I'm so.... New(d)

last reply
16 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Morning. ^_^ Recent newbie to the site, I heard about it from a friend. Um. I see introductions aren't done often here, but I thought I'd post one anyway. I'm still getting a feel for the site, and I'm a little shy about this whole thing. This topic alone is a huge step for me, and I'll probably be freaking out about it later once I post it. Heh. Erm, so I guess I'll ask, is there any advice you have to give? If not, that's fine, just say hello if you please. :3
0 likes
Welcome aboard the Lush boat! Want to talk about sex, read sexy stories or, if you are so inclined, write and share them? You're in the right spot.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well HELLO. Hope you enjoy being here.
Lurker
0 likes
Hi *waves*

Welcome to Lush. Feel free to message me with any questions, I've been here a while.

*big hugs*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome to lush. If you want, send me a message or maybe we can chat sometime.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Welcome to Lush!

Advice? Just dive in...or just stick your toe in to test the water, if that works best for you.

Lush is as much a community as any other social network, so get to know some people. This place is full of them...all kinds. There's no pressure. Do what makes you comfortable, and enjoy your time here.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Don't take it too seriously. Bear in mind there's a huge range of personalities on lush - not everyone is here for the fun writing /laughs/. If someone does something you don't much like (like bug you with private chat requests), I recommend just not responding. Don't give the sillier people the attention they are trying to get. And welcome!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I too am new here & alittle shy about just jumping into it. haven't totally figured it out yet but what i have seen looks like a place to get a view into all things sexual. so i guess i am trying to say just go with it and have fun..
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Welcome. Just be yourself and you will have fun here.
Don't mind the few trolls that show up.

Consider this your welcome spanking

Have a great day luv!
0 likes
Welcome To "Lush"!

*smiles, bows*

I think Peaches-and-Diesel gave some good advice.
I would not post personal pictures or give out your personal info on here, but that is just me, some people do this. I am still fairly new myself, but I think you will pick up things quickly. Don't be afraid to comment. We love to see people comment.
Lurker
0 likes
Hi Paula, welcome and congrats at being a stay at home mom - world's best profession
I was a FT dad for two wonderful kids, and would do it again, and again and hope to do so again.

You wrote: " I don't do much writing, anything I start I tend to have a hard time finishing."

may I suggest you post your stories without an ending and then ask others to put an ending to the story?
It'd be fun to see how many different twist and turns your story could take.

Msg me anytime if you think I can help.

G
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Gah! Thank you thank you for the warm welcomes, I'm seeing such great work here it's almost inspiring. I think I'll like it here and I'll try and be active as much as I can.

G, thank you for that advice. It's definitely something I'll consider, once I get my self confidence level up. If I do, I'm so apprehensive about my writing. xD

I hope you all have a great week. ^__^
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Grotesquexenigma
Gah! Thank you thank you for the warm welcomes, I'm seeing such great work here it's almost inspiring. I think I'll like it here and I'll try and be active as much as I can.

G, thank you for that advice. It's definitely something I'll consider, once I get my self confidence level up. If I do, I'm so apprehensive about my writing. xD

A bit like you, I'm not good at writing a story through to the end. I wander off course so, for the published ones, I wrote the end first, then the start and just wrote how A got to C. It worked for me.
After three stories I got cocky and thought that I'd write the fourth straight through. Well that started to ramble so I've broken off to write the end and I'll go back and write the middle last. I realize that is the best way for me so I'll stick to it in future.
By the way, I hate writing! I actually don't know why I do it, it's a form of self flagellation. I just seem to get so many ideas that I'd like to read about and authors here like to encourage new writers.
Lurker
0 likes
welcome to lush, i hope you have as much fun here as i do
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Grotesquexenigma

I was the exact same way when I first joined lush. Now it's all changed. If you try it I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani
Welcome to Lush!

Advice? Just dive in...or just stick your toe in to test the water, if that works best for you.

Lush is as much a community as any other social network, so get to know some people. This place is full of them...all kinds. There's no pressure. Do what makes you comfortable, and enjoy your time here.

I totally agree with Dani here Grotesquexenigma.
I would only add my personal belief that it is a good idea to get to know people before you friend them. As Dani said, this community has ALL kinds of people.
Enjoy the site and some of the wonderful people here.
I rather doubt too that you are really a grotesque enigma! lol....you sound like a normal new member to me. Welcome hon!
Story Verifier
0 likes
First, and foremost;

Welcome to Lush!

Like many have said, NEVER post anything that can identify you or allow someone to find you. Most of us are reasonable people just looking for some pleasure but there are a few that get rather nasty.

Secondly;

NEVER don't try! Write it because you enjoy it. Anyone who objects can go screw themselves. If it meets the site guidelines, which are the best I've found so far, then it doesn't matter what ANYONE else thinks. It's just a lot better personally if they like it. You will learn just like the rest of us did or are doing. I'm a little thick sometimes and it takes a while, like with tense.

No one here was born with this talent.

I like scriptwriters suggestion too. I might try that myself because I need all the help I can get sometimes. I kind of alluded to that a couple of times and received no response so we'll see.

Also, you never need to bash yourself because there is a plethora of others out there more than willing to do it for you. Mostly they are just ignorant though and do not bother to think but a couple can think and there favorite thing is to attack you.

If it's constructive, listen.

If it's destructive, screw their opinion.

Primarily, have fun.
I am always a gentleman.