My Writing Goal For...

last reply
74 replies
12.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I have friends that write and set goals for themselves every day. Sad to say, I'm not that organized. If I can get around to it today, then I'm doing well. I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread where we announce what we intend to accomplish today, this week or this month, as far as our writing is concerned. Then, check back and let us know how you did or what you have to change. Some will like to share their word count goals or the self imposed deadline for revisions. Maybe you are scratching your head and there is a problem that needs to be tackled, let us know. Accountability helps sometimes.

My goal for today was to get a solid start on the next chapter of one of my existing stories. I did get off to a good start, but I'm going to have to seriously set aside some time to work on it and log off of everything else while I'm doing it. It is in my head but I have to get it on the paper. I'd like to make a big push before the weekend is over.

So what's your goal? Nifty 250? Revise an existing draft?
? A True Story ?
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
My goal is take a break for a bit.

My last story wrung me dry.
Lurker
0 likes
For the month of March?

Get at least 4 stories published. On my way nicely but it will still take commitment on my part
Story Verifier
0 likes
For March I've set myself a goal of writing 20k for my ongoing lush stories and another 20k for a novel I'm nearly half way through.

And to finish editing another third of the year's NaNo's brainchild, which will be the hardest one of my goals.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I have to break my goals into little pieces. I've been working on "Only for One Night Ch. 3" this weekend. So, I'm moving along as planned. The story has been received so well that this chapter has me a little fearful. What if it flops? I'm trying to ignore that and push on. The important thing is to have fun and improve.
? A True Story ?
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Finish the new story in the Magic of the Wood series in time for Earth Day this year.

It's been epic fail for the last two years, pushing the release into the summer, and that really bothers me after five years of keeping on schedule before that.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
My goal for the next two weeks is to finish this motherfucking werewolf romance story for my publisher in the US. It was due last Christmas, but I've had epic writer's block and been procrastinating here ever since. I'm going to bash out a couple hundred words tonight and hopefully generate a bit of momentum to keep going.

Just as long as that nifty 250 isn't here in the forums...
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Head Nurse
0 likes
March goals: write my school papers. Survive class.

Maybe get this story out of my head.
Sophisticate
0 likes
I actually have just accomplished it. I have written stories in collaboration and poetry on my own. I have finally done a story on my own.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
My only goal is to allow the words that are running around in my head to find a way out. I don't write by choice per se, it happens when it needs to and what comes out is almost never what I intended it to be
Cocolicious
0 likes
Might as well put it out there as it may be helpful to getting myself together and actually do it...

1) Finish this love story that I've been working on off & on for months.
2) Start and finish a collaboration with a friend.
3) Add to my "Hers" series.
4) Add to my "Swinger Confessions" series (planned quickie/flash contribution)

I'm giving myself until the end of May to get these items done.
Lurker
0 likes
For March: To post 4 stories (one down/three to go)
As a writer: To stay the course and grow and mature as a writer.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Okay, I've been trying to finish working on "Only For One Night". But it seems like every time I sit down to start, I start writing poetry.
I'm seriously thinking about entering the Oral compitition.
My writing goal is to finally decide if I'm going to do it or not.
? A True Story ?
Nerdzilla
0 likes
By April, I'd like to get out a short story I've been playing with. By July, done with another short story I've been playing with. By July or August, I'd like to be finished with my novel. By the end of the year, hopefully completed a collaboration.

This thread is a good idea. In just laying it all out there, maybe I'll keep to it.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I started the year with a resolution to get my first ebook published. I need 100 stories and so far have got around 85. Some earlier ones will need re-editing but no probs there. I have around 50 partly written stories and another 20 or so in the ideas stage.

Hopefully I will be finished around September/October.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
For the month of March?

