Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Your favorite category to read/write a story on LUSH?

last reply
39 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you have a favorite category or you just like to read random ones?
Be a man to treat me like a princess and fuck me like a whore.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being a bisexual woman in a relationship with a girl I have to say lesbian is my fave but I also like trans and fetish stories.
0 likes
For reading, I tend to just grab random stories from the front page or friends' story lists. There are categories I tend to avoid (BDSM isn't usually my thing for instance) but I don't really choose what to read based on category.

For writing, I don't usually think of a category. I start a story and see where it goes, then try to fit a category to it. It's harder than starting with a category and writing to the definition but also gives me more leeway as an author. For instance, it took me a while to figure out where "The Professor" would go category-wise because it fit a number of them.
Lurker
0 likes
The reading part was easy now I'll probably spend time finding another favorite category but in the mean time I will be reading my friends stories for the most part. D_D's West Coast Games series is fantastic and Mystaria is my favorite poet. I have to mention my friend Sophie14 if you haven't read her stuff you should.

As for writing I'm trying not to become a niche author but Trans is my favorite to write
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
**Content removed by moderator. Violates TOS.**... oh wait.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by xXshunikaXx
**Content removed by moderator. Violates TOS.**... oh wait.

I thought that, but was not as brave as you were....lol
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I tend to read based on author, inhaling a good writer's library and then moving onto the next. When I run out of heavy hitters in my friends list, I'll probably stray into the Editor's Picks and Recommended Read Categories.

I do routinely read the competition entries though. But in the intended spirit of the original question, cheating wives and group are probably my favourite categories on Lush at the moment.

As for writing, honestly, I like to mix it up. A bit of everything really. My four currently serviceable stories are in four different categories, and the three up on blocks will be in three more.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
look more at author than genre, but if I had to choose, I would say First Time. I love the loss of innocence.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm on a reading break.

I sort of got to a point where even the most extreme stories didn't really thrill me - a mental overload, I suppose. I sort of stepped away from reading altogether and started writing again.

I've been writing menage and taboo.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
When I write, the story leads me and when I'm done, I'll try to find the category that fits it.

I usually pick my stories by authors when I read for enjoyment. If I'm modding and reading authors I'm not familiar with, I find that seduction and first time are generally my favorite.

Really though, it's far more important for the story to be creatively written and have some emotion to it than to just be about this or that. If I can't get into the characters, no amount of raunchy sex is going to save it. Character development makes or breaks a story for me.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I don't have a favorite. I enjoy any well written story, period.

With the exception of cuckold stories. I read a fairly good one once, and it made me cringe. I tried another, and no...it's just not for me.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dani
I don't have a favorite. I enjoy any well written story, period.

With the exception of cuckold stories. I read a fairly good one once, and it made me cringe. I tried another, and no...it's just not for me.

I don't know... My favorite story of all time was a cuckold story. I think it is no longer on the site though, unfortunately.

It was written by a sub girl or some shit for her lush boyfriend and in the story the girl fucks three - very large - black men in front of her lush boyfriend then the black men bend the guy over and fuck him in his ass - repeatedly - as she watches and cheers them on. Like, they are wrecking the lush boyfriend's virgin white ass.

The best part was like people leaving comments about how awesome the story was and the final comment was from the lush boyfriend and he just said.

"Nice story babe."

And that was it - nice story babe - and the whole damn thing was so fucking funny.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
On this site, I tend to pay more attention to the author than the category. Like others, I enjoy a well-written story, so I have my favourite authors whose styles I'm drawn to. I do like stories with interesting characters, a bit of edge, sex that feels a little 'different' or inspired. And I love really dirty stories or ones that are a bit psychologically bent or twisted. If I had to pick, I probably enjoy hardcore, straight sex, anal, reluctance and cheating stories the most.

There are categories I tend to stay away from, just because I tend to not find them that interesting (First Time, MILF, older/younger, Fetishes, Supernatural, formal BDSM/Master stuff). If it's a talented author or someone whose work I already enjoy, I'm willing to go along for the ride, however. For example, I'm usually not drawn to romantic fare or poetry but Liz routinely writes stuff that makes me swoon over how she weaves words. Like her poem Genesis - by content alone - so not me - but it's one of my favourite pieces of writing on this site.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't have a favorite in terms of reading or writing. I just like a great story, but being honest, I do love the Supernatural and I'm always gonna like a good MILF tale.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Exhibitionism or voyeurism will get me every time.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well written in the sense that they can paint a picture with their words. I love the college section though people write amazing stories for that!
Lurker
0 likes
I like the dynamics involved in group sex stories, so that's what I enjoy. Plus.....it's hott!

Lurker
0 likes
"Love Poems" hands down. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I too enjoy the Love Poems, First Time stories, and Neighborhood fantasies.
It does change day to day, month to month.
0 likes
It has been removed
and two others were never allowed here...
so much for my favs ...
I guess I am too perverted- or more likely~ those topics are just too controversial
even if it was the feigned sort and not "actual" ~
and fantasy/fiction and not true
either/or and none exist here.
Bumma.

After that~ "Taboo" & "Hardcore"
then fetishes...
MILF
BDSM
Reluctance
Lurker
0 likes
Incest, especially daddy/daughter ones. But since that's gone, taboo.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Lesbian seductions are usually my favorites, but any creatively-written erotic stories are enjoyable. I too wish certain taboo subjects hadn't been banned here!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Exhibitionism/voyeur
interracial
group sex
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by thatfatchick
Incest, especially daddy/daughter ones. But since that's gone, taboo.

I'm the same, I miss the incest stories as they were the best.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Taboo, College Sex, and supernatural.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
gay male and crossdressing
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
The reading part was easy now I'll probably spend time finding another favorite category but in the mean time I will be reading my friends stories for the most part. D_D's West Coast Games series is fantastic and Mysteria is my favorite poet. I have to mention my friend Sophie14 if you haven't read her stuff you should.

As for writing I'm trying not to become a niche author but Trans is my favorite to write

I have to add supernatural & fantasy to my list of favorites to write.

My Dark Lover dulogy, my current comp piece and my Aphrodite's Gift quintet (I think that's 5) are some of my favorites I have done or will do. I also get a goofy grin on my face when I think about my upcoming 7 deadly sins series
Head Nurse
0 likes
Like others, I don't read or write by category.

Case in point: my latest story started out with the idea of "what if the headless horse man was a real tale? what would the story today be?" I had planned to make it about a girl, one who was missing in the news. But the farther I got in the writing process, and character development, I figured out that really I had my character wrong. Scarlet became Shaun and I wrote a story that although intended to be strictly a supernatural story, became a gay male story. If I had buttoned myself into a category, I would still be struggling with character development.

I prefer to read a good tale first and foremost. Ill read a story by an author I like in a category I don't.

Force me to pick a tab to read from and Ill pick Editor's Pick every time.