Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Daughter or son brings home older bf or gf and there older then u or same age what would you do

last reply
22 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Introduce myself and offer them a drink. You know, like a normal human being....
0 likes
Quote by Archadia
Introduce myself and offer them a drink. You know, like a normal human being....

I like that.

Well~ that is what I hope for.

I like to think that I'd support and would be supported in the reverse and have that kind of relationship to talk about things. (Not that it worked that way with my parents towards me... lol) If someone is attracted to an older person, why should "do" anything? Just like someone of any age, I guess we would be talking about motivations and feelings with them, to help me understand where they are at so I can listen and be there. I try to be open-minded. I think what their reasons are in feeling they way they do for that specific person is more important than a person's outer age. I would want to know what the INNER person was like and feel they MUST be someone special, in any age or event.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
depends on the in-law's look or the situation at hand
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Be absolutely shocked!

But in reality...

Be glad I don't have kids smile

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
If my daughters were truly happy, and I thought their older lovers were not exploiting them, I would be happy for them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It wouldn't matter a damn what I thought and if I objected that would very likely cement their relationship.
Story Verifier
0 likes
My eldest daughter, who is now married with a family of her own, brought a much older man home when she was 17. A sleazeball if ever I saw one!
I was very polite. Made him a coffee and saw him to the door afterwards. Walked him down to the gate with my two German Shepherds and politely told him that if he ever came down this path again I would set the dogs on him. He never returned!
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Was out with a young man and ran into his mother... we smiled and chatted a little. I'm guessing she was out to find a nice young man to give her the same thrill her son gave me. I'm sure she did too, damn she was hot and I was a little jealous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am older than my girlfriends father. The first time we met, he was somewhat standoffish, but now (several years later) we get along fine.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
0 likes
Get to know him and figure out if there's an angle. I'd be more suspicious than if she (I have a son) was close to his age and would pry more but if all seemed on the up and up, I'd let it take its course. An age gap that big is unlikely to last.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Probably tell my daughter to go screw herself and take her boyfriend for myself, especially if he's good looking.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kids falling for a person parents disapprove of has be the subject for poems and literature for thousands of years. In this modern age there isn't much you can do about who your adult children date. At least here in the Illinois Valley we don't have blood feuds, duels, etc. Well, none of these things have made the local papers or been on Facebook.

That being said, you might as well be cool about your kid's love interest. I know parents that have gotten pissy about it and it almost always backfires.
0 likes
Would like to think I would be cool

But I have one of those faces that say it all without saying..a word

Depends on a lot of things

But big age gaps means usually two people are at different stages in their lives

Say a thirty something woman with a twenty something man..she might be thinking babies he might be thinking booty

Or vice versa

YES there are exceptions to every rule and age doesn't matter to some people

But I did marry a man nine years older and it did make things harder

So I doubt my kids will ever bring their dates over..lol la mama is too transparent
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well at first I would have many of the common concerns I think most people would have in that situation. However, I think that a reaction like that is only natural. Overtime, I'm sure I would get over it and just try and appreciate the fact that they both enjoy one another's company on a romantic level.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Wild at Heart
0 likes
I would be totally nice and all that and I would even attend his funeral after the freak accident that would happen to him a short while after meeting me.
Lurker
0 likes
Once knowing his/hers intentions were in the right place and truly loved my son or daughter,I would be fine...Love knows no age...
Lurker
0 likes
Have a light conversation with him. Ending with this statement. If you hurt her I have no problem with going back to prison.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
how old is my child? if they're in their 30s, or older, it wouldn't bother me too much. any younger and i'd have some reservations.

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
how old is my child? if they're in their 30s, or older, it wouldn't bother me too much. any younger and i'd have some reservations.

This, absoloutly

If my child (a big if, as I have no intentions of having any! But I have 5 younger sisters, so I can relate this to if one of my sisters....) was old enough and mature enough to really know what they want, then fine. But look, if they are young, let's say real young (between 18-20) and some one nearer 50 started dating them, then that's a BIG issue for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Take my child to see a psychiatrist. Obviously they are demented to be with a person that is closer to death.