphics besides write my musings.

From other tag artists who are way better than me.

Music

Mainly my stupid heart.

That doesn't know any better.

mainly a broken heart
Lurker
0 likes
When I write a story I think of my fantasies that I want to live and sometimes past experiences that are fused with the fantasy makes a really good story that I enjoy writing.
Lurker
0 likes
Although I haven't been brave enough to post any stories on here yet (the Lush mods have a reputation for being a bit fierce!) I've posted over 100 stories on another site and draw my inspiration from people I meet, women I've fantasised about (most of whom would be horrified if they knew) and real life experiences. I always change the names of those involved, for obvious reasons and in fact make it a rule never to use names of anyone I know personally or am related to, just in case I get outed! Could be embarrassing that! lol
I spend a lot of time people watching and making up stories about them, some of which find their way into print under my 'shyboy' pen name on the other site.
Lurker
0 likes
I find inspiration everywhere, sometimes in the least likely of places. Wandering around in nature, driving in my car, after a hot chat, hell it hit me just yesterday while sitting in my living room looking at a new speaker cabinet I just purchased. To me, quiet promotes a free mind that just takes off on its own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
from music
talking to friends
listening to Ryuu talk
my newest :)
Gold hearted fun loving Aussie Angel
0 likes
the world around me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the cupboard under the stairs.
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
0 likes
I used to draw my inspiration from those nightly wanderings of my mind fantasizing right before I fall asleep as I revel in wakeful dreams where my mind is more free to roam. I have a very good imagination. This is that very special happy time most of the time.

I have always had art as an inspiration but possibly it is less lingered on or incorporated into my fantasy.

For the time we have been together, it has been my bff & lover. He may not know that he is my muse, but in reality, he is very much so. Most of my inspiration now comes from him! He adds to my already lucrative avenues. OH YES! YES!

Quote by jollyjack
In the cupboard under the stairs.

What or WHO do you have stashed there?? -Second thought, I DON'T wanna know! >///<
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally, I find it easiest to get inspired by someone else. For me, maybe it's about whether I can relate to that person and empathize the situation they're going through or at least sympathize. I've found inspiration from characters in stories, from people in my life, from people in other people's lives.. and sometimes from my own musings, but the last one isn't too common. I think the funny thing about inspiration is that it hits you like a truck and then disappears - sometimes we end up back in that familiar street and we get hit again and other times, we've changed and learned not to get run over. However, I do have a soft spot for animals and nature.
Happiness is not an outcome or an entitlement. It is not tangible and it is not purchasable. It is a conscious decision, it is a state-of-mind, it is a choice you make at every crossroad.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I find my inspiration in many places, mostly my Honeyman.. Conversation we have, fantasies shared, love felt. Then memories of other real life experiences and more recently from erotic photos on tumblr. Sometimes listening to sexy instrumental music, I'll imagine the words the music is saying. I'm a big day dreamer and I have a pretty active imagination, so images and words are always floating around in my head. Sometimes just a single word can start a thought that will lead to a poem.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I'm lucky (I guess) because I can find inspiration for My stories from just about anywhere! I have written stories based of someone I saw at the grocery store, based on movies I've seen, or just out of a dream I had. My mind is always going and I write stories to keep from getting overcrowded! I don't have to find inspiration - it finds Me!
Lurker
0 likes
Everywhere! Literally, everywhere! I'm inspired by trees and flowers and buildings and strangers... it's endless.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I find inspiration from reading books, books about great people.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Take massive amounts of psychotropic hallucinogens, masturbate furiously onto a piece of paper and then, see where my ejaculatory fluid takes me.
That and reading things written by people smarter than I
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
It really depends. Some times it from an event that happens in my life. Other times it's a crazy idea that pops into my head.
Lurker
0 likes
Everywhere! TV, Books, Movies, and even History.
0 likes
I mostly take inspiration from my past, of course details may get embellished a bit ;). I do look to other sources for inspiration from time to time, TV, magazines, things you see in the high street...ect
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
fortune cookies and those russian dolls that fit inside each other. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I'm with JoeBem, mainly my own experiences and fantasies. I find that if a story is something you've either experienced or fantasised over: a. It's easier to write authoritatively about it. b. The story is more believeable.
Lurker
0 likes
my life is my inspiration
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by sprite
those russian dolls that fit inside each other. smile

It's funny, I got the urge to listen to Show Me Love right after reading that. Hey, a girl can dream!

To me, inspiration is a flower that simply grows everywhere, sometimes where I least expect it. It can spring from watching people around me, from a magnificent view in a distant part of the world, it has hit me 8 miles above ground just as it has while I was doing the dishes and staring at soap suds.

I guess I'm lucky, because inspiration seems to find me. Sometimes almost too much of it, that's why I'm always carrying a barnyard full of unruly plot bunnies around in my head. You can't imagine what a mess those critters always try to make!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All around me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Still looking......
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In Those around me