Why misrepresent...

last reply
31 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why do people misrepresent themselves with pictures they claim are them, but are in fact some hot model/person. It is b.s. I appreciate anonymity, but it's really frustrating. It's hard to be turned on with these guys when they could be fat slobs hidden behind six pack abs. Just venting; women do that, and where better than a forum? There is reverse Google picture search. A blatant misrepresentation, unless they mention it is not them or obviously not them ( famous person, etc....) Are there any proven hot men on here? Proven by Skype. I have skyped two men, and each one said their camera was broken (yeah right!). I still turned mine on because I want people to know it is really me. My man is super fine (someone whose picture would be used as one's avatar); he just happens to be away for a long time. I just think of him when chatting. Maybe that's for the best anyhow.
0 likes
My avatar is me, mostly because I am too lazy to do a Google search for an image I like, and because it kind of weirds me out to use someone elses' photo to represent...me. As to why other people use random images to represent themselves, my guess is insecurity about one's body, a desire to remain completely anonymous and unidentifiable, and/or a desire to attract whatever sex one wishes to attract through deception.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have mixed feelings about this . Yes I think people should be honest about who they are and what they look like. At the same time it can ruin the sex apeal. Then a women in real life is always showing off hr good gor the whole world to see what are left with? Lust comes before you even deside shes attractive or even worth you time. Mystery breads curiosity, curiosity breads the quest to know more. Then comes trust and acceptance.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have mixed feelings about this . Yes I think people should be honest about who they are and what they look like. At the same time it can ruin the sex apeal. Then a women in real life is always showing off hr good gor the whole world to see what are left with? Lust comes before you even deside shes attractive or even worth you time. Mystery breads curiosity, curiosity breads the quest to know more. Then comes trust and acceptance.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Some people are not here to hook up with people they are here to write stories and read stories. Not everybody is interested in skyping and revealing their true identities.

Some people are married and wish to keep this private. I can understand why people do not put there real pictures on their avatars.

I think if you are chatting with somebody and become very close and maybe are in a cyber relationship. Then that is when pictures are shared between each other.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
This is a very tired and thoroughly beaten up subject...
Why shouldn't they? This site is about sexual fantasy. Who are you to decide what fantasy is worthy and what fantasy is not
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
this again? seems like i'm rolling my eyes a lot this morning..

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let me rephrase the question slightly...

Why are people so naive?

"Trust no one" and "Everybody lies" are my two catchphrases when dealing with people online.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
People are here for their own reasons, not anyone else's
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Perhaps you should re-write your bio:
Quote....I can see through bullshit instantly.
Also, I want to mention that I am not interested in seeing your cock nor knowing it's size.
I am completely in love.
I am faithful and not looking for anything here with anyone.
I am interested in people, not their private parts.
Lurker
0 likes
I completely agree and I don't really understand it. For me, this is the place where you should be 100% yourself, if ever there was proof that there is someone for everyone then Lush is it. I try my best to show myself and be myself completely freely and without prejudice. If people don't like it then so be it, but those that do at least like you for who you are.

The world be a better, more understanding place, if we felt we could be as honest out there as we can be in here.

I try not to think as those that don't see it that way as being insecure rather than being manipulative.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by GentlemanJack
I completely agree and I don't really understand it. For me, this is the place where you should be 100% yourself, if ever there was proof that there is someone for everyone then Lush is it. I try my best to show myself and be myself completely freely and without prejudice. If people don't like it then so be it, but those that do at least like you for who you are.

The world be a better, more understanding place, if we felt we could be as honest out there as we can be in here.

I try not to think as those that don't see it that way as being insecure rather than being manipulative.

This isn't match.com. I mean this is ridiculous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I myself think men and women today, with all the new means at our disposal to make them more and more attractive, still know they can never match up to the doctored photo which they are DECEIVED into believing could REALLY be them if they do X, and Y and Z!! So it is almost impossible to really live up to what is supposed to be "beautiful" and "sexy" in real life. Just look at how plastic we ALL know the people of Hollywood are...they spend millions on their faces and bodies. If THEY are that insecure (probably about making money and getting parts), then how in hell are we supposed to feel????
Thus, we have to turn to fantasy because reality, made up of real honest-to-goodness people, is not good enough for us. That is what we are constantly being told: YOU do NOT measure up...buy this, do that....whatever it takes.....
To me, it is all NIHILISM---the philosophy of life that says NOTHING is worth being valued. Young men and women don't stand a chance against the onslaught. Parents really have no way to protect their kids from it. We all start at an early age to dislike what our Mamas gave us.
Let's give ourselves a break...please.
Lurker
0 likes
For all it's worth...USE COMMON SENSE...duh.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27
Some people are not here to hook up with people they are here to write stories and read stories. Not everybody is interested in skyping and revealing their true identities.

