Login

A new list at Goodreads for high-brow / refined erotica

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've started a new list at Goodreads called Intellectual Erotica.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/71704.Intellectual_Erotica

The idea behind this list is to find erotica that exemplifies story elements such as: strong plot, psychological evolution of the character, strong character arc, compelling themes, etc. The focus isn't just 'hot sex' but 'sex and how people experience it / deal with it'

The MC's do not need to be likable or admirable, they do not need to be valiant or even moral.

Anything that impressed you per erotica (or even a story that isn't classified as erotica, but sex and sexuality led or altered the story path and it felt exemplary to you) then let me know, I'll be happy to add it to the list and read it.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Good for you, Matilda!

Sad to say that none of my Lush stories come even close to the minimum qualifications. (sigh)

BTW, are you looking for novels, anthologies, stand-alone shorts or a combination of ingrediantsts type list?

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
You know, it might have helped if I'd checked your list first. (covered with rue)Noticed that "Lolita" was on the list. If classics are to be included, you might want to considerbiggrinelta of Venus, The Story of O, even, Fanny Hill, Candy by Terry Southern.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you smile Length doesn't matter, neither does era or writing style. Quality in one or more of those areas is all I'm on the hunt for :)