Get at least 4 stories published. On my way nicely but it will still take commitment on my part

1 down 3 to go
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My writings goals are:
1. finish the third part (maybe final part) of Love is Stronger than Pride
2. Do follow up story of Through the Storm, entitled After the Storm
3. Get Billie (from Love is Stronger than Pride, part 1 and 2) out of my head, she has been begging for a story of her own for so long

Check out my newest story, Penalty of Love

Penalty of Love

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My writings goals are:
1. finish the third part (maybe final part) of Love is Stronger than Pride
2. Do follow up story of Through the Storm, entitled After the Storm
3. Get Billie (from Love is Stronger than Pride, part 1 and 2) out of my head, she has been begging for a story of her own for so long

Check out my newest story, Penalty of Love

Penalty of Love

Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Okay, off to a slow start. I'll settle for writing absolutely anything tonight...just after I watch The Project.

*slaps self in the forehead and sighs*
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
halfway there. Only 2 more left with my 3rd almost ready to be sent to my editor and the 4th being written.

I may actually be able to accomplish this goal
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Haineko

1 down 3 to go

Gawd you are so disciplined.

Every time I sit down to work on my fiction...I write a poem.
It is so frustrating. "A poem is not a story/A story is not a poem", but it is. My mind fixates on one and will not tolerate the other.
Everything is images.
[Humps up my shoulders] Tomorrow, I'll just sit down to write a poem.
I bet it will make an excellent story.

~ABG
? A True Story ?
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by Coco
Might as well put it out there as it may be helpful to getting myself together and actually do it...

1) Finish this love story that I've been working on off & on for months.
2) Start and finish a collaboration with a friend.
3) Add to my "Hers" series.
4) Add to my "Swinger Confessions" series (planned quickie/flash contribution)

I'm giving myself until the end of May to get these items done.

Item #1 DONE!

I really do like the idea of just putting it out there, it makes me want to accomplish the goals I've set even more.
Lurker
0 likes
[Quote] Gawd you are so disciplined.
Not so disciplined as 2 were in varying degrees of completion when I made this goal. My seduction story was written for the last competition but I procrastinate way to much so I've been holding it.

His & Hers Secrets ch1.5 was almost done before that. Just lost the drive for a bit.

Thank God this competition was Flash Style, that took me 2 days to write. #4 is the only big story I'm doing start to finish this month.

Being all in different categories is a blessing though, they help me reach my long-term lush goal of getting a story up in every category.
Lurker
0 likes

3 up in the month of March. Even if I don't hit my goal of 4 I am extremely happy with myself this month.
Lurker
0 likes
4th one is almost written.

I'll have about a week for editing and verification. Things are looking good for me this month.
Lurker
0 likes
It's rather odd (or maybe not if you know what I mean) I've always had a muse.
BUT Never had a clear image in my head of her - yep, I know she's female (no one else talks that sexy to me :-)
So I went to BING.COM and typed in sexy muse and here she is - totally unexpected and out side my vanilla expectations.

So to answer your question - You'll have to ask her - she's the boss

Lurker
0 likes
Ummmmm…I did it!

4 stories up in 1 month and I can knock a long standing goal off my list because 1 is for a competition.

March has been good to me.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
Ummmmm…I did it!

4 stories up in 1 month and I can knock a long standing goal off my list because 1 is for a competition.

Congrats to you! Now that you know you can do it, keep it up, don't slack off, and it'll get easier each time.

I'm also getting there, I did manage to get the editing stuff done in the first half, only 3k words to reach my goal for my lush stories and 5k for my novel. I might even make the cut by Friday night!
Lurker
0 likes
Might as well get my April goal up.

Put a dent in this collaboration story as well as start the 2 Series' I've been looking forward to writing for months now.

Aphrodite's Gift being 1 and 7 deadly sins being the other.
Story Verifier
0 likes
All goals for March reached, yay!

Now onto April. I thought I might tread a little slower next month. But then I realized that is so not me, hehe.

So here's my todo list: publish 6 chapters for my ongoing stories and bring at least one of them full circle. Try to earn another recommended read by fine-combing everything again and again before posting. Start outlining The Moon Forest (just a working title), a boiling hot modern-day potpourri of crime, mystery and magic, before I forget all the ideas that are swirling in my head. And finally, write at least one story for a category I haven't touched yet.