Some people are married and wish to keep this private. I can understand why people do not put there real pictures on their avatars.

I think if you are chatting with somebody and become very close and maybe are in a cyber relationship. Then that is when pictures are shared between each other.

I agree with this 100%. I found Lush at a bad time, but I was a popular erotica poet and author for a good while on other sites. I wanted to read, submit, and comment on stories. However, in my position, I have to keep my identity on the down low. From looking at my avatar, you wouldn't think I'm a woman. I'm not the thinnest out there, but I don't want pictures of myself floating online. I always loved this picture for some reason and I felt like using it.

Secondly, who are you to tell me what to do? I understand the frustration when it comes to "that guy with perfectly aligned abs but he's really a 500 lb monster living in a dungeon" thing. It's happened to me. However, people need to understand that the Internet, whether you like it or not, is a self-governing entity. I don't care how many governments try to censor or place rules, people can do what they want if it isn't criminal activity. If I want to be Ronald McDonald on Lush, then I have the right to do it. Whether you get upset over the fact that I'm really the Hamburglar, that's your issue. You're looking at a "code of internet ethics" that don't exist, but still expect the other 2 billion to abide by it. It's a free-for-all and you have to adapt to the possibilities of scams, lies, misrepresentations, and trolls. As long as the internet exists, it will never end.

The Why: People, especially men, are insecure with their bodies and feel that in order to cater to the female demographic of the site, they must upload Channing Tatum's abs rather than their own (toned or not). "No one will want to see me on Skype if I appear gross." is one thought. However, I feel like if a person enjoys you that much to want to talk to you over video or audio chat, you should come clean about some things. Appearance shouldn't be a deal breaker, but women tend to place that on high priority when forming any types of relationships. Even women want to appeal to men by uploading models in the same situation.

Or, they just don't want to post a picture, like me.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I can't speak for anyone else. Fantasy? Insecure? Self conscious? Is it right? No...but people do what they want. Knowing why they do it won't stop them from doing it. Neither will it make you more accepting of them doing it. It just is what it is. So just use caution. And not everyone uses fake avatars to pretend to be them...some use them as representations of themselves without revealing who they actually are.

As for why I do it? Well, I'm like ridiculously attractive in real life. So I use avatars of ridiculously beautiful models to downplay it and keep the rest of you at bay.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani
As for why I do it? Well, I'm like ridiculously attractive in real life. So I use avatars of ridiculously beautiful models to downplay it and keep the rest of you at bay.

I've heard a rumour that this is true
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GingerTamer

I've heard a rumour that this is true

Lurker
0 likes
Never forget, there are no rules on the internet. You never know what you're going to find. Everyone has different expectations.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Quote by Twofish1way
Why do people misrepresent themselves with pictures they claim are them, but are in fact some hot model/person. It is b.s. I appreciate anonymity, but it's really frustrating. It's hard to be turned on with these guys when they could be fat slobs hidden behind six pack abs. Just venting; women do that, and where better than a forum? There is reverse Google picture search. A blatant misrepresentation, unless they mention it is not them or obviously not them ( famous person, etc....) Are there any proven hot men on here? Proven by Skype. I have skyped two men, and each one said their camera was broken (yeah right!). I still turned mine on because I want people to know it is really me. My man is super fine (someone whose picture would be used as one's avatar); he just happens to be away for a long time. I just think of him when chatting. Maybe that's for the best anyhow.

It is as simple as this... People come in two forms here... Those who choose to lie as to who they are and those who choose to BE who they are... Unfortunately it sounds as if your meeting the wrong ones... sad
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
0 likes
I had a really long response written, but I know that bores people. It's just that there are so very many things & reasons really that anyone could have and often they do... (some are just no big deal, stupid reasons, and some are more indepth or sordid ones.)

It is true, no one likes a fake.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Twofish1way

Yes. Maybe you just haven't attracted them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jollylolly

Yes. Maybe you just haven't attracted them.

Should I send her an FR?
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Should I send her an FR?

Sure, as long as your webcam isn't broken.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jollylolly

Sure, as long as your webcam isn't broken.

It's not broken, that's just how I look

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

It's not broken, that's just how I look

Best!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
this again? seems like i'm rolling my eyes a lot this morning..

careful they don't fall out.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
Let me rephrase the question slightly...

Why are people so naive?

"Trust no one" and "Everybody lies" are my two catchphrases when dealing with people online.

Are you fucking shitting me? I thought people on the interweb were the most honest of people. You've crushed my reality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I thought people on the interweb were the most honest of people.

Perfect example.

Quote by Dani

Lies.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by adagio_sabadicus
For all it's worth...USE COMMON SENSE...duh.

Check mate